STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

Thanks for setting me straight on that one. While I don't like what Pronger has done in the SCFs with regards to taking the game pucks and getting under the Hawks' skins, I also did not to wrongly attribute something else to him like that.

So, here's one for PA. Seabrook gets a penalty for closing his hand on the puck, then throwing it. But he was standing in the crease. Couldn't a penalty shot have been called?

My question exactly.

Define "from the ice in the goal crease area."

Penalty Shot - If a defending player, except a goalkeeper, while play

is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or

gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease

area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall

be awarded to the non-offending team.

My question exactly.

Define "from the ice in the goal crease area."

Penalty Shot - If a defending player, except a goalkeeper, while play

is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or

gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease

area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall

be awarded to the non-offending team.

From that wording I would say that the right call was made, but if a penalty shot was called I would have a hard time arguing against it. I really need to embrace the NHL rulebook. Fighting it just gets me angry.

From that wording I would say that the right call was made, but if a penalty shot was called I would have a hard time arguing against it. I really need to embrace the NHL rulebook. Fighting it just gets me angry.

Embrace this. :thumbsup:

Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the

puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to

the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to

gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall

be assessed for “closing his hand on the puck”.

The thought of all those finals series with Dallas and NJ in them just makes me cringe after watching this one. This is really fun hockey to watch.

What's worse -- that the NHL had to suffer those finals or that Lindy still thinks that's the way the NHL still is?

All the big errors made last nights game into what it was i thought. It was filled with mistakes from both teams and lots of defensive lapses. Although, i'd have to suspect that the speed of the game was a major cause of all the errors. Those guys were flying down there. I would have to think the Hawks will end it in Game 6. I hope it goes 7 because i enjoyed it and going 7 would be great for the league but i think the Hawks now feel they see the light at the end of the tunnel and know they are going for the kill.

It definitely seems like a classic "home team wins each game" series.

Good response by Chicago. Now they need to finish it off on Wednesday.

After winning 7 road games in a row, I have a hard time believing that Chicago will lose 3 in a row on the road.

After winning 7 road games in a row, I have a hard time believing that Chicago will lose 3 in a row on the road.

I hear ya, but Philly has proved series in, series out that they should not be underestimated.

This may be the first series to go 4-3 where all home teams won.

I'm rooting for the Hawks, but I would not at all be surprised to see the Flyers win it all. The fact that I'm rooting for the Hawks is probably the kiss of death for them.

I would dearly love to see two more crunching hits on Pronger.

Both teams came to play tonight. This should be a good one...unless Pronger keeps up his act and sits in the box all night.

Fine by me if Pronger continues to be Pronger and actually gets called on it.

Weird ending--CBC didn't know of the goal for about 5 seconds--but cool. I wish there had been more shots of Phlyer fans crying. The stunned look on Pronger's face was priceless.

Patrick Kane, of course, FTW.

Weird ending--CBC didn't know of the goal for about 5 seconds--but cool. I wish there had been more shots of Phlyer fans crying. The stunned look on Pronger's face was priceless.

Patrick Kane, of course, FTW.

The Series and this playoff season deserved a better ending. That was way too awkward.

I wouldn't be too down on Flyer fans, I've watched my team lose a Finals game six in OT. What would really be priceless is Prongers face right above a Sabres jersey. It's no accident that he has been on three Finals teams in five years. Two of the three being lower seeds.

I also hope Kane has hired a driver for after his celebration tonight. Would hate to see any cabbies placed in unnecessary danger.

Archived