STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

The Series and this playoff season deserved a better ending. That was way too awkward.

I wouldn't be too down on Flyer fans, I've watched my team lose a Finals game six in OT. What would really be priceless is Prongers face right above a Sabres jersey. It's no accident that he has been on three Finals teams in five years. Two of the three being lower seeds.

I also hope Kane has hired a driver for after his celebration tonight. Would hate to see any cabbies placed in unnecessary danger.

It did deserve a better ending, but it was a goal. It's still cool.

Pronger picks and chooses where he plays, so yeah, he's been on three finals teams in five years.

That can't be possible. Big free agent contracts never have the desired results. At least that is what Regier says.

Of course, you had to follow up a solid post with this BS, which has nothing to do with the finals. (Ask the last two teams how many times Hossa kissed the Cup for them.) Can't you keep on topic for one night?

Nice rebuttal.

Happy for Pat Kane, Soupy and the rest of the Blackhawks! Keep in the original six if its not the Sabres.

Imagine having a line up like that. All that youth with some solid role players.

Quick who can name the 6 Chicago D-Men.

I'm sorry but the Flyers fans sticking around just to boo the awarding of the trophy. What a bunch of losers

Naw, man. You gotta get it right. They're the Floppers, or, as I like to call them, the Broad Street Beavers.

As for the Floppers fans booing the awarding of the Cup to the Blackhawks, you won't get an argument from me that they're a bunch of losers.

Sudden death always seems to end like that. It seems rare that a made-for-TV goal wins a game.

Love the Chrisy Pronger poster. I was in Chicago yesterday and everyone was talking about it.

You mean it's over? No more hockey?

Now we turn our sights to the 7-win Bills...

Sudden death always seems to end like that. It seems rare that a made-for-TV goal wins a game.

Love the Chrisy Pronger poster. I was in Chicago yesterday and everyone was talking about it.

We need a "sleepy" emoticon. (Pssssst! SDS, are you reading this?)

Nice rebuttal.

Happy for Pat Kane, Soupy and the rest of the Blackhawks! Keep in the original six if its not the Sabres.

Imagine having a line up like that. All that youth with some solid role players.

Quick who can name the 6 Chicago D-Men.

Without looking...Campbell, Keith, Sopel, Hjalmarrson (sp?), Seabrook...

EDIT: Had to look at the roster to get Boynton.

thanks for ruining my day

On all of the Chicago feeds - all Kane kept talking about was his buds from Buffalo. He even had them all talk to the reporters and give their names. He was like a kid in the candy shop - very cool!!

he did the same thing when maclean got him for cbc just a few minutes after the goal was confirmed as good - anyone recall what maclean called kane just before kane went on and on about buffalo - something like the "fort erie dangler"? classic.

I'm sorry but the Flyers fans sticking around just to boo the awarding of the trophy. What a bunch of losers

Nah, they were booing Bettman. I heard plenty of cheering for the arrival of the Cup and for the Hawks' skates with it. The "terrible" fans of Philly put Buffalo fans circa June 1999 to shame.

It did deserve a better ending, but it was a goal. It's still cool.

Pronger picks and chooses where he plays, so yeah, he's been on three finals teams in five years.

Of course, you had to follow up a solid post with this BS, which has nothing to do with the finals. (Ask the last two teams how many times Hossa kissed the Cup for them.) Can't you keep on topic for one night?

He doesn't pick and choose better than Scotty though! I wonder if he might not want to "retire" to San Jose next season. Winters in the East have to be getting tough on the guy.

Nah, they were booing Bettman. I heard plenty of cheering for the arrival of the Cup and for the Hawks' skates with it. The "terrible" fans of Philly put Buffalo fans circa June 1999 to shame.

they really didn't. both groups of fans were admirable.

And in all honesty, there were a lot more fans in buffalo that stayed to watch the other team skate the cup around til the end. A lot more.

7? does that include preason and scrimmages?

I see that you're optimistic. I like that.

they really didn't. both groups of fans were admirable.

And in all honesty, there were a lot more fans in buffalo that stayed to watch the other team skate the cup around til the end. A lot more.

I'll try to hunt down some video, but I seem to remember a pretty thin crowd in Buffalo for the Cup skate. And it looked like most stayed last night.

I am actually heart-broken to learn today that Pat Foley, the great, longtime pbp guy for the Hawks, didn't get to call The Moment last night. He's the TV voice, and the radio guy took over for the final two rounds. Makes no sense at all. The Hawks should have pushed for Foley to do at least the clinching game. And if the radio guy had any class, he would have stepped aside. He's been there for only a few years. Imagine Pete Weber calling a Cup victory in 97 while RJ picked his nose. Scandalous.

I'll try to hunt down some video, but I seem to remember a pretty thin crowd in Buffalo for the Cup skate. And it looked like most stayed last night.

i watched last night and was there in 1999. philly made a stronger showing in support of the cup, IMO.

not for nothing, but our game 6 loss at home came a lot later in the evening.

It's not clear to me who said it.

must have been a reporter - first i heard the guy say "you gonna tip anyone tonight?" after kane introduced his famous cousin, buth i don't think kane heard that crack. then i heard "no cab rides tonight", at which point kane said "no more questions after that."

Archived