Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

After the Rangers game, Vanek said, comparing that game to the Leafs game, "We didn't give 'em any freebies."

I noticed that too. However, he could easily have been speaking from an overall defensive standpoint. I think one can (LGB) read into things what one wants to.

First off, IMO, if miller has a broken collar bone there would be no reason for him to be on the ice today or yesterday. Judging from the way he took the shot and the funny nature of those breaks, it makes sense. If it is a fracture of that bone, it is almost impossible to set and just needs to heal which would take a few weeks. Concussion just doesn't make sense because he takes pucks off the mask a couple times a week and no one whacked him upside the head because Weber would have beat them up.... so I am going with fractured collarbone.

So with that being said, Enroth is agile and playing well but I would prefer that Miller backstop this team in the playoffs. The reality might be Enroth through the first round and into the second if it is a broken bone.

After the Rangers game, Vanek said, comparing that game to the Leafs game, "We didn't give 'em any freebies."

I already mentioned he said that but I don't take it the way you do. That blip is a start of a long sentence IIRC about two on one's etc that they need to not give up.

First off, IMO, if miller has a broken collar bone there would be no reason for him to be on the ice today or yesterday. Judging from the way he took the shot and the funny nature of those breaks, it makes sense. If it is a fracture of that bone, it is almost impossible to set and just needs to heal which would take a few weeks. Concussion just doesn't make sense because he takes pucks off the mask a couple times a week and no one whacked him upside the head because Weber would have beat them up.... so I am going with fractured collarbone.

So with that being said, Enroth is agile and playing well but I would prefer that Miller backstop this team in the playoffs. The reality might be Enroth through the first round and into the second if it is a broken bone.

According to Sports Medicine.com and my own learnings on the human body an injury to the collar bone, even a fracture, would result in immediate pain and discomfort, swelling and bruising, and at least some difficult mobility of your arm. From my looks at Miller's play after the shot, either this is the toughest player I have ever seen or he did not fracture the bone.

If you ever broke your collar bone you'd know Miller did not. The pain is so bad. He would not be day to day.

According to Sports Medicine.com and my own learnings on the human body an injury to the collar bone, even a fracture, would result in immediate pain and discomfort, swelling and bruising, and at least some difficult mobility of your arm. From my looks at Miller's play after the shot, either this is the toughest player I have ever seen or he did not fracture the bone.

In that case could it be bruised not broken? That would explain his absence but travel with thte team and how he finished the game.

"Freebie" I hear uncontested shot in the slot that the D gave up.

"Softie" I hear goaltender missed a routine save while thinking about dinosaurs, supermodels, the alien voices, or combo of all three.

The NHL has a rule/statement that teams do NOT need to disclose nature of injuries to media, or anyone else in an effort to keep people from targeting said injured area on said injured player. If everyone in the NHL knew EXACTLY what was wrong with Miller, don't you think they'd be aiming there every time? say it is his collarbone, if I was Washington or Carolina, EVERY chance I had to shoot high on Miller, right at his chest or collarbone, I'd take it. But hey, that's just me

The NHL has a rule/statement that teams do NOT need to disclose nature of injuries to media, or anyone else in an effort to keep people from targeting said injured area on said injured player. If everyone in the NHL knew EXACTLY what was wrong with Miller, don't you think they'd be aiming there every time? say it is his collarbone, if I was Washington or Carolina, EVERY chance I had to shoot high on Miller, right at his chest or collarbone, I'd take it. But hey, that's just me

It is very different when a guy is not practicing or playing with an injury and when he is playing through an injury...many players on the team right now have undisclosed minor injuries but are still playing I guarantee

LR says Miller is still day to day but will make the trip with the team.

I'd say no concussion. They usually won't let you fly with a concussion.

That is starting to sound more like, what that professional term, an ooowey..

I've had one. You ain't playing goalie with one..

I already mentioned he said that but I don't take it the way you do. That blip is a start of a long sentence IIRC about two on one's etc that they need to not give up.

There's nothing really meaningful preceding that statement. At least not on the clip on WGR.

I don't take it any way. I was just presenting the quote.

So this:

But you can still ###### yourself under pressure.

Has nothing to do with this:

There's nothing really meaningful preceding that statement. At least not on the clip on WGR.

I don't take it any way. I was just presenting the quote.

Got it.

Archived