The Walking Dead

deluca67

I'm up to date. Am I forgetting something about the respective wives?

The idea for celebrity walkers is great. It got me to thinking that the walkers don't get quite enough attention. They're almost there as extras, devices to move the plot along. There have been zombie movies where they move faster, even run at great speeds, or have somewhat human characteristics. I'd like to see the walkers evolve or become more interesting. This show needs some kind of refresh. It's so formulaic. Are we going to be watching this same stuff in three years? It needs to wind down. I say the walkers start to become more human again. Resolu-she-own.

They're dead, they can't evolve.  All they can do is slowly decompose.

The idea for celebrity walkers is great. It got me to thinking that the walkers don't get quite enough attention. They're almost there as extras, devices to move the plot along. There have been zombie movies where they move faster, even run at great speeds, or have somewhat human characteristics. I'd like to see the walkers evolve or become more interesting. This show needs some kind of refresh. It's so formulaic. Are we going to be watching this same stuff in three years? It needs to wind down. I say the walkers start to become more human again. Resolu-she-own.

Exactly. Unfortunately there's talk of the show being 12 seasons. Far too long. The story has become a bit repetitive. Change is needed. Walking Dead needs to follow Breaking Bad. Have a legit, consequence driven story. When things begin to flatten out, end it. As they say, all good things....

Edited by Thanes16

Zombies are environmental, they were never intended to be the focus of the story. People, be it in the comics or the show, are the focus and the true evil. If you looking for evolution look no further than Rick & Carol. You can also see it in other characters. If they continue to use the books as a compass we will all see the evolution of evil. 

Kirkman went on Conan once and said the reason they don't have zombie animals is because the comic artist doesn't like drawing animals... Which is a lame excuse for them not to be in the show. It would absolutely add a new dynamic and make it a little interesting. But then we'd all wonder why they never encountered them before.

This ultimate survivalist guy and he gets bit like that? Stupid Morgan.

This should've been a spoiler tag. I opened the thread out of habit and saw it. Knew within the first few minutes what you meant. Please, spoiler tags on anything related to new episodes. Once we're more than a few days to a week out whatever.

To add a spoiler:

[sp0iler]YOUR POST[/sp0iler]

Replace the zeros with o's.

Meanwhile...

That episode was terrible. I don't find Morgan very interesting and his origin wasn't all that interesting either. He was a knuckleheaded killer, then chose the worst time not to kill (which ended up killing somebody anyways). And I can see the next episode will also ignore everything we just saw a week ago. Oh well. Poo.

Once it has aired in the eastern time zone, it is no longer a spoiler.  If you don't want to read something from the newest episode, don't open the thread while it is airing or before you have watched it.  It's that simple.  It's not like twitter or facebook where things just pop up, you had to willingly click on the thread to read it.

And as for what I said, once that guy showed up, everyone in the world knows he's dying this episode.  We all know Morgan was off on his own.  And speaking of that guy, they really have been going all out on the red shirts this season.  That's the 3rd character they've introduced solely for the purpose of killing later in the episode.  I suppose the guy last week may have been shown earlier, but they gave him a bit of a backstory just at that moment.  That still leaves Nick Papagiorgio and Steve Carey as two well recognizable red shirts.

Shrader - that's the very definition of a spoiler. I promise you it's not that hard to add a spoiler tag for content from an episode that just aired (looking at the time stamp it looks like you may have actually posted it WHILE the episode aired).

I opened the thread out of habit because I was just engaged in a discussion here and didn't know there was an episode last night. I never remember which nights they air because I work nights and DVR them all.

Some courtesy, please.

I've heard a lot of complaints about this episode, but I liked it. It was nice to have a change of pace from the hair-on-fire action thats behind and ahead.

Airing it immediately after a cliff hanger ending to an episode is the real sticking point here, I think.  They went out of their way to build up a ton of question marks around Glenn's fate and then they aired this.  I think it would have been fine on it's own if it had aired at a different moment where the tension of the series was near its peak.

The shows obviously couldn't be any more different, but it reminds me of South Park's april fools joke in between the old "who is Cartman's dad" episodes.  Is there a new November Fools joke I'm not aware of?

And on another note, we have a thread dedicated to the discussion of a tv show, so posting about things that just aired on said tv show is completely fair game.  No one else here can be held accountable simply because someone didn't know the show was airing during it's usual weekly time slot.  I DVRed the Sabres game last night and guess which thread I didn't visit.

Glad to know the type of person you are, Shrader.

You want to turn this into a personal attack, that's fine.  You're a joke.  This thread is dedicated to the show.  It's not like it's a general movie thread and someone is going off about an advanced screening of Spectre.  If we can't talk about what happened during the show in this thread specifically about the Walking Dead, it has no purpose whatsoever.

You clicked in the damn thread on your own yet you want to blame me.  It blows my mind.

You want to turn this into a personal attack, that's fine.  You're a joke.  This thread is dedicated to the show.  It's not like it's a general movie thread and someone is going off about an advanced screening of Spectre.  If we can't talk about what happened during the show in this thread specifically about the Walking Dead, it has no purpose whatsoever.

You clicked in the damn thread on your own yet you want to blame me.  It blows my mind.

If you don't want to be spoiled, probably don't read through a thread about a TV show that you're not caught up on.

Nobody is saying you can't talk about it, though. That has literally never been said despite you saying it multiple times.

We had this discussion as a board a while back and agreed that spoiler tags should be applied if you're mentioning content from an episode that just aired.

As I said I had no clue there was an episode last night. I was having a discussion in the thread and checked it to see if anybody had something new to say. The very first post was a big spoiler for the episode.

It's a very simple thing that somebody is asking for you. I'm not asking you to move mountains. AT LEAST give it 24 hours. That's why the board has a spoiler tag.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.