Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

You're going to bank your whole "Vancouver knows Buffalo doesn't know how to use big men" theory on two guys who spent about 30 seconds in the Buffalo organization? Two guys that spent their entire career up until that point in the western conference playing against Vancouver several times, but yeah, it's just a Buffalo thing.

You're going to bank your whole "Vancouver knows Buffalo doesn't know how to use big men" theory on two guys who spent about 30 seconds in the Buffalo organization? Two guys that spent their entire career up until that point in the western conference playing against Vancouver several times, but yeah, it's just a Buffalo thing.

30 seconds for Brian Campbell and a 2nd round pick.

Kudos again, Darcy!!! :worthy:

Let me sum up my position in response to the last two screens of posts, most of which were from Drane, who doesn't get it. At all. It's about matchups in the playoffs. Always has been and always will be. And the Sabres, IMO, would have taken the Craps. Drane, you want to talk about that hypothetical series, go ahead.

Your predictions from 2006 or whatever, well, nicely done. I'd like to see where they were made public.

Let me sum up my position in response to the last two screens of posts, most of which were from Drane, who doesn't get it. At all. It's about matchups in the playoffs. Always has been and always will be. And the Sabres, IMO, would have taken the Craps. Drane, you want to talk about that hypothetical series, go ahead.

Your predictions from 2006 or whatever, well, nicely done. I'd like to see where they were made public.

I don't put much stock in this at all. On LGS last year all the post season talk was about it being a poor matchup when we played Boston. Same excuse, different year. You say folks like Dwight don't get it. We think you don't get it. This team was fatally flawed, last year and this year. IMO every team in this conference would have taken us to 7 games. We didn't have the defense, we didn't have any centers, and our wingers no-showed for the most part. I don't care what the matchup is, that combo doesn't win a 7 game series.

I don't put much stock in this at all. On LGS last year all the post season talk was about it being a poor matchup when we played Boston. Same excuse, different year. You say folks like Dwight don't get it. We think you don't get it. This team was fatally flawed, last year and this year. IMO every team in this conference would have taken us to 7 games. We didn't have the defense, we didn't have any centers, and our wingers no-showed for the most part. I don't care what the matchup is, that combo doesn't win a 7 game series.

Every team in the conference would have taken the Sabres to 7 games, but the Sabres were fatally flawed? Inconsistent (why not a sweep, or 5 games or 6?).

Defense was okay; centers are a HUGE problem, and still, the Sabs would have beaten DC. It's very, very often about matchups in the playoffs. It's the reason why the Sabres beat Philly in 2006, and it's the reason why the Sabres beat Toronto in 1999, and it's the reason why the Sabres lost last year.

As for LGS, if I gave a f*ck about anything posted there, well, I'd join. I don't.

Every team in the conference would have taken the Sabres to 7 games, but the Sabres were fatally flawed? Inconsistent (why not a sweep, or 5 games or 6?).

Just pointing out that this team wasn't good enough to win. 7 games wasn't guaranteed.

Defense was okay; centers are a HUGE problem, and still, the Sabs would have beaten DC. It's very, very often about matchups in the playoffs. It's the reason why the Sabres beat Philly in 2006, and it's the reason why the Sabres beat Toronto in 1999, and it's the reason why the Sabres lost last year.

All I am willing to make a judgement on is actual results, win or loss. If you want to play "what if" don't expect everyone else to jump on and go for the ride. I saw a team lose and, frankly, not really be in 5 of those games. I see no reason to believe it would have been any different against a differnet team with alot of forward talent and mediocre goaltending.

As for LGS, if I gave a f*ck about anything posted there, well, I'd join. I don't.

#1. They're gone. It's why I'm here. #2. I've got no beef with you. Don't get all "that guy" with me.

Just pointing out that this team wasn't good enough to win. 7 games wasn't guaranteed.

All I am willing to make a judgement on is actual results, win or loss. If you want to play "what if" don't expect everyone else to jump on and go for the ride. I saw a team lose and, frankly, not really be in 5 of those games. I see no reason to believe it would have been any different against a differnet team with alot of forward talent and mediocre goaltending.

#1. They're gone. It's why I'm here. #2. I've got no beef with you. Don't get all "that guy" with me.

--They would have beaten DC. No question.

--Same.

--Don't start none, won't BE none...

--They would have beaten DC. No question.

:unsure:

I'm generally an optimist and I think that they might have beaten Washington, but I'm far from "no question" on it. I didn't see enough in the series, despite going to 7, to be that optimistic.

