STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

Pronger did it after the first game as well. He skates over and takes the game puck so the hawks can't have it. It's a cheap gesture on his part as these pucks are important to the goalie who gets credited with the win as well as the team for sentimental reasons. The commentators on C.B.C. were talking about it after the game and showed clips of him doing it after game 1.

Pronger did it after the first game as well. He skates over and takes the game puck so the hawks can't have it. It's a cheap gesture on his part as these pucks are important to the goalie who gets credited with the win as well as the team for sentimental reasons. The commentators on C.B.C. were talking about it after the game and showed clips of him doing it after game 1.

Regardless if the Hawks win or lose the series, I hope every one of those Hawks does not shake his hand because of his unsportsmanlike conduct. Jacka$$!

I was admittedly conflicted before the series started. I wasn't exactly sure whom I would root for. I was actually contemplating rooting for the Flyers cause of the East vs West thing. And that bothered me. Could I actually root for the Flyers? I admit, I love the makeup of their team. Their nasty swagger is appealing. When the series actually started, I found myself rooting for the Hawks. After the first two, it's now clear, I'm not capable of rooting for the Flyers. Go Hawks...

NBC's sound is terrible.

No kidding. The arena noise completely drowned out the announcers (if it wasn't for Emrick doing the game, I would have been 100% OK with that). One would've thought NBC would be able to recognize that and fix it by the first intermission.

I was admittedly conflicted before the series started. I wasn't exactly sure whom I would root for. I was actually contemplating rooting for the Flyers cause of the East vs West thing. And that bothered me. Could I actually root for the Flyers? I admit, I love the makeup of their team. Their nasty swagger is appealing. When the series actually started, I found myself rooting for the Hawks. After the first two, it's now clear, I'm not capable of rooting for the Flyers. Go Hawks...

+1

The only Sabre that could crack the Philly top six is Vanek.

I think Philly would be a better team with Ruff as coach.

I'm still chuckling over this.

They may be a better team with Ruff, but they wouldn't win as many games.

No kidding. The arena noise completely drowned out the announcers (if it wasn't for Emrick doing the game, I would have been 100% OK with that). One would've thought NBC would be able to recognize that and fix it by the first intermission.

The roar after the second period was louder than any goal celebration at HSBC Arena last season.

It wasn't that--which is a cheap gesture. He fired something into a bunch of Blackhawks players who were standing in the corner after the game. Turns out it was a "rally towel" that had been thrown to the ice by a fan. Seriously, the ref should have let Eager have at him. You don't shoot things at your opponents.

The roar after the second period was louder than any goal celebration at HSBC Arena last season.

Decibel levels for game 2.

Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss: 90 - 95dB

Pain begins: 125dB

Loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection: 140dB

Loudest sound possible: 194dB

Most of the game @ 100-103db. Loudest was after national Anthem 122db. That's sick.

http://video.nhl.com...atid=0&id=71306

Video of Pronger getting pucks.

Conversation with reporter:

What happened?

“I couldn’t hear him, I don’t speak gibberish,” said Pronger, who picked up a misconduct penalty at the very end and got into it with Eager.

“He’s been picking up pucks after the game and I just told him he can keep it,” Eager said minutes earlier, before Pronger spoke.

Where’s the puck, Pronger was asked.

“It’s in the garbage,” Pronger replied. “Where it belongs.”

You shot a towel at Eager when he complained?

“So what,” Pronger replied.

You’re collecting pucks now?

“Why not? What’s wrong? It’s sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It’s sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?”

Are you gonna sell it on eBay?

“I don’t know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn’t it? It’s too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds.”

linkage

Conversation with reporter:

What happened?

“I couldn’t hear him, I don’t speak gibberish,” said Pronger, who picked up a misconduct penalty at the very end and got into it with Eager.

“He’s been picking up pucks after the game and I just told him he can keep it,” Eager said minutes earlier, before Pronger spoke.

Where’s the puck, Pronger was asked.

“It’s in the garbage,” Pronger replied. “Where it belongs.”

You shot a towel at Eager when he complained?

“So what,” Pronger replied.

You’re collecting pucks now?

“Why not? What’s wrong? It’s sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It’s sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?”

Are you gonna sell it on eBay?

“I don’t know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn’t it? It’s too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds.”

linkage

Seems to me that Pronger is the one who is more upset, maybe even embarrassed.

Ratings are REEEAALLLY good.

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/breaking-nbc-draws-4-1-overnight-for-game-2/

The NHL On NBC coverage of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final drew a 4.1/7 overnight rating on Monday night, up 15% from last year’s Sunday night broadcast between Detroit and Pittsburgh, which drew a 3.5/6.

The fans shouldn't be throwing anything on the ice, especially since it looked like the first one went out before the final buzzer. Either way, if Pronger gets a penalty there, Eager probably should too because what the ###### is he thinking coming over towards Pronger while the rest of his team is celebrating. Completely unnecessary from both players.

Not sure I can pull for the Flyers now, to make Darcy look bad, not after watching Pronger and Carcillo at work.

Eh, who cares. Either way, the Cup is coming back to Buffalo on an "in your face" tour. Kane-Scotty-Soupy or Danny. Yep, good old Scotty falls into another Cup! Guy picks his spots with the best of them, that's for sure. Since cutting his teeth in St. Lous, it's been Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Chicago. The timing is always exquisite.

The fans shouldn't be throwing anything on the ice, especially since it looked like the first one went out before the final buzzer. Either way, if Pronger gets a penalty there, Eager probably should too because what the ###### is he thinking coming over towards Pronger while the rest of his team is celebrating. Completely unnecessary from both players.

I think each got a 10-min.

Archived