Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

Meanwhile, I'm in trouble with SDS because I become the focus of conversation. It's not my fault.

Someone suggested that Vanek made a comment after the Toronto game calling out Miller. I merely provided the actual quote. Then you and chz jumped to the conclusion that I thought "freebie" referred to goals scored on Miller. If I could pin it on Miller, I certainly would. But I really have no idea what a freebie is in hockey. Never heard it. Googled it, got nothing.

Look at you. You're a mess.

you do realize there is an entire thread dedicated to this, right?

There is and that other thread should be called panic at the disco. Or arcade fire. Or woman and children first. Or whoa is me. Or oh my god oh my god oh my god. Or f#&@ we're doomed. Or thats it,it's over. Or

There is and that other thread should be called panic at the disco. Or arcade fire. Or woman and children first. Or whoa is me. Or oh my god oh my god oh my god. Or f#&@ we're doomed. Or thats it,it's over. Or

:clapping:

Fire in the Disco, FIRE IN THE DISCO, FIRE IN THE TACO BELL

Neither is Miller. Calling Miller an "Olympic Hero" is like calling Bill Buckner an "Red Sox Hero." He let in a incredibly, Miller like, soft goal to make Crosby the "Olympic Hero."

yeah youre right. the kelly era bills sucked real bad

Speaking about the only game that I have rooted against Ryan Miller, Ryan kept the United States in that game, so sorry about your soft goal theory......He was far and away the best American that day and deserved the accolades for his play in the Olympics.

That's like saying Buckner played well before the error or what about the kicks Norwood made prior to missing the potential game winner? Crosby was the Olympic Hero in hockey that year. He got the job done.

That's like saying Buckner played well before the error or what about the kicks Norwood made prior to missing the potential game winner? Crosby was the Olympic Hero in hockey that year. He got the job done.

Carry on the Crusade........ :thumbsup:

OK, who put "confirmed" in the title? Nothing has been "confirmed." I hate to be a stickler. Maybe "Report: ..."

It's not confirmed until the team confirms it.

Something doesn't totally add up here. The bottom line is that a player is apparently not seriously injured but is away from his team, and that's pretty extraordinary.

The Sabres have a history of adding too much intrigue to certain situations. Tim Connolly has been the victim of it. It only adds to the rumor mongering and the speculation. Players suffer because of it.

"Ryan has a deep bruise on his shoulder, can't play in either game and will stay home to rest up and recharge. Traveling can take a lot of out you. He's very likely to return on Tuesday." If that's the truth, let's have it.

It's the front page of buffalonews.com right now. And Detroit thinks it's a hockey town?

A bit off topic in this thread, but ...

my suggestion to Black on sabres.com was to put "Hockey Heaven" on center ice ... Detroit can have the town, we got heaven

A bit off topic in this thread, but ...

my suggestion to Black on sabres.com was to put "Hockey Heaven" on center ice ... Detroit can have the town, we got heaven

At some point marketing has to take a back seat to product development. First things first.

Carry on the Crusade........ :thumbsup:

Reason and facts mean nothing to him. As Karl Rove said-- certainly the truth can be created by the repetition of a lie-- or something like that. They gave Miller the Olympic MVP because he was badly outplayed by Crosby and they felt sorry for him . He received the Directorate Award as best goaltender only because Tim Thomas had a hip injury. See how all that works in bizarroland.

OK, who put "confirmed" in the title? Nothing has been "confirmed." I hate to be a stickler. Maybe "Report: ..."

It's not confirmed until the team confirms it.

Something doesn't totally add up here. The bottom line is that a player is apparently not seriously injured but is away from his team, and that's pretty extraordinary.

The Sabres have a history of adding too much intrigue to certain situations. Tim Connolly has been the victim of it. It only adds to the rumor mongering and the speculation. Players suffer because of it.

"Ryan has a deep bruise on his shoulder, can't play in either game and will stay home to rest up and recharge. Traveling can take a lot of out you. He's very likely to return on Tuesday." If that's the truth, let's have it.

Did you ever think his therepy would go much better at home, where there are better resources? I am sure they are working on the thing several times a day to promote healing--why would you take him away from that? Oh--because it will create more certainty for you. Selfish bastard.

