[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

How many times will Bills fans fall into the same trap? Fitzpatrick will be a decent guy to have for this year and next season while the #1 overall QB gets his feet wet in the NFL. The Bills need a answer at QB not a another stop gap.

Disagree. I'd keep Fitz as long as he keeps fighting and producing. This defense is probably the worst ever, top to bottom I've seen in years across the NFL. I'd start with both the Safety positions IMO, but then again; where do you start? :blink:

Disagree. I'd keep Fitz as long as he keeps fighting and producing. This defense is probably the worst ever, top to bottom I've seen in years across the NFL. I'd start with both the Safety positions IMO, but then again; where do you start? :blink:

Who knew that the ire of the Bills fans would shift from the O to the D. There isn't a single player on the team who you'd even be willing to franchise right now. I'm convinced you could get 50+ new players next year and they could play as well as these guys are playing right now.

Fortunately, they have 10 more starts to evaluate Fitz before the draft. If he puts up 30+ points and 300+ yards in most games, then they may have to reconsider. However, as some of mentioned, it will depend on who's available in this year's draft. If there isn't a top QB prospect available, but there is a star-caliber defensive player, then it may be the better choice. There's a lot that can happen between then and now.

Fortunately, they have 10 more starts to evaluate Fitz before the draft. If he puts up 30+ points and 300+ yards in most games, then they may have to reconsider. However, as some of mentioned, it will depend on who's available in this year's draft. If there isn't a top QB prospect available, but there is a star-caliber defensive player, then it may be the better choice. There's a lot that can happen between then and now.

I remember reading that statistically, high-pick offensive and defensive lineman have the best odds of having long, successful NFL careers. Since the Bills need both, pick up a few of those this year, maybe more next year, *then* start looking for the more risky (QB) and short-term (RB, WR) players once you have a decent core.

I remember reading that statistically, high-pick offensive and defensive lineman have the best odds of having long, successful NFL careers. Since the Bills need both, pick up a few of those this year, maybe more next year, *then* start looking for the more risky (QB) and short-term (RB, WR) players once you have a decent core.

Not if Andrew Luck is available. QBs like him do not come around every year. I might even say the same about Ryan Mallett, but I'd be on the fence there, depending on the linemen available.

Don't worry, the real fitz will show up soon. I like his moxy, but the guy is just too inaccurate to be a quality starter at this level. He is the perfect back up, and I have no problem keeping him around for that purpose, but we have a chance to do something special with the first pick in the draft, a pick we haven't had in what, 26 years?

Mike Williams called, he says you are wrong. They are lower risk, but not without risk. The problem with your plan is you are building an 8 and 8 team that won't get the chance to draft a elite quarterback prospect again. Unless Michael J. Fox shows up in his DeLorean and takes us back to 1983.

Not if Andrew Luck is available. QBs like him do not come around every year. I might even say the same about Ryan Mallett, but I'd be on the fence there, depending on the linemen available.

Luck is the only one - the Bills are desperately in need of luck. Luck will bring us luck. He had better come out...

I think we need a DB from Ohio State....

Horse Pucky, a QB that has played well in the NFL is just as much of a potential star as some kid who hasn't. Let's draft the next Ryan Leaf when we have a QB here that has already played well? No thanks! Did you see the Bills pass rush yesterday? No? Neither did I. This team needs defense and they just might already have the QB they need

For every Ryan Leaf there is a Maybin, McCargo or Whitner!

Fitzpatrick is a decent journeyman QB. He is not a elite QB. He is not a QB that will turn this franchise around. If your goal is to be .500 every season than maybe Fitzpatrick is your man. If the goal is the Super Bowl than Fitzpatrick's value is on the bench coaching along a young QB with talent.

That said. I am not a QB at all costs with #1 pick. If the right QB is there then you take him. If Luck and Mallett stay in school the Bills should use the pick on another position and draft Luck or Mallett with the #1 overall pick next season.

For every Ryan Leaf there is a Maybin, McCargo or Whitner!

Fitzpatrick is a decent journeyman QB. He is not a elite QB. He is not a QB that will turn this franchise around. If your goal is to be .500 every season than maybe Fitzpatrick is your man. If the goal is the Super Bowl than Fitzpatrick's value is on the bench coaching along a young QB with talent.

That said. I am not a QB at all costs with #1 pick. If the right QB is there then you take him. If Luck and Mallett stay in school the Bills should use the pick on another position and draft Luck or Mallett with the #1 overall pick next season.

Celebrate the first sign of the apocalypse. DeLuca and I are in agreement on everything above. So here's the deal (on the celebration of the first sign of the apolcalyse): If Luck stays in school, and if the Bills get him in the 2012 draft, it is free drinx on me, at my favorite joint on Allen Street. With a $500 limit (TOTAL, not per person), because I can't get too nuts with this, and I fear that Ink really could drink close to half of that on his own. Oh, and you have to reveal your SabreSpace identity. (That includes DeLuca.)

Fitzpatrick has the second most passing yards in the league. He may be a legitimate Pro Bowl QB if he keeps this up.

It would be a great story if he did and I would be really happy to watch some decent QB play for the rest of the season. He seems like a decent guy and would be a great teacher for a younger QB. I want that young franchise QB. Without him the Bills are going nowhere.

It would be a great story if he did and I would be really happy to watch some decent QB play for the rest of the season. He seems like a decent guy and would be a great teacher for a younger QB. I want that young franchise QB. Without him the Bills are going nowhere.

A franchise QB? And who would that be? Love how people like you act like there is a formula to follow and all the players turn out the way you expect them to. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha oh man you cannot script this stuff. Too good.

I would have scripted it with the Bills getting back into field goal range only to miss it again with no time left. Somehow, a tie seems like it would have been even worse, especially if it ended up making them miss out on the #1 pick by that one point.

A franchise QB? And who would that be? Love how people like you act like there is a formula to follow and all the players turn out the way you expect them to. :rolleyes:

To answer your question I'll take Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallett as my young franchise QB. Is it guaranteed? No. We saw today again what we get with Fitzpatrick. He's a average and inconsistent quarterback. You don't build your franchise around a QB like that. Fitzpatrick is a constant, you know what you get. Luck and Mallett are variables which can turn out extremely well for the Bills. Again, no guarantees. Just a better chance.

Archived