[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

There is no denying they won big and Steve Johnson was big.

I'm pretty sure I've been a Bills fan longer than you have been alive.

I'll look you up after the next real football team they play. Combined record of Buffalo, Cincinnati and Detroit is 6-24. Hardly a bellweather of anything.

And the 3 teams we lost to by a combined total of 9 points have a record of 20-10. Based on the way the year started I don't think anybody expected they'd be playing the way they are.

Even more so than when Bledsoe, Moulds and Price went off?

Wasn't that a decade ago?... Seems like eons. I'm not going to get into an argument over which Bills team was more mediocre. All I know is that of late, football has been really enjoyable to watch. It's a nice change.

And the 3 teams we lost to by a combined total of 9 points have a record of 20-10. Based on the way the year started I don't think anybody expected they'd be playing the way they are.

I hear yah, I do. What you can clearly say about these Bills, is they continue to fight.

Wasn't that a decade ago?... Seems like eons. I'm not going to get into an argument over which Bills team was more mediocre. All I know is that of late, football has been really enjoyable to watch. It's a nice change.

Is it really a change? Didn't they score 40+ on KC not so long ago. I don't think this team is anymore "enjoyable" than it is a team with zero expectations.

I hear yah, I do. What you can clearly say about these Bills, is they continue to fight.

40 more points and they beat last years offensive output. They've already thrown more TD's than any Bills team since '04. Sorry, in a year when we expected NOTHING, I'm actually looking forward to next year more than I have in quite a while.

Well that was fun!

Sure was. I'm glad that I had a ton of stuff to do around the house--otherwise I would have given up and wouldn't have seen the comeback!

As for the talk about draft position, etc., I still think this team will pick somewhere in the top 2 or 3. And the teams ahead of the Bills won't take a QB, unless Dallas somehow ends up in there.

Sure was. I'm glad that I had a ton of stuff to do around the house--otherwise I would have given up and wouldn't have seen the comeback!

As for the talk about draft position, etc., I still think this team will pick somewhere in the top 2 or 3. And the teams ahead of the Bills won't take a QB, unless Dallas somehow ends up in there.

I bet Dallas would be more interested in Mallet.

And I'm guessing by SDS's post that junior got banned, but I will say this. If saying I find this team boring, so I find other things to do on sundays makes me a whiner, then so be it.

And I'm guessing by SDS's post that junior got banned, but I will say this. If saying I find this team boring, so I find other things to do on sundays makes me a whiner, then so be it.

You can't win.

To not watch is an act of whining, to watch is an act of masochism.

At least today and last week was fun.

It does not make you a whiner. I don't know how many Sundays over the last five years that I've chosen to do other things, but there's a lot of them. Today, I just happened to have in-home work to do; otherwise, I would have been doing things away from the TV. Nothing whiny about that at all; it's just a question of how one chooses to invest one's time. For me, I invest it in a hockey team. I like the sport better to begin with, and the team happens to be better.

NFL football just isn't that exciting, and hasn't been for a long time. If the Bills are doing well, hell, yeah, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll watch more interesting sports, like archery or Scrabble. Or, a game like today happens, and I'm watching because I'm home, and HELL YEAH.

It does not make you a whiner. I don't know how many Sundays over the last five years that I've chosen to do other things, but there's a lot of them. Today, I just happened to have in-home work to do; otherwise, I would have been doing things away from the TV. Nothing whiny about that at all; it's just a question of how one chooses to invest one's time. For me, I invest it in a hockey team. I like the sport better to begin with, and the team happens to be better.

NFL football just isn't that exciting, and hasn't been for a long time. If the Bills are doing well, hell, yeah, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll watch more interesting sports, like archery or Scrabble. Or, a game like today happens, and I'm watching because I'm home, and HELL YEAH.

And I have to deal with all the idiots out here. If you run into the typical South Boston thugs while wearing Bills stuff, things get ugly quickly. It's just not worth the hassle, combined with the 45 minute train ride I have to take to get to the Bills bar out here. I'll go again when they have their charity week, but that'll be it for me this season.

Archived