Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

I don't think this is a concussion, at all. The Rolston shot wasn't that bad. I think he either bruised or chipped his collarbone on the Phaneuf shot, and now it's swollen and sore. Just my guess. I'm definitely concerned, but not as much as I would be if Lalime was going to play (gaaaaaahhhhh!).

Although a concussion might be a shorter-term injury at this point. Crap!

But the whole not flying thing doesn't make sense then. Why wouldn't you fly unless you are (a) concussed or (b) injured enough to rule you out of two enormous games?

I wasn't aiming my comment at you specifically, but since you seem to be looking over your shoulder like every Amherst mom on Main Street expecting to get mugged, then let us.

The games you play in these threads are fantastic. You make posts that on their face seem to be rebuttals or contradictions to others, but you purposely leave out little pieces that would cause your opinion to fall one way or another, so that if anyone calls you on it you can say "Oh, I didn't actually say that." or "This is my real opinion now that you've provided me plenty of material to make an argument out of."

It's astounding. You would drive some of the best lawyers in the world up a wall. The way you structure posts in order to trap other posters into pre-meditated discourse is genius. Which is why I don't even bother trying to discuss anything with you once you're whipped into a frenzy, because it's a complete waste of energy to try and determine what you're actually saying, or thinking, on the other side of the computer screen. And this isn't an insult. It's me bowing to your labyrinth of a mind out of respect. You've made an internet career out of being impossible.

Conn Sonar, Crazy Ivan!

Meanwhile, I'm in trouble with SDS because I become the focus of conversation. It's not my fault.

Someone suggested that Vanek made a comment after the Toronto game calling out Miller. I merely provided the actual quote. Then you and chz jumped to the conclusion that I thought "freebie" referred to goals scored on Miller. If I could pin it on Miller, I certainly would. But I really have no idea what a freebie is in hockey. Never heard it. Googled it, got nothing.

southern fried poop nuggets

i like the smilin midget swede but cmon hes not no olympic hero

Neither is Miller. Calling Miller an "Olympic Hero" is like calling Bill Buckner an "Red Sox Hero." He let in a incredibly, Miller like, soft goal to make Crosby the "Olympic Hero."

Do you disagree?

Perhaps a better way of asking is whether the Sabres would have made it if Miller hadn't been injured.

Now, you may think that the team was inherently weak that year, and should have been strong enough to withstand Miller's injury, since every team gets hit with injuries, but the bottom line is that the Sabres weren't strong enough without him that year.

I vaguely remember the Sabres being on the playoff bubble when Miller got hurt, so I don't know that they were a lock for the playoff had he not been hurt. Probably would have made it, I guess.

The issue is how the new owner views teams that fall short. There will always be excuses available. If the Sabres collapse from here on out, and I don't think they're going to, not this team, not with this kid in goal, not with a nice cushion, there's another excuse sitting there.

Vanek had mentioned something after the toronto game about Miller letting in a soft goal...which although it seemed harmless is a large jab when thats whats going on in the media...what is really being said in the locker room could be 5 fold of what is pushed out in the media

Great..........

So Now instead of One Team, One Goal it's One Team, One Head Case Goalie, No More Soft Goals? <_< :blink:

Neither is Miller. Calling Miller an "Olympic Hero" is like calling Bill Buckner an "Red Sox Hero." He let in a incredibly, Miller like, soft goal to make Crosby the "Olympic Hero."

Speaking about the only game that I have rooted against Ryan Miller, Ryan kept the United States in that game, so sorry about your soft goal theory......He was far and away the best American that day and deserved the accolades for his play in the Olympics.

I wanted lindy to mix it up this weekend with miller at caps n enroth at canes. Well will see if enroth can change our bad fortunes with canes

the team will have to do to skinner what they did to callahan vs. rangers. blanket him.

But the whole not flying thing doesn't make sense then. Why wouldn't you fly unless you are (a) concussed or (b) injured enough to rule you out of two enormous games?

I think he is dinged up enough that he is out for the weekend (probably a bruised collarbone and other assorted bumps and bruises, definitely not a fracture), but not a concussion. Miller needs mental rest as much as he needs to heal. If he's not going to play this weekend, leave him home so he can recharge his batteries. They didn't dress him a couple weeks ago after his dust up with sully. It seemed to work pretty well.

Meanwhile, I'm in trouble with SDS because I become the focus of conversation. It's not my fault.

Someone suggested that Vanek made a comment after the Toronto game calling out Miller. I merely provided the actual quote. Then you and chz jumped to the conclusion that I thought "freebie" referred to goals scored on Miller. If I could pin it on Miller, I certainly would. But I really have no idea what a freebie is in hockey. Never heard it. Googled it, got nothing.

Not targeting you but wth have all your posts gotten a +1 especially this one? No offense to you but its a average post and ppl on this board are weird.

In other thoughts, Miller prob has a bruised bone and they figured they would let him chill in buffalo. We will all know for sure tomorrow so remember patience is a virtue.

Archived