Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

I really like Guy Boucher...but.....sitting back in that 1-3-1 when Tampa was a goal behind going into the third is pretty much an admission that Tampa can't match Boston's lines.

I would agree with this, boston seems to have more depth especially now with bergeron back....Its just such a different series now compared to the first two games. Maybe its because boston just plays solid on the road or maybe the boston staff figured some things out that Tampa can't, but if tampa can't start gettin a little pressure soon then they aren't going to the finals, on another note how bout recchi and roloson...over 40 and still playin strong.....gives hope to those nearing a mid life crisis : )

I really like Guy Boucher...but.....sitting back in that 1-3-1 when Tampa was a goal behind going into the third is pretty much an admission that Tampa can't match Boston's lines.

They had scored 5 goals in both games prior to this last one.

They had scored 5 goals in both games prior to this last one.

fair point...

So why sit back in the 1-3-1 when behind?

And when they sit back, they really do, they line it up at their own blue line.

I just don't think they think they can match up defensively ..... especially with Marc-Andre Bergeron taking a regular shift on D.

That wasn't an elbow, and this game is absolutely boring....no offense at all

This. Nothing wrong with that hit at all. Bergeron even made the effort to keep his elbow down. Maybe it's just the refs that are more sensitive to these hits.

Still, this was nothing like Campbell vs Umberger. RJ got his clock cleaned and had no idea who or where he was. Krejci at least was on one knee and appeared to understand that he got run over by a minivan.

$$$$$

Im a 3rd year med student and we just had a mandatory lecture about px of schedule 2 and 3 drugs such as loritab and oxycodone....it really is about the $$$.....I see so many people addicted to the pills and many younger people that are physically addicted, its sad, there are a bunch of regulations in place now but I don't think well see the end of px drug abuse for a while.

Im a 3rd year med student and we just had a mandatory lecture about px of schedule 2 and 3 drugs such as loritab and oxycodone....it really is about the $$$.....I see so many people addicted to the pills and many younger people that are physically addicted, its sad, there are a bunch of regulations in place now but I don't think well see the end of px drug abuse for a while.

The true pushers will continue to deal prescription drugs with impunity while the gov't fights a failing war on drugs to the tune of about 40 billion dollars a year. Prohibition doesn't work and helps criminals get rich.

Not sure about you guys, but I hate to see games officiated like tonight's nucks/sharks game. Way, way too many penalties.

As for the boarding major. How both refs don't have arms up immediately is beyond me. The Shark player come from the middle of the ice, and literally turns his own back on Rome as he pastes his face into the glass. Rome was looking for the puck the whole time, didn't turn at all and that is a sick hit.

But the calls tonight make me squirm. Nobody wants to see 10 minors called. That was a terrible game because of the refs tonight. There were calls obviously that had to be made, but come on. It reminded me of game 2 Sabres/Flyers. Awful. Fans don't pay to see that come playoff time.

Not sure about you guys, but I hate to see games officiated like tonight's nucks/sharks game. Way, way too many penalties.

As for the boarding major. How both refs don't have arms up immediately is beyond me. The Shark player come from the middle of the ice, and literally turns his own back on Rome as he pastes his face into the glass. Rome was looking for the puck the whole time, didn't turn at all and that is a sick hit.

But the calls tonight make me squirm. Nobody wants to see 10 minors called. That was a terrible game because of the refs tonight. There were calls obviously that had to be made, but come on. It reminded me of game 2 Sabres/Flyers. Awful. Fans don't pay to see that come playoff time.

Ray Ferarro said it right after the game. If you take 10 minor penalties its on you not the officials. The sharks did look better than the first 2 games. At times they just outworked the canucks and that led to penalty trouble for vancouver but the canucks still win this series IMO.

There are more people in my town who abuse pills on a daily basis than there are people who smoke marijuana on a daily basis, yet every few weeks somebody is busted with pot and maybe once or twice a year they'll bust a kid selling pills.

The real crime is they want to start doing roadside checks for pot smokers and bust them for impairment when so many drivers are driving impaired on prescription drugs. Oddly enough I just watched a show on alcohol prohibition and they actually had compassion clubs ( just like with pot prohibition ) where people with a note from their doctor could get the spirits for what ailed them. History is repeating itself. Different drug, same results. Or as my oriental friend says " Cat,dog, all same beef."

GO SABRES!

Ray Ferarro said it right after the game. If you take 10 minor penalties its on you not the officials. The sharks did look better than the first 2 games. At times they just outworked the canucks and that led to penalty trouble for vancouver but the canucks still win this series IMO.

It's the type of calls being made. It's the playoffs. Don't call ticky tack stuff. Call penalties where scoring chance are taken away. Both ways.

It's the type of calls being made. It's the playoffs. Don't call ticky tack stuff. Call penalties where scoring chance are taken away. Both ways.

I listened to the same thing during the game from the canuck announcers. Why is it when its the opposition taking the 'ticky tack' penalties and its the canucks capitalizing you never hear a peep out of the canuck fans. Oh ya ,thats right. Because without the ability to be impartial every call against is a bad call. You still have to call the hooking or tripping or holding which there was plenty of. You still have to call the dangerous hits. How do you define 'ticky tack' and where do you draw the line?

I listened to the same thing during the game from the canuck announcers. Why is it when its the opposition taking the 'ticky tack' penalties and its the canucks capitalizing you never hear a peep out of the canuck fans. Oh ya ,thats right. Because without the ability to be impartial every call against is a bad call. You still have to call the hooking or tripping or holding which there was plenty of. You still have to call the dangerous hits. How do you define 'ticky tack' and where do you draw the line?

I think i am in the minority but they should call the games he same way they do in the regular season. This is one reason we see more manor penalties. Players know they can get away with more, they are just uncertain where the line will be drawn from game to game and period to period.

Agree.

Anyone still want to make a Vanek-like offer for him as an RFA?

Yes - right here. What do you have to lose (besides money)? It would certainly make the splash that Pegula is here to win. This is just a bad game for Stamkos, but his team has picked him up.

I like to think I cursed the Bruins - I didn't turn this game on until the start of the second period. What was once a 3-0 Boston lead is now a 3-3 tie.

Yes - right here. What do you have to lose (besides money)? It would certainly make the splash that Pegula is here to win. This is just a bad game for Stamkos, but his team has picked him up.

I like to think I cursed the Bruins - I didn't turn this game on until the start of the second period. What was once a 3-0 Boston lead is now a 3-3 tie.

The Bruins just seem allergic to 3-0 leads, don't they :thumbsup:

Archived