Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

Vanek had mentioned something after the toronto game about Miller letting in a soft goal...which although it seemed harmless is a large jab when thats whats going on in the media...what is really being said in the locker room could be 5 fold of what is pushed out in the media

Thanks for clarification.

I don't really sense a divided locker room at all.

The number one cardinal sin in hockey is to undermine your goaltenders confidence.

If it happens it is almost never intended.

All goalies are mutant creatures from Galaxy 101-5795. Skaters accept this and their alien rituals, gods, and language.

They haven't played team D like they did the other night most of the season.

Forwards especially were all coming back hard. Diving to clear the zone at times. (esp. Pominville and Gerbe)

Although I think the backcheck has been strong for a few months, there was no way Ruff was anyone was going to let anyone get trapped deep and stay on the ice.

The test for Enroth will be how he plays from behind.

He played pretty well from behind in Montreal, down 2-0 in the game and 2-0 in the SO if my memory is working.

I hear you on that but Enroth from the games I have watched is solid and will give you a chance to win...this is a guy who let in 1 goal against the fully stacked (meaning with Crosby and Malkin) penguins back in December..I'm sorry that is impressive and maybe it is because the team feels more obligated to help him or maybe he is good or maybe a mix of both...people say he gives up rebounds, i really don't think so most of the rebounds he gives off come off him like a rocket and would be very difficult to capitalize on...he plays bigger in the net then his frame represents, he is better then miller at handling the puck behind the net, and he has a fast glove...this guy is and was suppose to replace Miller that is why he was drafted and I think the Sabres have a pretty solid track record on drafting goalies

The D and the keeper are in the same dance. That doesn't make Enroth's performances less impressive.

If I'm Washinton, Carolina... #1 ..I'm going to try to move Enroth post to post. And #2 if he's back in the crease I'm shooting blocker side.

Thanks for clarification.

I don't really sense a divided locker room at all.

The number one cardinal sin in hockey is to undermine your goaltenders confidence.

If it happens it is almost never intended.

All goalies are mutant creatures from Galaxy 101-5795. Skaters accept this and their alien rituals, gods, and language.

What is said in the Media and what is said in the Locker Room is two totally different monsters

I stand corrected Vanek's weak goal comment was based upon team play not directed at Miller ...I apologize

The fact is there is a reason that there is no open statement about why Miller is not playing... if it were an injury, concussion, broken collar bone the media would pounce on that very quickly and would have an answer and I don't think Lindy or Darcy would need to hide that information it does not help them to hide it...I don't think teams are saying because Enroth is playing it makes the game easier as he has only recorded 2 losses in regulation and both were by 1 goal...

The D and the keeper are in the same dance. That doesn't make Enroth's performances less impressive.

If I'm Washinton, Carolina... #1 ..I'm going to try to move Enroth post to post. And #2 if he's back in the crease I'm shooting blocker side.

I don't think it makes any less impressive either...his performance against NYR was beyond impressive and personally I don't know if we win that game with Miller in the net(and this is not to make everyone go crazy)

A few thoughts:

1. If Miller doesn't play this weekend, with his team in the middle of a life-or-death stretch drive, he's got a real injury.

2. The idea that Miller's injury is a fake concocted by the coaches to conceal a benching is idiotic.

3. If Miller is in fact injured, it's a huge stomach punch. The team of "fragile little children" suffered the same stomach punch 2 seasons ago and went to pieces. We'll find out whether they've gotten any tougher mentally. I suspect that they have, but the proof will be in the pudding, as they are facing a series of tough games.

4. It's also a huge opportunity for both Enroth -- and, if he plays well, for the Sabres. If Miller is out for, say, a couple of weeks and Enroth shines, he will be a hot commodity in the summer trade market -- an inexpensive rising star goalie. That's the kind of player that can be packaged for a legit top-line forward.

What is said in the Media and what is said in the Locker Room is two totally different monsters

I stand corrected Vanek's weak goal comment was based upon team play not directed at Miller ...I apologize

The fact is there is a reason that there is no open statement about why Miller is not playing... if it were an injury, concussion, broken collar bone the media would pounce on that very quickly and would have an answer and I don't think Lindy or Darcy would need to hide that information it does not help them to hide it...I don't think teams are saying because Enroth is playing it makes the game easier as he has only recorded 2 losses in regulation and both were by 1 goal...

Honestly, I don't think it is a concussion. I think Phaneuf's shot in Toronto re-aggravated an upper left shoulder problem Miller's been having. Shooters have been going after Miller high glove side for 6 weeks. He just can't snap it high. I don't think it's a secret.

A few thoughts:

1. If Miller doesn't play this weekend, with his team in the middle of a life-or-death stretch drive, he's got a real injury.

2. The idea that Miller's injury is a fake concocted by the coaches to conceal a benching is idiotic.

3. If Miller is in fact injured, it's a huge stomach punch. The team of "fragile little children" suffered the same stomach punch 2 seasons ago and went to pieces. We'll find out whether they've gotten any tougher mentally. I suspect that they have, but the proof will be in the pudding, as they are facing a series of tough games.

4. It's also a huge opportunity for both Enroth -- and, if he plays well, for the Sabres. If Miller is out for, say, a couple of weeks and Enroth shines, he will be a hot commodity in the summer trade market -- an inexpensive rising star goalie. That's the kind of player that can be packaged for a legit top-line forward.

Talk about idiotic...why would you trade a goalie who was drafted to be the next franchise goalie...so you would rather trade a rising star and then go out and get a free agent back up, thats how teams turn into the Islanders..put all your cards into one goalie and then don't look to the future...I am glad the Sabres had the mind to draft Enroth even though they had miller even if it cost a second round draft choice...thats what it takes to draft well and look ahead

room...maybe he is not the team player we all think he is

How many people think this? He seems pretty willing and able to throw all of his teammates under the bus with regularity. Steve Sheilds = team player, Marty Biron = team player, Ryan Miller = somewhere between them and Hasek.

Honestly, I don't think it is a concussion. I think Phaneuf's shot in Toronto re-aggravated an upper left shoulder problem Miller's been having. Shooters have been going after Miller high glove side for 6 weeks. He just can't snap it high. I don't think it's a secret.

I think if anything it is something minor too but the mystery around it is leading to rumors and that is a problem...Darcy and Lindy need to stop beating around the bush and just give it to us straight...i feel that this fan base can take the blow and will continue to enjoy the ride...

P.S. I think are playoff chances are just as good with Enroth

How many people think this? He seems pretty willing and able to throw all of his teammates under the bus with regularity. Steve Sheilds = team player, Marty Biron = team player, Ryan Miller = somewhere between them and Hasek.

Backups are usually team guys.

I'm thinking of the Sabre that gives the best gosh-darn hugs on the planet....begins with L.

I think if anything it is something minor too but the mystery around it is leading to rumors and that is a problem...Darcy and Lindy need to stop beating around the bush and just give it to us straight...i feel that this fan base can take the blow and will continue to enjoy the ride...

P.S. I think are playoff chances are just as good with Enroth

I hope so too.

...I am glad the Sabres had the mind to draft Enroth even though they had miller even if it cost a second round draft choice...thats what it takes to draft well and look ahead

The Sabres, and every other NHL team draft a goalie or two every year.

A few thoughts:

Wouldn't you want to keep your inexpensive rising star goalie?

Archived