Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Luongo has been on his game. Stellar play despite the odd brainfart. Outshot by a wide margin the last 2 games. I don't think the remaining teams in the east can beat this team.

What a win, and was that not the strangest OT goal ever??

Luongo was huge tonight. The refs?? I can't see how the Canucks get 4 times more penalties than SJ? But they got a huge bounce, and one super ugly goal but they deserve it. Go Canucks Go and then it's the Sabres turn next year!

Rules question: how do they (don't know who "they" is) decide which player will serve the Too Many Men penalty?

Related: DeLuca (I think), you should spearhead the Rules Question threads again this offseason!

Anyone can serve it. I don't think u even need to be one on the ice at the time.

What a win, and was that not the strangest OT goal ever??

Luongo was huge tonight. The refs?? I can't see how the Canucks get 4 times more penalties than SJ? But they got a huge bounce, and one super ugly goal but they deserve it. Go Canucks Go and then it's the Sabres turn next year!

I still haven't seen it. I must have fallen asleep heading to the 2nd OT. I woke up and there was confetti and waves as Versus was saying goodnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJG2zBAHfOw

Marleau was the only Shark that realized where the puck went, as I believed he stopped the shoot in with a high stick along the boards (may have been the stanchion; hard to see), but I don't think that he realized (until it was too late) that nobody else did. Would have been an easy stop if Niemi had been looking the right way.

Sure, Van won, but that goal, it should've ended better. Seems cheap.

Ask yourself this. If the Sabres won the Stanley Cup with that exact same goal, would you care? Would you question it "ending better?" Would it be "cheap?"

It was a very strange goal, but Bieksa saw it and did just enough to put it home. Huge goal for the City of Vancouver and my beautiful province. Exactly 17 years to the day that Greg Adams scored in double OT to send the Leafs home and the Canucks to the Finals against NYR. Hopefully this year the results are different.

And then next year the SABRES win it all!

Ask yourself this. If the Sabres won the Stanley Cup with that exact same goal, would you care? Would you question it "ending better?"

It was a very strange goal, but Bieksa saw it and did just enough to put it home. Huge goal for the City of Vancouver and my beautiful province. Exactly 17 years to the day that Greg Adams scored in double OT to send the Leafs home and the Canucks to the Finals against NYR. Hopefully this year the results are different.

I'd be okay with winning the cup with an awarded goal. :thumbsup:

Can't fault Bieksa. He played it.

I'd be okay with winning the cup with an awarded goal. :thumbsup:

Can't fault Bieksa. He played it.

The puck hit the glass partition, bounced right to him and he did just enough. Biggest goal of his life and yet most likely the ugliest. But there are no style point for goals.

The puck hit the glass partition, bounced right to him and he did just enough. Biggest goal of his life and yet most likely the ugliest. But there are no style point for goals.

Nice series for Bieksa - that tops it off. I don't think the end diminishes Kesler's goal though....

I loved Kesler's goal. Unforgettable....

Nice series for Bieksa - that tops it off. I don't think the end diminishes Kesler's goal though....

I loved Kesler's goal. Unforgettable....

yes, Kesler's goal was huge. Especially after he clearly pulled something in the 2nd period. He must have gotten some good treatment because he was skating better in the OT periods. If that's a regular season game, he leaves in the 2nd period and doesn't return.

I'm just glad no player got injured on that stupid confetti! Seriously, not a well thought out plan.

yes, Kesler's goal was huge. Especially after he clearly pulled something in the 2nd period. He must have gotten some good treatment because he was skating better in the OT periods. If that's a regular season game, he leaves in the 2nd period and doesn't return.

I'm just glad no player got injured on that stupid confetti! Seriously, not a well thought out plan.

I actually woke up to see the confetti and thought the same thing. :lol:

Here you have these superstars with all the adrenaline of victory, and they have to walk on their skates like 4 year old kids to get off the ice. :lol:

Ask yourself this. If the Sabres won the Stanley Cup with that exact same goal, would you care? Would you question it "ending better?" Would it be "cheap?"

And then next year the SABRES win it all!

It actually reminds of an age old argument - Is the puck easy enough to follow for people watching on TV?

Sure, 42" flatpanels have made things easier over the years, but I guess when 8 out of 10 players, ON THE ICE, can miss a puck just cause it takes a funny bounce, then maybe the people complaining they couldn't follow the puck properly had a valid point? :thumbsup:

*edit

Guess that should actually read 9 of 11 players.

It actually reminds of an age old argument - Is the puck easy enough to follow for people watching on TV?

Sure, 42" flatpanels have made things easier over the years, but I guess when 8 out of 10 players, ON THE ICE, can miss a puck just cause it takes a funny bounce, then maybe the people complaining they couldn't follow the puck properly had a valid point? :thumbsup:

*edit

Guess that should actually read 9 of 11 players.

Players are reacting to a carom before it even hits the boards.

Funny how almost all the players were reacting to where the natural carom should have been....

Thornton had a separated shoulder.

Players are reacting to a carom before it even hits the boards.

Funny how almost all the players were reacting to where the natural carom should have been....

I know, I just thought it was such a weird play.

In a sense it's the same thing when the cameraman loses the puck. You expect the puck to react in a certain way, it's the only way to play any game this fast-paced. Reading the play.

It's much the same in tennis, when players have a split second to return a 120 mph serve.

They don't wait and look for where the ball is going either, if they do, all they have to do is look behind them.

Normally I don't link to other boards but this is getting linked through the bloggysphere..

First round draft preview with links to scouting reports, and video's.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=915727

scroll down a bit.

McNiell or Sheifele, the sabres need to draft 1 or the other and McNiell would be better. The worst would be to draft a defender this year. Hopefully the sabres are lucky and get one of these guys. If not Miller would be my last choice before forsaking centers and just drafting the best left. So excited for the combine and for the end of june.

ideally id rather trade up and get couturier... tear.

McNiell or Sheifele, the sabres need to draft 1 or the other and McNiell would be better. The worst would be to draft a defender this year. Hopefully the sabres are lucky and get one of these guys. If not Miller would be my last choice before forsaking centers and just drafting the best left. So excited for the combine and for the end of june.

ideally id rather trade up and get couturier... tear.

I'm not sold on either...don't see either as a top center.

....I'll be following Alexander Khokhlavchev at the combine

Russian Skills with OHL experience is intriguing.

He wouldn't be in Windsor if he didn't want an NHL career.

Maybe if Neimi made less money he would have seen it?

I'm not one of the get rid of the high priced goalie crowd but I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the plexi dividers that are currently in use around the league. It would be nice if a game could be decided without interference from stadium equipment.

I'm not one of the get rid of the high priced goalie crowd but I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the plexi dividers that are currently in use around the league. It would be nice if a game could be decided without interference from stadium equipment.

They had seamless glass but didn't like the injuries that resulted from its use. I'm sure they'd be open to any other suggestions you might have.

Archived