Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

a rival sabres site is reporting that ryan miller has a concussion and is rumored to be out for the remainder of the regular season

- wgr reports he is out tonight with an upper body injury

- jpegula writes 'I confess...I knew that Ryan Miller was out & what for. I couldn't say anything though. It's Enroth time! wait..that doesn't work as well... ' http://twitter.com/JPegula#

hopefully it doesnt threaten his playoff status at all

always thought it was nuts to play with a mask. they make the helmets and cages so light now you cant tell me a goalie would notice the difference

i played goalie for a while when i was a kid and you couldnt have paid me to wear a mask. no matter how well you make the mask there is always going to be more shock to the head and a far greater chance of well THIS than a helmet when the puck hits it. you simply cant stop the mask from bending enough to inflict major force to the head like you can with a helmet and mask

always thought it was nuts to play with a mask. they make the helmets and cages so light now you cant tell me a goalie would notice the difference

i played goalie for a while when i was a kid and you couldnt have paid me to wear a mask. no matter how well you make the mask there is always going to be more shock to the head and a far greater chance of well THIS than a helmet when the puck hits it. you simply cant stop the mask from bending enough to inflict major force to the head like you can with a helmet and mask

Mask technology is greatly improved. Masks are scientifically designed to deflect pucks and the top level ones the pros wear are much safer than a standard player helmet. Player helmets can crack or flex since they're mostly made of plastic, whereas most top level masks are a kevlar or carbon fiber composite. Sure, old masks weren't very good, but now there is no better option.

There's videos around the internet of masks being tested. They literally fire hundreds of pucks at these helmets from varying angles and measure the shock induced. Goalie helmets are the best they've ever been and innovations in padding and design continue to make them better.

Well this season just keeps getting more and more interesting, even in the end stretch.

Could we possibily create anymore intrigue for the last 6 games?

The Sabres roster is starting to look alot like the Portland Pirates roster... :blink:

Let's hope these hungry AHL'ers come in with a vengence.

Is this from a hit to helmet last night ? I do not recall seeing one last night only the one the game before.

I did see that shot last night just under the chin almost in the adams apple and that was scary. I recall wondering why he did not have one of those plastic chin contraptions that hang below the mask.

The night Hasek came back, Miller pulled out the "bat the puck out of the air" trick. The next night he again channeled Dom and stormed off the ice. Now he has a phantom injury. Coincidence? I think not.

ph34r.gif

And he got into a verbal altercation with a reporter earlier this year.... :ph34r:

And he got into a verbal altercation with a reporter earlier this year.... :ph34r:

Oh snap someone got a piece of clothing he wore at the fashion show during the Timmy fracas and has put the Hasek vodoo curse on him. (picture here a uneven eyes gumby in a tux with hockey stick doll)

That's it they're officially toast ;)

The Sabres roster is starting to look alot like the Portland Pirates roster... :blink:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I was worried when he took that shot off the collar bone. Hope it's a concussion over a broken collar bone as those can hurt like a b1tch. Although since he finished the game I'd be shocked if it were broke.

I was afraid the same thing on that shot in the third...he was holding his shoulder.

Article's up: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-sabres-millerhurt

Without discussing the severity of the injury, general manager Darcy Regier provided the update shortly before the start of the game. Regier said there’s a possibility Miller could be back by the weekend...

Last year’s Vezina Trophy-winner was shaken up in the third period of a 4-3 loss at Toronto on Tuesday night, when he took a hard shot from Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf(notes). After gloving the puck to stop play, Miller was attended to by a Sabres trainer and was able to complete the game.

Regier would only say that Phaneuf’s shot “played a role” in the injury.

a rival sabres site is reporting that ryan miller has a concussion and is rumored to be out for the remainder of the regular season

- jpegula writes 'I confess...I knew that Ryan Miller was out & what for. I couldn't say anything though. It's Enroth time! wait..that doesn't work as well... ' http://twitter.com/JPegula#

What site?

If he got a concussion against the devils, he wouldn't have played against the leafs, and we'd know he'd be out by now. Hell, the GM is possibly ruling Crosby out till training camp in pittsburgh. If it were a concussion, we'd know about it already. If it were a broken collarbone, Miller wouldn't have finished that game last night. Dude is dinged up, he'd play if it were the playoffs, and it just sets the stage for this weekend's games. If he doesn't travel to washington, then i'll be concerned.

What site?

I also don't see that tweet in her timeline.

Archived