The Walking Dead

deluca67

Man, I gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen someone online give this show a good review. If ya'll hate it so much, why watch it?

I don't hate it, but I think the writers have given themselves a very real problem that if not corrected, will drive me to stop watching. The feeling of suspense and drama is dead because the main, mostly original cast, keeps escaping seemingly impossible odds. The heightened tension and fear for the characters I care about simply isn't there now. I'm giving the writers time to get it back, but I will bounce by the end of this season if it doesn't change.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Well some of the escapes have already jumped the shark for me, so I'm ready to add Glenn and Rick's current situations to that list.

I think Glenn could possibly get under the dumpster and/or he may be able to cover himself in walker guts to survive.

Called it! Both the show further jumping the shark and Glenn's dumpster escape.

Now, we'll see what happens with the town being overrun and the hitting the fan.  The main characters can't possibly all survive again?  Although, we'll likely get one hell of a cliff-hanger to tide us over until February if one or more is going to die.

What happened to the kid that was ready to off Carl?  I think he'll play a part (not sure good or bad) in the upcoming zombie town invasion.

I'm afraid something will happen to Carol if she goes back to save the staying upstairs kid. Ron will still do something to Carl, and then Enid will take out Ron. And Deanna will die, and Michonne will lay her plans on her or burn them, symbolically showing they can never have nice things again.

I honestly think it's Judith (along with others of the main cast).  Just from Carols comment to the boy before the end of the episode makes me think he's going to do something.  People are going to die but they always have that 1 OMFG thing that they do to drive the fans nuts and to make Rick go apeshit about everything.  Also the comment about how Judith looks like Lori is a small glimpse of foreshadowing her outcome.

Also felt the house in front of the camp was going down into the wall in the first 15 minutes of the episode since they kept showing it.

Edited by ROC Sabres

I really enjoyed the first few seasons.  Gone downhill since.

How was Terminus downhill?  Watching Rick go completely insane during that season resulted in my favorite season.  They are giving a lot of leeway for sure in keeping people alive but I don't think they are going the "lost" route and just string everyone along to make another season.  The characters all have good depth (main characters anyways) and they keep introducing new problems.  Sometimes it gets bland but they keep you interested for the most part.

I have been trying to get into this show. I just can't though. I watched the first two episodes and thought this is cool. But after forcing myself to watch the third episode all the way through I just put in a breaking bad DVD. I've tried to watch other episodes but always end up going back to breaking bad or saul.

How was Terminus downhill?  Watching Rick go completely insane during that season resulted in my favorite season.  They are giving a lot of leeway for sure in keeping people alive but I don't think they are going the "lost" route and just string everyone along to make another season.  The characters all have good depth (main characters anyways) and they keep introducing new problems.  Sometimes it gets bland but they keep you interested for the most part.

That and the first episode after being captured at Terminus was downright chilling.  That trough scene :sick:

The best part about that whole half season on the road though was the Carol-Tyreese "Of Mice and Men" episode.  That one was great.

Wow I didn't realize this is season 6 already.  I should have meant it use to be great (even as close as last season) but this season is doing absolutely nothing for me.  Terminus was excellent.  But this season, first the build up to the attack by another group and now the Glenn miracle save have been weak sauce IMO.  I've much preferred Fear the Walking Dead over Walking Dead this fall.

Wow I didn't realize this is season 6 already.  I should have meant it use to be great (even as close as last season) but this season is doing absolutely nothing for me.  Terminus was excellent.  But this season, first the build up to the attack by another group and now the Glenn miracle save have been weak sauce IMO.  I've much preferred Fear the Walking Dead over Walking Dead this fall.

Here's to the hope Sunday's mid-season finale will change many opinions of the current Walking Dead. It'd be great if two "original" characters were killed off. 

Here's to the hope Sunday's mid-season finale will change many opinions of the current Walking Dead. It'd be great if two "original" characters were killed off. 

Well she is a newer regular but I'm thinking the quasi-doctor chick. She adds nothing to the show. I'm still likin the show warts and all. I try to view this show thru my kid glasses. I don't expect too much realism. It is a show about Zombies after all. 

Ended w/ an oh crap situation for everyone. Not the type of conclusion needed for a midseason finale. Too many question marks. Now left wondering who is going to get out and who is finally zombie food. Problem is that was a question before the episode even started. 

Ended w/ an oh crap situation for everyone. Not the type of conclusion needed for a midseason finale. Too many question marks. Now left wondering who is going to get out and who is finally zombie food. Problem is that was a question before the episode even started.

One single assumed death in the whole episode. Obviously Deanna is gone, but we don't know exactly how. They started this season off so well in the first four or so episodes and then it all came to a screeching halt after the Glenn stuff. What a shame. Now the only purpose of this show seems to be to push that badlands show. I'm very annoyed with how AMC is shoving that down our throats.

It gets good when this show picks up in feb. Showed the preview and its basically an introduction to Negan. Darryl, abraham and sasha run into a gang of bikers working for this new evil dude from the comics. I'm psyched but it seems I'm one of the few around here who still likes the show. Better call Saul starts again feb.15 so there is that.   

It gets good when this show picks up in feb. Showed the preview and its basically an introduction to Negan. Darryl, abraham and sasha run into a gang of bikers working for this new evil dude from the comics. I'm psyched but it seems I'm one of the few around here who still likes the show. Better call Saul starts again feb.15 so there is that.   

Was there an actual preview or just what they were calling a two minute "prologue"?  It better get good in February because, unfortunately, it hasn't been for the last month.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.