Did you ever think his therepy would go much better at home, where there are better resources? I am sure they are working on the thing several times a day to promote healing--why would you take him away from that? Oh--because it will create more certainty for you. Selfish bastard.

The Sabres should just come out and say that then.

Apparently the Sabres themselves were going to take him away from that until something happened at the very last minute.

I am anything but certain about what is going on here.

I am a bastard though. Thanks for noticing.

Reason and facts mean nothing to him. As Karl Rove said-- certainly the truth can be created by the repetition of a lie-- or something like that. They gave Miller the Olympic MVP because he was badly outplayed by Crosby and they felt sorry for him . He received the Directorate Award as best goaltender only because Tim Thomas had a hip injury. See how all that works in bizarroland.

Karl Rove would know! That's funny.

The Sabres should just come out and say that then.

Apparently the Sabres themselves were going to take him away from that until something happened at the very last minute.

I am anything but certain about what is going on here.

I am a bastard though. Thanks for noticing.

I was referring to Miller as the "selfish bastard"-- tongue in cheek-- not you. Sorry for the ambiguity. Certainty is overrated. Miller sucks anyway right? The overpaid bastard will be back when he can play and not a moment sooner--especially since he is probably faking the injury so he can avoid playing so he can mask how bad he sucks.

Neither is Miller. Calling Miller an "Olympic Hero" is like calling Bill Buckner an "Red Sox Hero." He let in a incredibly, Miller like, soft goal to make Crosby the "Olympic Hero."

um, he was the Tournament MVP. BTW, Bill Buckner wasn't the world Series MVP. Oh, and the Olympics were in CANADA.

I was referring to Miller as the "selfish bastard"-- tongue in cheek-- not you. Sorry for the ambiguity. Certainty is overrated. Miller sucks anyway right? The overpaid bastard will be back when he can play and not a moment sooner--especially since he is probably faking the injury so he can avoid playing so he can mask how bad he sucks.

I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't the selfish bastard.

I have some work to do, obviously.

I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't the selfish bastard.

I have some work to do, obviously.

You seem like a nice person--just kind of unhappy and always fearing that the worst will happen. Tough to live like that, and you deserve an outlet for that.

the Miller bashing on this site is bordering on ridiculous. 15 more wins and he will pass Hasek as the all-time leader in Franchise History.

It's not that many. Just a few who think it is not human to make mistakes--as they live perfectly in all aspects of their lives, especially on the job.

:clapping:

Fire in the Disco, FIRE IN THE DISCO, FIRE IN THE TACO BELL

Outstanding. :clapping: Apparantly I'm in with you two laughing and watching while the Sabres burn.

the Miller bashing on this site is bordering on ridiculous. 15 more wins and he will pass Hasek as the all-time leader in Franchise History.

Miller will never be like the Dominator, even with more franchise wins. Hasek carried his country to a Gold Medal in the Olympics :rolleyes: ..........Just sayin........

With that said though, Miller is an NHL top 10 goalie, he has had a good career here in Buffalo and has shown the focus and compete drive to win. I have nothing against Miller and am very happy he is our goalie. But the Sabres have acquired via the draft or trade some very good goalies over the course of their history, especially the last 25 years or so. And our training system somehow puts them in a very good class.

Miller played very well in the Olympics and represented his country to the upmost, all American hockey fans should be proud of that.

But he is a bit inconsistent, he has his off years like every other goalie.

I can't see comparing him to Dom fair at all, Hasek was in a class unto himself, willing our team to game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.

As far as the Sabres future goes with netminders, it's looking very bright early on. Both Enroth and Leggio's (a fantastic pick up for the Sabres by Regier by the way) development in the Sabres system is prototypical of goalies who come to the Sabres lately. Enroth has all of the tools to be a #1 goalie in the league, but he's young and may need a season or 2 as the backup with 25 to 30 games to really hone those skills.

Miller's contract is up at the end of the 13/14 season and he'll be 34 years old in July of that 2014 off season. Depending on how the next 3 seasons pan out for him will most likely determine whether or not he gets re-signed. Also, Enroth will be 25 at that time, Miller truly took over the starting position at 25 years old as well, so I see comparisons here career wise.

It's not that I don't think Miller is a star, he is, but I just don't think he's an overall hero the way a Crosby type is.

But yes, Miller was the hero for the American Olympic Hockey Team, just not the overall Olympics in my opinion.

Archived