Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

Mask technology is greatly improved. Masks are scientifically designed to deflect pucks and the top level ones the pros wear are much safer than a standard player helmet. Player helmets can crack or flex since they're mostly made of plastic, whereas most top level masks are a kevlar or carbon fiber composite. Sure, old masks weren't very good, but now there is no better option.

There's videos around the internet of masks being tested. They literally fire hundreds of pucks at these helmets from varying angles and measure the shock induced. Goalie helmets are the best they've ever been and innovations in padding and design continue to make them better.

There is a documentary about this on vs right now

LOL.. i believe many Sabres fans got to watch this in it's entirety while the game was mysteriously yanked from TV...

It was yanked cuz the ranger were losing and versus can not televise the sabres doing well... ITS against their policy the arrogant SOB's somebody start we hate versus thread so we can just bash them.

LOL.. i believe many Sabres fans got to watch this in it's entirety while the game was mysteriously yanked from TV...

:huh:

Wife had set up the TV to record the game on Vs. DTV switched us to the MSG-Buffalo feed at 7:00PM. Not sure why it was simulcast, but both networks (MSG probably had it on as well, so all 3 (?)) apparently showed the game. Got to watch the whole thing w/ Rick & Harry. Sorry to see you missed it.

Wife had set up the TV to record the game on Vs. DTV switched us to the MSG-Buffalo feed at 7:00PM. Not sure why it was simulcast, but both networks (MSG probably had it on as well, so all 3 (?)) apparently showed the game. Got to watch the whole thing w/ Rick & Harry. Sorry to see you missed it.

I had it set for Versus. RATS!

i guess im thinking about the old designs. i played goalie with both a mask and cage and once i got hit in the face with each i never went back to the mask again. getting hit with the mask on hurt like hell but with a cage it was like nuthin. but that was twenty plus years ago, modern masks are really helmets anyway, just specialized for goalies

I was worried when he took that shot off the collar bone. Hope it's a concussion over a broken collar bone as those can hurt like a b1tch. Although since he finished the game I'd be shocked if it were broke.

Really? :blink:

I'd rather he have a broken collar bone. We've seen how concussions could end someone's career.

Taro ur in NC right I got stuck with VS MSG Rangers feed but I will admit Sam was even calling it not like ###### does

Did it occur to anyone that Enroth was probably playing tonight anyways?

If Miller has a Concussion they wouldn't be talking about his return this weekend.

If Miller broke his collar-bone, he wouldn't have finished the game against the Leafs.

Nope, that would've swelled immediately and tightened up to the point where he couldn't move his arm. Unless were talking a tiny crack.

It is not uncommon for a player to be "scratched" for having some sort of injury or ailment..usually the flu (Craig Rivet anyone) and basically it is just out of respect to the player because they don't want to be embarrassed for being sat...realistically to be sat at HOME in probably the biggest game of the season and then get shown up by your back up is probably as embarrassed as you can get by goalie standards...if Miller had just been sat for his poor play in Toronto then people might be saying Enroth could be replacing him...since it is put into the media as "an injury" it does not seem so controversial

At the Lindy post-game presser, the Miller questions didn't come until about five minutes in. The first was to the extent of how is Miller, to which Ruff revealed nothing, and the follow up question was if the Phaneuf shot had anything to do with it. Ruff said partially, and then thank you, and walked off the stage.

All this speculation is getting us no where. But the fact that he finished the Leafs game pretty much erases the possibility of a serious injury, and the fact he played the game at all eliminates concussion symptoms resulting from the multiple head shots against New Jersey. Like most of us here, I'm quite a pessimist, but I'm really beginning to think the nicks and dings of the final month were effecting Miller's play (exibit A: the Phaneuf goal that forced the boys to play catch up all night) and, in an attempt to quell some of the backlash that would have resulted from an Enroth egg and consequent loss to the NYR, Lindy titled the matter as an injury rather than a healing day.

Two wins this weekend effectively clinches a spot, especially if the one is in regulation with Carolina (I'm sick and tired of losing to that lousy bunch of ######.) The magic number is 8 points. Let's get it done, boys. Let's go Buffalo (and Islanders.)

Taro ur in NC right I got stuck with VS MSG Rangers feed but I will admit Sam was even calling it not like ###### does

Those Rangers announcers were more than fair last night. They had a little giddyup for the Rangers in the third, but they weren't unreasonable. In fact from what I read today, there were three more Rangers comments I thought spoke volumes about them.

1. Lundqvist saying Timmy flat out beat him with a "bomb".

2. Tortorella saying the no goal call was the right call.

3. Callahan saying the no goal call was the right call.

I tip my hat to the Rangers. That was good sportsmanship in the wake of a very difficult defeat.

Archived