Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Should be a great game today. If Van stays disciplined they'll take a 3-1 lead in the series. If not I'd like to see San Jose tie it up simply because I like to see both series go to 7 games to prolong the playoffs.

Yep 4-0 sj this ones over!!!! I can't see couver not taking the cup this year...2 d-men out and still rolling.....great depth

I keep saying it...that team is a machine. San Jose is a damn good team and the Canucks are making them look like they don't belong in juniors.

I listened to the Canucks game at work today and was not impressed to hear them get the first 5 penalties of the game. I was under the impression three of the five were pretty weak calls. And then the game turned when the Sharks went down 2 men 3 consecutive times. Unlike game 3 when the Canucks couldn't score on their two 5 on 3's and the Sharks did on their one 5 on 3, the Canucks obviously changed things up a bit today and had it work to perfection.

Still, the refs are not the show and somehow they need to start realizing that.

The Canucks need to finish of SJ on Tuesday night. They are clearly the better team when 5 on 5 and today proved it on the man advantage.

Here's hoping for a Vancouver win on Tuesday.

Didn't watch the game, and only saw the highlights, but am I reading the stats sheet right?

San Jose out-shot Vancouver (despite all of the power plays) by 35-13??

That's a pretty big disparity... Understand San Jose was probably playing desperate, trying to come back, so probably a bit misleading, but doesn't sound like a "dominant" Vancouver win... More like a good road win, where they took advantage of what came to them.

That sequence where the Nucks scored three straight times in 2 minutes on 3 straight 5-3 was a first for me. I'm pretty sure both the three straight and three goals were both firsts for me.

That sequence where the Nucks scored three straight times in 2 minutes on 3 straight 5-3 was a first for me. I'm pretty sure both the three straight and three goals were both firsts for me.

First 3 goal on 5-3 in NHL playoff history I believe I heard.

Didn't watch the game, and only saw the highlights, but am I reading the stats sheet right?

San Jose out-shot Vancouver (despite all of the power plays) by 35-13??

That's a pretty big disparity... Understand San Jose was probably playing desperate, trying to come back, so probably a bit misleading, but doesn't sound like a "dominant" Vancouver win... More like a good road win, where they took advantage of what came to them.

The Sharks had the first 5 powerplays of the game, the 5th ending just around the 3 minute mark of the 2nd period. Hard for Vancouver to generate much offense while shorthanded half the time up to that point. Then they scored 3 goals on 4 shots and it was game over. They just had to keep the Sharks at bay and they did.

The refs need to let the players play.

It's good to see Boychuck get injured. I'm still bitter after he chopped Vanek's legs last year in the playoffs. Yeah, I'm still bitter. You don't injure other people and not expect it to happen to you. Justice is served and what goes around comes around. I believe in Karma.

The Sharks had the first 5 powerplays of the game, the 5th ending just around the 3 minute mark of the 2nd period. Hard for Vancouver to generate much offense while shorthanded half the time up to that point. Then they scored 3 goals on 4 shots and it was game over. They just had to keep the Sharks at bay and they did.

The refs need to let the players play.

Can someone help me out here..the 4th penalty that lead to the last 5-3 was a delay of game, but it was an offensive zone penaly ..is there a specail rule when you are on PK for delay of game? Or maybe I just do not get the original rule..thoght it was only delay of game if you were in your defensive zone whn you shot the puck over he boards

With Rafalski and possibly Lidstrom retiring, we might Detroit's historic playoff streak come to an end. What am I kidding? They'll probably make it anyways.

Rafalski adds $6 million in space. If Lidstrom goes, that's another $6.2 million (if he comes back, I assume it'll be at the same rate). Detroit will be players in the free agent defenseman market.

Can someone help me out here..the 4th penalty that lead to the last 5-3 was a delay of game, but it was an offensive zone penaly ..is there a specail rule when you are on PK for delay of game? Or maybe I just do not get the original rule..thoght it was only delay of game if you were in your defensive zone whn you shot the puck over he boards

I believe the puck was dropped at centre and the dman was in his own zone, although barely, and shot it over the glass. It's only a penalty when the defensive team does it in their own zone.

Totally OT but funny. Obama's limo gets stuck:

You could play a fun game of Where's Waldo with the snipers on the various roofs. Actually, it reminds me of those Flash Stick Figure Sniper games*.

* Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggesting that the actions portrayed in those games would be appropriate in this situation, unless maybe you get to play the good guy sniper on the roof taking out any potential threats while the car gets unstuck.

You could play a fun game of Where's Waldo with the snipers on the various roofs. Actually, it reminds me of those Flash Stick Figure Sniper games*.

* Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggesting that the actions portrayed in those games would be appropriate in this situation, unless maybe you get to play the good guy sniper on the roof taking out any potential threats while the car gets unstuck.

Too late. DHS is already on to you.

*knock knock*

Archived