Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

Those Rangers announcers were more than fair last night. They had a little giddyup for the Rangers in the third, but they weren't unreasonable. In fact from what I read today, there were three more Rangers comments I thought spoke volumes about them.

1. Lundqvist saying Timmy flat out beat him with a "bomb".

2. Tortorella saying the no goal call was the right call.

3. Callahan saying the no goal call was the right call.

I tip my hat to the Rangers. That was good sportsmanship in the wake of a very difficult defeat.

I though the Rangers announcers were great. Praised the Sabres all game long. Analyst...Joe B? talked a bit much but they were very giving in their praise of the Sabres. They both also agreed with the no goal call.

I though the Rangers announcers were great. Praised the Sabres all game long. Analyst...Joe B? talked a bit much but they were very giving in their praise of the Sabres. They both also agreed with the no goal call.

They're always a very entertaining broadcast.

Those Rangers announcers were more than fair last night. They had a little giddyup for the Rangers in the third, but they weren't unreasonable. In fact from what I read today, there were three more Rangers comments I thought spoke volumes about them.

I tip my hat to the Rangers. That was good sportsmanship in the wake of a very difficult defeat.

It was actually good to listen to the rangers feed. I thought we were going to be screwed forced with VS and than rangers announcers. Foreslund can never be unbiased when he calls games on VS it was great to hear a good broadcast crew much better that trying to synch up GR feed on my iphone with the DVR

Gotta give them credit.. even I thought the no goal call was BS!

What is this concussion nonsense and where is it stated??? Can we please change this......

Darcy and Lindy was asked if Miller took the concussion test and the reply was along the lines of, "no comment". The speculation started because those that reported Darcy's answer feel that if Miller didn't (or didn't need to) take that test Darcy would have just said "no" when asked.

No Miller on the ice at this mornings practice. Yikes.

I actually like the idea of splitting the duties of Enroth/Miller this weekend. I don't think Buffalo can afford to play wide open against the Caps. In my world, a lock down game like they played against NYR is in order for the Caps. If Miller is in there, they won't do it. I like the idea of selling out to win against Caps making the next night against Canes less meaningful. If the Sabre beat Caps and lose to Canes it's still a three point lead with four to play. If Canes lose on the Island (which I don't expect) even better. Bring Miller back for Canes with rest.

The Canes will run Cam both days. Not because they want to but because they have to. He should be reasonably tired having played four games in six days.

I actually like the idea of splitting the duties of Enroth/Miller this weekend. I don't think Buffalo can afford to play wide open against the Caps. In my world, a lock down game like they played against NYR is in order for the Caps. If Miller is in there, they won't do it. I like the idea of selling out to win against Caps making the next night against Canes less meaningful. If the Sabre beat Caps and lose to Canes it's still a three point lead with four to play. If Canes lose on the Island (which I don't expect) even better. Bring Miller back for Canes with rest.

The Canes will run Cam both days. Not because they want to but because they have to. He should be reasonably tired having played four games in six days.

I actually think they can skate with them if they want to

Wideman out. Greene out....

Caps D is suddenly thin...

Pairs:

Sloan,Erskine

Hannan,Schultz

Carlson, Alzner

My question is what is why are they keeping it so Hush Hush usually when a player has an injury they do not hide it...look at leopold it was stated right away hand injury...there is something going on if they are keeping this so quiet...perhaps some inter-locker room turmoil or something... Vaneks comments about Miller in the post game make for an interesting debate on Miller's ego in the locker room...maybe he is not the team player we all think he is

My question is what is why are they keeping it so Hush Hush usually when a player has an injury they do not hide it...look at leopold it was stated right away hand injury...there is something going on if they are keeping this so quiet...perhaps some inter-locker room turmoil or something... Vaneks comments about Miller in the post game make for an interesting debate on Miller's ego in the locker room...maybe he is not the team player we all think he is

Great, now people are going to demand that you be cast out of the message board. :death:

Why let Washingon know who they should prepare for?

What Vanek quote are you referring to?

He had yesterday off to do that. Somethings up.

Hopefully he's doing that tennis ball thing in the hallway while Ruff has him out of practice just to mess with the Crapitals' heads.

Eternally optimistic, I know.

Great, now people are going to demand that you be cast out of the message board. :death:

That's why I said it sparks a debate....personally you need to look at this as a team yes but also this is individuals... anyone who has worked in an office or anywhere naturally there are going to be people you are friends with and people you are not...I think that often people forget that these are individuals like anyone else and there is a bit of anger/jealousy that occurs when a co-worker sitting next to you makes double or triple what you make and is really no performing...and this is no jab at individual players but cohesion of a team is very important to performance on the ice and a good coach knows that and will adjust to produce that if necessary

That is very true I thought about that but as was mentioned before I think our defense plays better infront of Enroth...right now it is about defensive hockey and I think with Miller they take more chances, which is a double edge sword, and it has burned us in several games...if the defense would play like they do infront of Enroth for Miller then this team would have a much better record

Vanek had mentioned something after the toronto game about Miller letting in a soft goal...which although it seemed harmless is a large jab when thats whats going on in the media...what is really being said in the locker room could be 5 fold of what is pushed out in the media

That is very true I thought about that but as was mentioned before I think our defense plays better infront of Enroth...right now it is about defensive hockey and I think with Miller they take more chances, which is a double edge sword, and it has burned us in several games...if the defense would play like they do infront of Enroth for Miller then this team would have a much better record

They haven't played team D like they did the other night most of the season.

Forwards especially were all coming back hard. Diving to clear the zone at times. (esp. Pominville and Gerbe)

Although I think the backcheck has been strong for a few months, there was no way Ruff was anyone was going to let anyone get trapped deep and stay on the ice.

The test for Enroth will be how he plays from behind.

Vanek had mentioned something after the toronto game about Miller letting in a soft goal...which although it seemed harmless is a large jab when thats whats going on in the media...what is really being said in the locker room could be 5 fold of what is pushed out in the media

Oh come on. He said nothing of the sort.

They haven't played team D like they did the other night most of the season.

Forwards especially were all coming back hard. Diving to clear the zone at times. (esp. Pominville and Gerbe)

Although I think the backcheck has been strong for a few months, there was no way Ruff was anyone was going to let anyone get trapped deep and stay on the ice.

The test for Enroth will be how he plays from behind.

I hear you on that but Enroth from the games I have watched is solid and will give you a chance to win...this is a guy who let in 1 goal against the fully stacked (meaning with Crosby and Malkin) penguins back in December..I'm sorry that is impressive and maybe it is because the team feels more obligated to help him or maybe he is good or maybe a mix of both...people say he gives up rebounds, i really don't think so most of the rebounds he gives off come off him like a rocket and would be very difficult to capitalize on...he plays bigger in the net then his frame represents, he is better then miller at handling the puck behind the net, and he has a fast glove...this guy is and was suppose to replace Miller that is why he was drafted and I think the Sabres have a pretty solid track record on drafting goalies

Archived