Leopold back on ice

inkman

I'd usually blame you first.....but this has Weave written all over it.

Waitaminute, waitaminute...... Doc sez I haven't been communicable in weeks.

Oh........ wait.... that other thing..... :unsure:

:oops:

WGR is calling Grags an emergency call up. ANd Mancari is "recalled" on an emergency basis today too so he can practice with the team while Grier rests and gets evaluated. Hamilton sez it'll be a day-to-day decision with emergency recall for Mancari.

It has to have something to do with Myers then. If he's ready to go, Gragnani has to be returned or converted to an actual callup.

It's from the new carpet. Since nobody is allowed to walk over 70% of it, all the bacteria and dirt is getting concentrated at 300% of the levels they were. When the nice lady vacuums, it sends the contaminated, microscopic particles flying into the air, allowing them a safer haven to lodge into some of our more elderly combatants.

Is anyone keeping an eye on Portland? Knowing Buffalo we'll likely have someone else go down before the playoffs (knock on wood this doesn't happen). Who would be our first call up? Grangani (sp?)

EDIT: Gragnani is already up, so these 2 players are the most likely next call ups if needed.

It would be a toss up between Brennan and Persson.

If you need a puck mover, Brennan's your man, if you need a stay at home type, Persson would most likely get the call.

Hamilton says Leopold will not need surgery.

Had a second opinion today. I assume he could have had surgery but that would have put him back later.

Ruff said it's a four week injury from the time it happened which was March 25th. That would mean he'd be back the week of April 18th. Late 1st round?

linky

Who ever is having a rough time... but probably Grags, although at this point I would consider Monty. Even Meyers could use a day off to rest and to lessen his turnovers.

Only 2 games left. Leopold won't be back until the playoffs have started and Myers doesn't sit in the playoffs. He's 20-21 years old. What does he need rest for?

Who ever is having a rough time... but probably Grags, although at this point I would consider Monty. Even Meyers could use a day off to rest and to lessen his turnovers.

I'm never one to be the spelling police. Read the majority of my posts and you'll see. However, I think it's Sabrespace law that you HAVE to spell Myers name right. The guy might turn out to be the best defenseman the Sabres have ever had and I'm not exagerating.

I'm never one to be the spelling police. Read the majority of my posts and you'll see. However, I think it's Sabrespace law that you HAVE to spell Myers name right. The guy might turn out to be the best defenseman the Sabres have ever had and I'm not exagerating.

He was talking about Oscar. But I think they would bring up Wardynski for that game.

• 2 weeks later...

Leopold is on the ice at practice this morning. Skating, shooting and puck handling. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Reason I responded to this :doh: This is good news! ha! I need out of work! haha

Sabres Edge reporting Pronger likely out for Game Two. I wouldn't mind them bein right... B-)

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

Interesting. So if Reggie and Leopold are both healthy by, say, game 3, is it:

Myers-Butler

Reggie-Weber

Leopold-Gragnani

??

It has to be said that neither Reggie nor Leopold will clear the crease or generally hit like Monty and Morrisonn. I'm not sure I want to subtract that much physicality in favor of that much finesse. Maybe Gragnani sits and Monty plays with Leopold?

Great news. The sooner he and/or Reggie get back, the sooner Monty and/or Morrisonn can sit.

Please get Monty out of the lineup. That was painful to watch last night -- the guy almost single-handedly lost the game taking multiple penalties.

Interesting. So if Reggie and Leopold are both healthy by, say, game 3, is it:

Myers-Butler

Reggie-Weber

Leopold-Gragnani

??

It has to be said that neither Reggie nor Leopold will clear the crease or generally hit like Monty and Morrisonn. I'm not sure I want to subtract that much physicality in favor of that much finesse. Maybe Gragnani sits and Monty plays with Leopold?

I love what I've seen from MAG, and I am not happy with what I saw from Montador last night, but that Leopold-Montador pairing worked all year and it would be a shame not to try it again.

Archived