[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Eating some Buffalo Bills Brownie Blitz. Hoping I don't choke.

In Bills news, the Bills look to have their best weekend of the season as they won't be playing.

You won't choke on it. You'll wonder why it tastes like vanilla. You'll also realize that there are almost no brownies in it; but there are marshmallows though.

It was the most fun I've had watching a game in years.

It was the perfect game for the 2010 Bills. It was entertaining, the offense produced a lot, they had a comeback to force overtime, and then they lost. A good game, but didn't adversely affect their draft position. :thumbsup:

By the way, did anyone catch the stat that Fitzpatrick has the highest quarterback ranking in the NFL since week 15 of last year?! It was just five starts for him (though, today actually increased his rating), but still! It doesn't seem right and I'm not going to check all the other starters, but he did have 101 rating over those five starts and is now over 102 for the last six. For reference, Peyton Manning leads the NFL this season with a 103.4 rating in six starts; Fitzpatrick is #2.

I got to see one play. CBS out here cut to the game when the Miami-Pittsburgh game they were showing ended. Then they had to switch over for the start of the Pats game. But hey, at least that one play was the 4th down conversion to keep that game tying drive alive deep in our own zone.

So anyone think that Fitzpatrick might be sufficient at the QB spot? Not sure if I do but I am interested in your opinions.

I am not sure what to think about him. He is one of those guys that constantly scares you, because he tries to fit the ball into such a tight window. He does get picked off a lot, but I think if they made some signifigant strides in updating the O-Line, he could be good enough to start every week.

Their real problem lies in the defense. They could cut every last player on the defense and it wouldn't bother me.

So anyone think that Fitzpatrick might be sufficient at the QB spot? Not sure if I do but I am interested in your opinions.

I've been on the Fitzpatrick bandwagon since last season partially because I think he's a smart guy, and partially because I love making Trent Edwards supporters angry. Fitz has definitely played well enough to start although I think it'd take him playing a full season for me to put my real support in him.

I like his guts and willingness to let his receivers make the big plays. That alone makes him a thousand times better than Trent. And his football smarts make him the scholar's Losman.

If he can develop more accuracy in his passes he has a chance though.

Not sure if I'm there yet, but I'm a lot closer than I thought I would be last year. With a bad offensive line and a less-than-stellar receiver corp, he's put up a lot of points and good numbers. His weaknesses are more about consistency than about ability. He'll make a lot of good, tough throws, then float one over the receiver for an easy pick. If he can find more consistency with the full-time position this year, he might become a good NHL QB, rather than a designated back-up. At the very least, he would a fine backup/starter next year (assuming they can re-sign him) if they draft a young QB, who may or may not be ready to take the job in game 1.

Not sure if I'm there yet, but I'm a lot closer than I thought I would be last year. With a bad offensive line and a less-than-stellar receiver corp, he's put up a lot of points and good numbers. His weaknesses are more about consistency than about ability. He'll make a lot of good, tough throws, then float one over the receiver for an easy pick. If he can find more consistency with the full-time position this year, he might become a good NHL QB, rather than a designated back-up. At the very least, he would a fine backup/starter next year (assuming they can re-sign him) if they draft a young QB, who may or may not be ready to take the job in game 1.

I know a power play he could quarterback!

I still can't believe they pasted 34 points on the Ravens, in Baltimore. My opinion of Baltimore has sunk. Baltimore's vaunted D stunk up the field allowing the Bills 500 yards of offense. CJ Spiller blew the game. That fumble was sadly weak and a real mo killer. Now Stevie Wonder I truly like.

So they said Ralph was in Michigan watching the game. I wonder if he was even awake?

By the way, I'm loving the RZC. No better way to watch football on Sunday especially when your favorite team is in the number 1 draft pick derby.

It was the perfect game for the 2010 Bills. It was entertaining, the offense produced a lot, they had a comeback to force overtime, and then they lost. A good game, but didn't adversely affect their draft position. :thumbsup:

By the way, did anyone catch the stat that Fitzpatrick has the highest quarterback ranking in the NFL since week 15 of last year?! It was just five starts for him (though, today actually increased his rating), but still! It doesn't seem right and I'm not going to check all the other starters, but he did have 101 rating over those five starts and is now over 102 for the last six. For reference, Peyton Manning leads the NFL this season with a 103.4 rating in six starts; Fitzpatrick is #2.

And with so many holes to fill why should they take a chance on drafting a qb when you can take a chance on a guy that's proven it already in NFL? This team needs a pass rusher or some other defensive player. Go with Fitz at QB and draft defense!

And with so many holes to fill why should they take a chance on drafting a qb when you can take a chance on a guy that's proven it already in NFL? This team needs a pass rusher or some other defensive player. Go with Fitz at QB and draft defense!

How many times will Bills fans fall into the same trap? Fitzpatrick will be a decent guy to have for this year and next season while the #1 overall QB gets his feet wet in the NFL. The Bills need a answer at QB not a another stop gap.

How many times will Bills fans fall into the same trap? Fitzpatrick will be a decent guy to have for this year and next season while the #1 overall QB gets his feet wet in the NFL. The Bills need a answer at QB not a another stop gap.

You are right, but if Luck and Mallett choose to stay in school, well, I don't want the BIlls wasting a pick on another freaking loser. I don't want any QB in the first round--much less the first pick--than those two.

Horse Pucky, a QB that has played well in the NFL is just as much of a potential star as some kid who hasn't. Let's draft the next Ryan Leaf when we have a QB here that has already played well? No thanks! Did you see the Bills pass rush yesterday? No? Neither did I. This team needs defense and they just might already have the QB they need

Archived