Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

At some point marketing has to take a back seat to product development. First things first.

Winning is a belief, dude.

(I like the "Hockey Heaven" on the ice idea. Do it in the same "Buffalo" script we have on the alternate and it would look awesome.)

I believe that winning is a goal. I don't understand how winning becomes a "belief."

Unless of course we're talking about Charlie Sheen, because he obviously believes he is winning.

Nicely played! :thumbsup:

So, Charlie Sheen on the coaching staff? :blink:

I can see it now, "I'm going to plug you all into my brain" :lol:

I believe that winning is a goal. I don't understand how winning becomes a "belief."

Unless of course we're talking about Charlie Sheen, because he obviously believes he is winning.

Just my ramblings....

Belief is commitment.

Goals come in lists.

Think of the best athletes, especially the ones that don't don't have the physical gifts to succeed, but inevitably do. I really do think it starts at the "belief" level. It starts with the belief that it is possible to succeed at the highest level.

When Peluga says it, I have a feeling it also echoes some kind of ethos of Mike Ilitch.

Just my ramblings....

Belief is commitment.

Goals come in lists.

Think of the best athletes, especially the ones that don't don't have the physical gifts to succeed, but inevitably do. I really do think it starts at the "belief" level. It starts with the belief that it is possible to succeed at the highest level.

When Peluga says it, I have a feeling it also echoes some kind of ethos of Mike Ilitch.

Step 1 in winning the Stanley Cup? This.

Actually the whole "belief" thing is way less corny than it sounds. Have you ever noticed that the people who are super negative and think it's impossible to get ahead in the world are the exact same ones who never actually do get ahead in the world? At the other end of the spectrum you have guys like Richard Branson who get more done than 99.99% of the population. You could take all his money away from that guy and he'd be a millionaire again in 12 months.

No doubt in my mind that the new attitude from the new owner completely turned this season around.

Miller is the new Tom Barrasso...Remember him? - Tom, you're not good enough in Buffalo so we trade ya to Pittsburgh and win a championship....Yea, that Tom Barrasso...

Cool story but that isn't really how it went down. Tommy B was set to make alot of money and Buffalo had ths hot young goaltender named Darren Puppa who did real well in Rochester and was ready to take the next step. Meanwhile, the Sabres had some deficiencies that needed addressing. Along came P-burg with the offer of a good offensive defenceman (Bodger) and a former 4th overall draft pick (Shannon), and Barasso was gone.

Hmmm, that situation sounds awfully familiar now that you mention it......

Cool story but that isn't really how it went down. Tommy B was set to make alot of money and Buffalo had ths hot young goaltender named Darren Puppa who did real well in Rochester and was ready to take the next step. Meanwhile, the Sabres had some deficiencies that needed addressing. Along came P-burg with the offer of a good offensive defenceman (Bodger) and a former 4th overall draft pick (Shannon), and Barasso was gone.

Hmmm, that situation sounds awfully familiar now that you mention it......

Bodger and Svoboda covered a lot of ice. Too bad they never seemed to be healthy at the same time.

Reason and facts mean nothing to him. As Karl Rove said-- certainly the truth can be created by the repetition of a lie-- or something like that. They gave Miller the Olympic MVP because he was badly outplayed by Crosby and they felt sorry for him . He received the Directorate Award as best goaltender only because Tim Thomas had a hip injury. See how all that works in bizarroland.

The word the poster used was "Hero" not MVP. No one is denying that Miller played well, just that there was just one "hero" in the Olympic Tournament and Miller wasn't it.

The word the poster used was "Hero" not MVP. No one is denying that Miller played well, just that there was just one "hero" in the Olympic Tournament and Miller wasn't it.

Not a hockey point, but a literary/semantic one...

Why should one hero preclude another?

Heroes don't necessarily win in literature, but travel out, face a great battle, and sometimes journey home.

Heroes don't necessarily win in literature, but travel out, face a great battle, and sometimes journey home.

This is very true....... :beer:

Does being a protagonist in a story automatically qualify a character as being a hero? I've had this discussion previously about Brave Heart and William Wallace. Is William Wallace a "hero?" He tried to fight the English, got crushed and Scotland was never free. In NHL terms he won a game against England in the regular season and got swept in the playoffs. Is that really a "hero?" Not in sports terms.

A bit off topic in this thread, but ...

my suggestion to Black on sabres.com was to put "Hockey Heaven" on center ice ... Detroit can have the town, we got heaven

Just something I put together with pictures I took..........

post-93-072924200 1301799459_thumb.jpg

Does being a protagonist in a story automatically qualify a character as being a hero? I've had this discussion previously about Brave Heart and William Wallace. Is William Wallace a "hero?" He tried to fight the English, got crushed and Scotland was never free. In NHL terms he won a game against England in the regular season and got swept in the playoffs. Is that really a "hero?" Not in sports terms.

I guess I think of Hector in the Iliad.

Hero.

Not sure about William Wallace. Hard to get behind the blue face and skirt look. :D

Archived