The Walking Dead

deluca67

A reminder to all horror film fans that 'The Walking Dead' starts on AMC this Sunday. The graphic novel by Robert Kirkman is being brought to TV as a series by the director of the 'Shawshank Redemption'. Go to AMCTV.COM to view the trailer. If you like the old school zombie movies you should check this out.

I just started reading the graphic novel (ok it's a comic) a couple of weeks ago. I have read through volume eight and can't wait to pick up the next four. If AMC can replicate the feel of the comic this is going to be a huge hit.

If the show is half as scary as the performance of this year's edition of the Sabres -- it's going to be a monster of a show.

By the way, my wife was a zombie extra in George Romero's Land of the Dead a few years back. She even got a credit.

If the show is half as scary as the performance of this year's edition of the Sabres -- it's going to be a monster of a show.

By the way, my wife was a zombie extra in George Romero's Land of the Dead a few years back. She even got a credit.

That is fu*king awesome. Did she get to leave the set in makeup? That would be awesome. Going to dinner with a zombie. Sitting and ordering a rare steak, a really rare steak.

Do you have any pics to posts?

That is fu*king awesome. Did she get to leave the set in makeup? That would be awesome. Going to dinner with a zombie. Sitting and ordering a rare steak, a really rare steak.

Do you have any pics to posts?

They filmed in Toronto, and I stayed home in Virginia.

Here's a photo of her that I lifted off the internet. That's her on the right.

post-101-096993500 1288280934_thumb.jpg

I was a zombie extra in a low budget film once, and I drove home in full makeup. You should have seen the looks I got from other drivers, they must have thought I had just been in a horrible accident, lol.

Thanks for the heads-up about this show, it sounds cool. Frank Darabont is an awesome director. Too bad AMC is in SD and not HD. <_<

I was a zombie extra in a low budget film once, and I drove home in full makeup. You should have seen the looks I got from other drivers, they must have thought I had just been in a horrible accident, lol.

Thanks for the heads-up about this show, it sounds cool. Frank Darabont is an awesome director. Too bad AMC is in SD and not HD. <_<

I was out one Friday night a few years back at my favorite watering hole. It was a day or so before Halloween, so there were occasional customers coming in the door with costumes. After a while, I looked over at a nearby table and there were three guys sitting there; two were in street clothes, but the other guy had this really hideous-looking mask on. I continued to check out the guys mask, and then saw that he was drinking his beer without taking the mask off. Wow! I though, "This guy's got some really excellent zombie makeup on!" I walked past the table on the way to the john and then realized that the guys wasn't wearing makeup - he must have been in a bad fire, as one of his hands was scarred as well. I felt so bad thinking the guy was made up for Halloween, I bought a pitcher of beer for the table. Then I skulked out of the bar feeling hugely guilty......:(

That part is not in the books.

The crawling woman zombie looked amazing and what a way to start a series off with that first zombie kill! That got peoples attention I bet.

The best part of all this is that most zombie movies only have two hours to set everything up and draw a conclusion. This show has the potential to go for several seasons! Hours and hours worth of post-apocalyptic zombie madness. The sky is truly the limit for this. I need to set my DVR.

So this isn't a miniseries but potentially a couple year deal?

This is a weekly series. There are over 70 issues of the comic out and they barely touched the first couple in the first episode. This has the potential for a multi-year run. There is nothing like it on American television.

The first episode had just enough of those yell-at-the-TV moments. Why did the cop take such an apparently long walk to shoot the legless zombie (not a euphemism for ######), when he knew gunshots attract other walkers? Why didn't the zombies just rush the house where the black father was shooting?

I have a feeling I'll learn the characters' names.

The first episode had just enough of those yell-at-the-TV moments. Why did the cop take such an apparently long walk to shoot the legless zombie (not a euphemism for ######), when he knew gunshots attract other walkers? Why didn't the zombies just rush the house where the black father was shooting?

I have a feeling I'll learn the characters' names.

He shot the legless zombie because he felt bad for her. The zombies didn't rush the house because they are not the Usain Bolt zombies from 28 Days Later or Zombie Land. In the books they talk a lot about the zombie patterns of movement. I hope they hit that point in the series.

As far as the characters? If they stay close to the comic all I can say is don't get attached to anyone.

So I was a little late to last night's episode. Sat down with a big plate of ghoulash...

Seriously... yeah, I didn't like the second episode as much as the first. I'm still going to tune in next week, but I haven't gotten a handle on this series yet. The zombie mutilation scene was just hilarious, which is fine. Is this going to be a parody of zombie movies? The horse buffet scene at the end of the first episode was just disgusting and creepy and I'm sure Ghost hated it.

Then, when they climbed into the construction site, how incredible that the younger guy knows exactly where to look for the keys, reaches in among many keys and instantly finds the key to the truck that's sitting there, then inexplicably tosses the keys to Rick, who makes a perfect catch. I mean, no pressure, with the walkers about to maul you. It was a MacGruber moment.

But I guess the more they get me to yell at the TV, the more likely I am to tune in next week.

So I was a little late to last night's episode. Sat down with a big plate of ghoulash...

Seriously... yeah, I didn't like the second episode as much as the first. I'm still going to tune in next week, but I haven't gotten a handle on this series yet. The zombie mutilation scene was just hilarious, which is fine. Is this going to be a parody of zombie movies? The horse buffet scene at the end of the first episode was just disgusting and creepy and I'm sure Ghost hated it.

Then, when they climbed into the construction site, how incredible that the younger guy knows exactly where to look for the keys, reaches in among many keys and instantly finds the key to the truck that's sitting there, then inexplicably tosses the keys to Rick, who makes a perfect catch. I mean, no pressure, with the walkers about to maul you. It was a MacGruber moment.

But I guess the more they get me to yell at the TV, the more likely I am to tune in next week.

Zombies are walking the earth and that is the issue you have? :lol: How about a guy being left alone in a hospital for god knows how many days or weeks with no food or water and can still walk home moments after he wakes up.

Right now they are about introducing characters. They have yet to get into the meat of the story.

The ratings were really good. 5.3 million viewers for the first episode. They had 4.7 million last Sunday. Good enough for AMC to green-light a 13 episode 2nd season. I hope every sticks around to let the story develop and keep the show going.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.