GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Actually I had a really good day yesterday. A much better days than the refs had to say the least.

What Connolly did is 100% obstruction, interference or whatever you want to call it. You are right, most refs wont call it. Which is why the game is slipping back to the pre-lockout days.

The point about "Refs just don't give unsportsmanlike penalties for nothing, especially that late in a close game." is completely ridiculous. I will guess Lucic did said something to cause the penalty. I am certain it happened after the imaginary boarding call that cost Bruins a goal, not the final two minutes of the game.

Lucic got his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at 18:22 of the 3rd period.

Last night was evenly officiated. There was a crappy hooking call that put a Sab in the box, too.

The Pens game was not evenly officiated. It wasn't even close. Few games involving The Bint are. I'm certain, though, that that is not the reason for the loss.

This is what DeLuca is talking about. The crappy hooking call was on Hecht, who had his stick up under the player's armpit. We all bemoan the loss of the new NHL, where these calls were automatic... until a call goes against Buffalo.

This is what DeLuca is talking about. The crappy hooking call was on Hecht, who had his stick up under the player's armpit. We all bemoan the loss of the new NHL, where these calls were automatic... until a call goes against Buffalo.

Yep. Rick poured on the homer a little thick there as well. Rick, it was a hook.

Yep. Rick poured on the homer a little thick there as well. Rick, it was a hook.

I didn't have the benefit of RJ's reaction, but from the other end of the rink (not the best view, admittedly), it looked like a cheaply-given penalty. If we're under 2006 rules, so be it, but the rest of the game wasn't officiated that way.

Lucic's unsportsmanlike was because he felt he was entitled to an interference call, didn't get it, and wouldn't relent with his complaints. According to the Boston articles that were linked on this site yesterday, he called an official a "joke," which will get someone two minutes no matter how much time is left in the game.

Lucic's unsportsmanlike was because he felt he was entitled to an interference call, didn't get it, and wouldn't relent with his complaints. According to the Boston articles that were linked on this site yesterday, he called an official a "joke," which will get someone two minutes no matter how much time is left in the game.

I was surprised he didn't get a 10 after all the whining he was still doing on his way to the box and then while in the box. I was in a bar with no volume and a little far away from the tv, but it definitely looked like there was some colorful language in his rant.

I narrowly escaped a fight with a Bruins fan over an unfortunate comment I should not have made at the end of the game.

From experience, the average Bruins fan makes Jack Edwards look like Einstein.

I'm sure DeLuca will beg to differ, since he thinks RJ needs to aspire to reach Edwards' intellectual level and brilliant analysis.

From experience, the average Bruins fan makes Jack Edwards look like Einstein.

I'm sure DeLuca will beg to differ, since he thinks RJ needs to aspire to reach Edwards' intellectual level and brilliant analysis.

And even most Bruin fans rag on Edwards for his stupidity. Have you ever seen the bingo card of Jack Edwards-isms? I still cringe every time he uses the word "reacharound" when calling a game.

Archived