I'm tired of hearing about Kesler and the Sedins. Yeah, they're good, but I just don't see what all the hype is about. They're winning 6-2 at the moment but I've seen more exciting teams in my life. If the finals consists of Boston and Vancouver, I wouldn't know what to do with my self. I would like to see either San Jose or Tampa in the finals, but it's not gonna happen. :censored:

I'm tired of hearing about Kesler and the Sedins. Yeah, they're good, but I just don't see what all the hype is about. They're winning 6-2 at the moment but I've seen more exciting teams in my life. If the finals consists of Boston and Vancouver, I wouldn't know what to do with my self. I would like to see either San Jose or Tampa in the finals, but it's not gonna happen. :censored:

Let's see. They dominated the puck all night long. Sedin was drilled into the glass from behind, which was a clear 5 minute major, and he bounced up and continued to dominate.

The Canucks are by far the best team in the NHL. They can win slow, fast, low or high. They have absolutely dominated this series so far. Aside from SJ being 3 for 3 on the pp, that is it.

Their coach should be fined for putting that goon Eager on the ice. The Canucks could have ran it up even worse but played their 4th line on the pp in the 3rd.

How you can't like their game is beyond me. They are the fastest "team" in the league. Their defence can do it all. They play every style necessary.

This game could have easily been a double figure scoring night if not for Niemi. Hate away, but I'd hate to see either East team left win it all. The Canucks are the best team in the NHL. Bar none.

Go Sabres

Honestly after watching vancouver lay a massive beatdown on sj, I don't think it matters who comes out of the east .....I was in awe of the vancouver pp and their whole game basically. Watching those teams makes me realize how far away we really are : /

Let's see. They dominated the puck all night long. Sedin was drilled into the glass from behind, which was a clear 5 minute major, and he bounced up and continued to dominate.

The Canucks are by far the best team in the NHL. They can win slow, fast, low or high. They have absolutely dominated this series so far. Aside from SJ being 3 for 3 on the pp, that is it.

Their coach should be fined for putting that goon Eager on the ice. The Canucks could have ran it up even worse but played their 4th line on the pp in the 3rd.

How you can't like their game is beyond me. They are the fastest "team" in the league. Their defence can do it all. They play every style necessary.

This game could have easily been a double figure scoring night if not for Niemi. Hate away, but I'd hate to see either East team left win it all. The Canucks are the best team in the NHL. Bar none.

Go Sabres

Agreed. I just don't see San (no way) Jose putting together 4 wins in the next 5 games against Vancouver. This series is done and Vancouver is 6 wins away from the cup. I felt San Jose was ripped off for a 4 minute penalty on the high stick on Thornton so that cancels out what should have been a 5 minute call on the Sedin hit from behind. Good win by the Canucks and they just continue to look stronger by the game.

Honestly after watching vancouver lay a massive beatdown on sj, I don't think it matters who comes out of the east .....I was in awe of the vancouver pp and their whole game basically. Watching those teams makes me realize how far away we really are : /

I also agree with this.

The Canucks are by far the best team in the NHL. They can win slow, fast, low or high. They have asolutely dominated this series so far. Aside from SJ being 3 for 3 on the pp, that is it.

Go Sabres

I think it's just that I'm not too fond of their players. lol

The profile has no posts...you have to manually search for more.

My link

Be safe mixing booze and pain meds...

Holy smokes...the Sedins are just plain fun to watch. Those 8 rapid eight foot passes just turn bad matchups inside out. It's skill and comedy ala Harlem Globetrotters....or what ever the Swedish version of that is .....

The profile has no posts...you have to manually search for more.

My link

Be safe mixing booze and pain meds...

I don't know how this got back to 2007...

But Buffalo lost to Ottawa...outhit them...but took a billion minors...and was 0-for-May on the powerplay.

Lack of size, maybe....but it was the skilled players that didn't deliver in that series.. ....the ones that walked out 4 weeks later. That and Alfredson ate the Sabres lunch in that series...I don't know if a big guy stops Alfie back then.

30 seconds for Brian Campbell and a 2nd round pick.

Kudos again, Darcy!!! :worthy:

You mean the first round pick they used on Tyler Ennis? Anyway, I'm not sure what that has to do with your original point of Vancouver and large forwards.

Looks like Vancouver got their scare from Chicago and a little bit from Nashville. Now they are running on all cylinders. When the Canucks commit to playing an offensive style they can really dominate. Looks like our sister expansion team is very close to hoisting Lord Stanley and I for one will be extremely jealous/envious.

Archived