Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

He played last season with the Rangers and has spent six seasons in the NHL. Too young, RIP.

Link

O.K. lets start another thread dealing with the unfortunate death of mr. Boogaard. Then we can start another when we hear the cause of death. Or perhaps we can have all the posts moved from the around the league thread over here?

O.K. lets start another thread dealing with the unfortunate death of mr. Boogaard. Then we can start another when we hear the cause of death. Or perhaps we can have all the posts moved from the around the league thread over here?

Oh relax. It's the offseason, I don't see so many intriguing posts that you can't just skim over this one if you're not interested.

Edit: My bad for not seeing it in the Around the League thread. You can just delete this thread. Just trying to share info with the board and didn't recognize it was already being discussed. Sorry for getting you in a huff bunomatic.

What do you think this is Twobillsdrive? :nana:

Relax bud

Oh relax. It's the offseason, I don't see so many intriguing posts that you can't just skim over this one if you're not interested.

Edit: My bad for not seeing it in the Around the League thread. You can just delete this thread. Just trying to share info with the board and didn't recognize it was already being discussed. Sorry for getting you in a huff bunomatic.

I apologize Derrico. Its really none of my business. I suppose the old adage that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all applies.

Thomas is letting A TON of rebounds go.

This is the first time i've really closely watched a bruins game this post season, has this been going on the whole time or am i nuts?

I must say I'm surprised by Tampa. I remember playing them around the middle of the season and we came back from a couple goals down in the third to win. From that moment forth I never put much stock into what they were selling. Stevie Y is showing he's as good a manager as he was player.

I must say I'm surprised by Tampa. I remember playing them around the middle of the season and we came back from a couple goals down in the third to win. From that moment forth I never put much stock into what they were selling. Stevie Y is showing he's as good a manager as he was player.

Agree - full marks to Yzerman - but I am especially impressed with Guy Boucher. The Bolts are playing his system from top to bottom and the first game blowout of the Bruins was a thing of beauty!

Yes, B's miss Bergeron, but they were exposed for what they are in that game - slow, plodding and predictible. They devolved quickly at the end to their gooning ways, and if adjustments aren't made, this could be a short series.

If you saw Boucher's interview on VS after the game, he is really classy. He didn't take the bait to sink to the Bruin's level either during the game or afterward, leaving Downie on the bench and repecting the opponent in his comments. Impressive so far...

Curtis Glencross signs new contract with Calgary. They won't release the terms yet.

Funny how they don't release that. Probably because they are still negotiating with Tanguay.

Glencross is a nice player, 24 goals on the second line. But closer to a Danny Paille than a first liner IMO. I think 24g is the very high range on his potential.

Grabner re-ups with Islanders. 5 yrs 15 million. Nice job NY.

That's

1 million

2 million

3 million

4 million

5 million

in subsequent seasons.

Wonder if that helps set the market for Stafford. Same point output last season & similar goal total though in Stafford did it in less games. Though Stafford would be giving up unrestricted years.

Wonder if that helps set the market for Stafford. Same point output last season & similar goal total though in Stafford did it in less games. Though Stafford would be giving up unrestricted years.

I don't think it compares much myself....Stafford will get more than 3 per year.

Great. So average-at-best players now command $2.5 per.

When the salary cap will probably be ~$65MM and teams carry 23 players, yeah, average players end up at ~$2.5MM. (If not accounting for IR, etc, $2.826MM to be specific. ;))

6-5 final and Boston was lucky they aren't in OT now. The Bruins will not win this series.

PTR

The Bruins will be lucky to win another game. Tampa Bay is a hell of a lot better than I thought they were. To think they may end up with two cups before the Sabres get one.

The Bruins will be lucky to win another game. Tampa Bay is a hell of a lot better than I thought they were. To think they may end up with two cups before the Sabres get one.

Don't forget over the last 2 decades all the teams that were founded/transplanted after Buffalo who have one.

Anaheim, Carolina, Dallas, New jersey, Colorado, Calgary....Ottawa and Florida have been there....just waiting on a San Jose/ Atlanta final next year.

Archived