GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

That's the beauty of them. They are simultaneously doing a radio broadcast so all they do is call the game. They don't waste time spewing a bunch of nonsense like other broadcasters. They use the intermissions to talk hockey.

You mean they haven't said anything about Crybaby and OV being on the price is right as guest hosts?

That's the beauty of them. They are simultaneously doing a radio broadcast so all they do is call the game. They don't waste time spewing a bunch of nonsense like other broadcasters. They use the intermissions to talk hockey.

They don;t take the radio audience into consideration at all. If they did they would say the score once in awhile. I do have to say I haven't laughed this hard in a while after reading "They don't waste time spewing a bunch of nonsense." That's all RJ and Harry do.

Anyone else tired of Pommer's schtick?(sarcasm intentional!) He seems to miss too many scoring opportunities for someone in his role, and he totally misplayed the angle on the Bruin's first goal, acting like he was trying to hustle to the puck!

They don;t take the radio audience into consideration at all. If they did they would say the score once in awhile. I do have to say I haven't laughed this hard in a while after reading "They don't waste time spewing a bunch of nonsense." That's all RJ and Harry do.

Are you kidding? Have you ever listened to another broadcast? All RJ does is call the play-by-play. He's a Hall of Famer. "Say the score once in a while? They do at breaks.

Anyone else tired of Pommer's schtick?(sarcasm intentional!) He seems to miss too many scoring opportunities for someone in his role, and he totally misplayed the angle on the Bruin's first goal, acting like he was trying to hustle to the puck!

Pommer is certainly grossly overpaid given his production or lack thereof.

http://nhlnumbers.com/players?position=Right&sort=&year=2011

At this point I would prefer Gerbe trying his @$$ off to do something good to what Timmy is doing right now. Pathetic.

+1, I also found myself cringing with him at the point on the PP and those stupid cross ice pass attempts just at the blue line. Why the hell are they bent on Timmay somehow maturing into a good smart player. This team looks totally out out of sync, no chemistry, d looks bad, Meyers can't handle the puck or seem to make a quick smart decision.

This team is hard to be a fan of. :wallbash: /rant

Are you kidding? Have you ever listened to another broadcast? All RJ does is call the play-by-play. He's a Hall of Famer. "Say the score once in a while? They do at breaks.

...and when you are driving and can only catch 10-15 minute snippets, you'd be surprised at how infrequent the breaks come. I've listened to an entire game, in and out of the car and heard the score less than 5 times.

I listen to other broadcasters as often as I can. Rick, Harry and Rib have become unbearable. They spend 2 1/2 hours trying to set up one-liners.

Archived