Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

This tampa game is pretty exciting, this may go to 7......which is good cause that means MORE HOCKEY!!!

If there's a series I want to go to seven, it's this one. I want them tired for the Finals against Vancouver.

I feel dirty rooting for Tampa, but they've been nothing but surprising. I'd rather see Boston/Vancouver Finals, but I could like with Tampa I guess. Go Rollie!

If there's a series I want to go to seven, it's this one. I want them tired for the Finals against Vancouver.

I feel dirty rooting for Tampa, but they've been nothing but surprising. I'd rather see Boston/Vancouver Finals, but I could like with Tampa I guess. Go Rollie!

Both teams beat vancouver during the reg season, I know that has no bearing on the playoffs and couver is playing ridiculous hockey. I just dislike boston, I have never been a bruins fan and could go either way on tampa. Its just annoying that bad market teams have a shot at a cup and we cannot put a run together with such loyal fans. But I digress, with the rest couver is getting I think they'll have the cup in 5

Both teams beat vancouver during the reg season, I know that has no bearing on the playoffs and couver is playing ridiculous hockey. I just dislike boston, I have never been a bruins fan and could go either way on tampa. Its just annoying that bad market teams have a shot at a cup and we cannot put a run together with such loyal fans. But I digress, with the rest couver is getting I think they'll have the cup in 5

I love that this is going 7...it makes for intense hockey w/o any serious rooting interest. :thumbsup:

The traditionalist in me wants to see Boston/Vancouver, but I like the way Tampa plays and think they would be a tough out for the Canucks. That would be a series that could go 7 games, too.

Weight made a derogatory comment about WTF is Pomminstein during the Carolina-Buffalo conference finals.

Weight got a boarding call in overtime, hitting Pominville from behind .....Brier scored the winner.

If I remember correctly...

Weight to reporters: Who is Jason Pominville?

to which Pominville replied...

"I'm surprised he couldn't read the back of my jersey"

Weight made a derogatory comment about WTF is Pomminstein during the Carolina-Buffalo conference finals.

Weight got a boarding call in overtime, hitting Pominville from behind .....Brier scored the winner.

If I remember correctly...

Weight to reporters: Who is Jason Pominville?

to which Pominville replied...

"I'm surprised he couldn't read the back of my jersey"

AHHH gotcha...didn't recall that at all...thanks! B-)

TampaBay @ Boston for game 7 tonight. I don't see the Lightning winning this one because the NHL doesn't want them to win; Gregory Campbell doesn't play for them.

I've thought about hockey being fixed alot before....I think the refs and goalies could be paid easiest, but hopefully im wrong......I want tampa to win tonight...I don't think they will as boston seems to be the better team, but I think it would make for a much faster paced finals if it was Tampa vs. Couver

I've thought about hockey being fixed alot before....I think the refs and goalies could be paid easiest, but hopefully im wrong......I want tampa to win tonight...I don't think they will as boston seems to be the better team, but I think it would make for a much faster paced finals if it was Tampa vs. Couver

No way you'd pull it off. You'd have to pay off multiple refs (as the same pair doesn't work the entire SC Finals), at least 1 goalie, and hope that you manage to not get enough crazy bounces against the other team to make it work. It wouldn't work trying to pay off a skater as they'd only be on the ice for 30 minutes / game tops.

If you're ONLY trying to buy a game 7, that's slightly more possible. But how much money are you going to give to a guy to get him to throw his dream of immortality when he's only 60 minutes away from it?

Basketball would be far easier to fix. (And it HAS been fixed before.) The main guys play close to 48 minutes and there are a lot more foul / missed shot opportunities to make it affect the outcome without looking like it.

Remember, if they catch you, you go to jail and lose the winnings as well, so you've got to be subtle.

I know it was a simple case of incompetance and not fraud, but I'm still wondering how the refs made some of the calls they did in the Steelers-Seahawks Superbowl. :wacko:

Archived