GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Okay read the Buf Snooze articles and it seems like they understand now they are in deep shaught so far back 30 games in.

Maybe not mathematically speaking but this is a must win. They cannot afford to keep blowing it against the teams right above them. The part that got me is the change in tie breakers that total regualtion wins is first category tie breaker so SO wins do not count. Factor that into the Sabres record comapred to everyone we are chasing and you see they really are a sorry lot.

I am not sure I like them totally reshuffling the lines for such a critical game but hey I'm not a Jack Adams award winner either.

Okay B'lo the road to respectability needs to start tonight with a regulation win. Go Sabs

Okay read the Buf Snooze articles and it seems like they understand now they are in deep shaught so far back 30 games in.

Maybe not mathematically speaking but this is a must win. They cannot afford to keep blowing it against the teams right above them. The part that got me is the change in tie breakers that total regualtion wins is first category tie breaker so SO wins do not count. Factor that into the Sabres record comapred to everyone we are chasing and you see they really are a sorry lot.

I am not sure I like them totally reshuffling the lines for such a critical game but hey I'm not a Jack Adams award winner either.

Okay B'lo the road to respectability needs to start tonight with a regulation win. Go Sabs

How many times has one of us posted something real close to this over the last couple of weeks?

I'm pulling for them but I am not expecting a positive end result.

How many times has one of us posted something real close to this over the last couple of weeks?

Really it's been for the last four years. This is a team built in the same way by the same people since after the lockout. It worked nicely in the two seasons after the lockout in the "new" NHL, but those days are long gone and here we are four seasons later and this organization has refused to change both in management and "core" players to adapt. At this point I'm really not sure why anyone is surprised by what we're witnessing.

5 year old daughter's first game tonight - don't make me angry gents (after all, she was born during the Sabres loong win streak in '05 - you owe her one)

I took my son to his first game last year when he was almost five. The goal horn freaked him out and I had to watch the last two periods from Headlines (or whatever it's called now).

Really it's been for the last four years. This is a team built in the same way by the same people since after the lockout. It worked nicely in the two seasons after the lockout in the "new" NHL, but those days are long gone and here we are four seasons later and this organization has refused to change both in management and "core" players to adapt. At this point I'm really not sure why anyone is surprised by what we're witnessing.

I must disagree. This year's team has much less skill and much more size than the first 2 post-lockout teams. Roy-Max-Vanek was the THIRD line on those teams, and their opponents generally couldn't handle the Sabres' scoring depth. Now Roy-Vanek-XXX are the top line and some combination of Grier-Gaustad-McCormick-Kaleta-Niedermayer is the 3rd line, and most teams don't fear the Sabres' scoring depth.

The problems the Sabres are having are the direct result of poor decisions by management about which players to keep and which to let go.

Those are my feelings as well. We've been watching the same basic team for the previous 3 seasons and 1/3 of the way into a 4th. I'm not suprised that Sabres are scraping and clawing at the last playoff position at all. Last season was a bit of suprise. This season? Not so much.

They are putting in a decent effort most nights and have been entertaining so I keep watching and hoping. Oh Gawd.... I've been saying the same thing about the Bills this year too. :wallbash:

I took my son to his first game last year when he was almost five. The goal horn freaked him out and I had to watch the last two periods from Headlines (or whatever it's called now).

I hear that a lot about the horn. Too intense for kids, old people, girls, even some men! People run for their lives. One more thing to add to the wish list for Pegula: drop that damned horn. If there's no sound when the Sabres score, so be it.

This is the first year in a while that I'm more excited about the Sabres prospects than I am about the big club. To me that says a lot about the the product on the ice and the fact that I'm pretty well resigned to the future and have accepted that the present is no gift. It would be nice if they pulled out a win tonight but I'm sure it'll be more of the same against a tougher more talented squad. Go Sabres!

This is the first year in a while that I'm more excited about the Sabres prospects than I am about the big club. To me that says a lot about the the product on the ice and the fact that I'm pretty well resigned to the future and have accepted that the present is no gift. It would be nice if they pulled out a win tonight but I'm sure it'll be more of the same against a tougher more talented squad. Go Sabres!

Nice avitar.

I have nothing to say. Go Sabres.

Those are my feelings as well. We've been watching the same basic team for the previous 3 seasons and 1/3 of the way into a 4th. I'm not suprised that Sabres are scraping and clawing at the last playoff position at all. Last season was a bit of suprise. This season? Not so much.

They are putting in a decent effort most nights and have been entertaining so I keep watching and hoping. Oh Gawd.... I've been saying the same thing about the Bills this year too. :wallbash:

Last year, Miller was on the top of his game and stole a few games we would have lost otherwise. This year, Miller is nothing special.

Yeah I know and agree but I am not ready to become another teams fan yet so I suffer the Bflo fan lament.

They have 3 players returning from injury. I'm not so sure they have much choice other than to shuffle the lines a bit.

True that however my point was who said you had to bring all three back at the same time. Again though I am not the coach but maybe just maybe it would be better to only change one or possibly two moving parts at a time when the lines were not really playing bad they just were not capitalizing.

I hear that a lot about the horn. Too intense for kids, old people, girls, even some men! People run for their lives. One more thing to add to the wish list for Pegula: drop that damned horn. If there's no sound when the Sabres score, so be it.

What's the big deal? It doesn't go off all that often.

Yeah I know and agree but I am not ready to become another teams fan yet so I suffer the Bflo fan lament.

True that however my point was who said you had to bring all three back at the same time. Again though I am not the coach but maybe just maybe it would be better to only change one or possibly two moving parts at a time when the lines were not really playing bad they just were not capitalizing.

The roster limit pretty much says you have to bring them all back at the same time. They could have left one of Gerbe-Mancari-Adam in the lineup and only brought back two of the returning three players, but once Stafford and Connolly became healthy, two players (in this case Mancari-Adam) had to be cleared off the roster.

What's the big deal? It doesn't go off all that often.

:clapping:

Maybe the horn IS the problem. Next time your kid is doing his math homework and he gets an answer right, blow an air horn in his ear. It would tend to affect performance, I would think.

And that damned red light.

:clapping:

Maybe the horn IS the problem. Next time your kid is doing his math homework and he gets an answer right, blow an air horn in his ear. It would tend to affect performance, I would think.

And that damned red light.

See now I would do it if he got it wrong so that way he would need to be perfect to avoid getting an earful.

Last year, Miller was on the top of his game and stole a few games we would have lost otherwise. This year, Miller is nothing special.

I wouldn't say that Miller is nothing special. His stats may lead you to believe that but this year's D is the big problem. I think management underestimated the loss of Hank and Toni. Morrisson as been a complete bust and Myers has not been nearly as impressive as last year. Too many defensive breakdowns and giveaways. Don't get me wrong, he's not the vezina quality of last year but he's definetly above average.

I wouldn't say that Miller is nothing special. His stats may lead you to believe that but this year's D is the big problem. I think management underestimated the loss of Hank and Toni. Morrisson as been a complete bust and Myers has not been nearly as impressive as last year. Too many defensive breakdowns and giveaways. Don't get me wrong, he's not the vezina quality of last year but he's definetly above average.

and our O cant keep any pressure in the other end.

Archived