STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

Lets see how the Flyers fare against a team with some offensive firepower, after facing teams in the first 3 rounds who were all in the bottom 1/3 of the league in terms of goals scored during the regular season.

Blackhawks in 5.

I love this Philly team and wish that Buffalo half resembled them. Those plays by Richards in the 1st period last night were just AWESOME. When he pushed his way through the zone, it was like he was swatting a fly off his arm. Then, minutes later he gets the 1st goal off of pure effort. I hope Briere gets the Cup.

2010 STANLEY CUP FINAL

Saturday, May 29 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Monday, May 31 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Wednesday, June 2 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Friday, June 4 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Sunday, June 6 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

*Wednesday, June 9 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

*Friday, June 11 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Hawks in 6.

Has everyone forgotten about the Curse of Hossa? Maybe the third time will be the charm.

I am going with the Blackhawks in 5. Too much firepower and I think it is time for Leighton to turn into a pumpkin.

Has everyone forgotten about the Curse of Hossa? Maybe the third time will be the charm.

It's the only reason I think Philly has a chance.

I am going with the Blackhawks in 5. Too much firepower and I think it is time for Leighton to turn into a pumpkin.

Just like Halak turned into one during the ECF.

Pronger is the wild card in this. There will be a game where he plays almost 40 minutes. Philly can score. Chicago is fun to watch and also can score. I think it's going to be a closer series than many think.

Not taking anything away from Chicago, but Philly had to win two games against the Rangers just to get in. Then they dispatched Marty in Five. Came back from 0-3 to beat Boston including a game seven on the road where they trailed by 3 after 10 minutes. Shut out Montreal in three of four games and made Halak look ordinary after looking super human the two series before. Philly won two series with their backup goal tender too.

Both these teams are cranking now.. I still can't beleive that the Hawks took out the Sharks in four. Bet Kane wakes up every day and thanks his lucky stars that he didn't get drafted by Buffalo or traded to them.

I think this has the potential to be an eight game series where game seven goes to triple overtime before the home team wins.

Chicago in 7

Yup, and that's eight games at a level he should not be capable of sustaining. He'll come back down to earth in this series.

Well, except that one loss to Montreal. Still, 5 of those 8 games were against one team. He's flying high over Montreal, but that just might be it.

2010 STANLEY CUP FINAL

Saturday, May 29 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Monday, May 31 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Wednesday, June 2 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Friday, June 4 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Sunday, June 6 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

*Wednesday, June 9 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

*Friday, June 11 at Chicago, 8 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS

Hawks in 6.

Awesome! I love games that start at eight. The sun is way to high in the sky at seven for me to get comfortable in front of the tv

Prediction? Well....Hawks in four

Well, except that one loss to Montreal. Still, 5 of those 8 games were against one team. He's flying high over Montreal, but that just might be it.

He was 17-9-2 in the regular season before he got hurt. That's pretty darn good. Here's the real reson Philly struggled this season-

Goalies

NO. NAME AGE HT WT SHOT BORN * BIRTHDATE

30 Johan Backlund 28 6-2 198 L Skelleftea, Sweden 7/24/81

33 Brian Boucher 33 6-2 198 L Woonsocket, RI 1/2/77

35 Sebastien Caron 29 6-1 170 L Amqui, Quebec 6/25/80

35 Jeremy Duchesne 23 6-0 218 L Silver Spring, MD 10/17/86

29 Ray Emery 27 6-2 203 L Hamilton, Ontario 9/28/82

49 Michael Leighton 29 6-3 186 L Petrolia, Ontario 5/19/81

That's a lot of goalies to go through, and it wasn't by choice.

Chicago breaks out the brooms.

Typical Sabre fan, brings a broom to a hammer fight. I say that knowing that Philly is going to make this series as physical as possible. I think a lot is going to depend on how close it is called and how good Philly's PK is. If Philly can play physical and not end up in a parade tot he penalty box they will have a parade down Broad Street. Philly in Six at home. I see the Hawks like the Pens two seasons ago. They will win a Cup just not this one.

Typical Sabre fan, brings a broom to a hammer fight. I say that knowing that Philly is going to make this series as physical as possible. I think a lot is going to depend on how close it is called and how good Philly's PK is. If Philly can play physical and not end up in a parade tot he penalty box they will have a parade down Broad Street. Philly in Six at home. I see the Hawks like the Pens two seasons ago. They will win a Cup just not this one.

I might agree if Philly were playing SJ, but Chicago can play just as physical as Philly. They have plenty of size and toughness at every position.

Chicago in 5.

I assume you like Briere for the Conn Smythe?

This series,sadly,will come down to officiating.The flyers will dump and chase and try to punish the hawks D.The hawks will try to gain an edge with speed and skill.If the refs let em play I see the flyers winning the cup.If the refs decide to protect the league darlings,the hawks will take it.It'll be interesting to see how much the refs let pronger get away with on buffugly in front of the net.It'll be interesting to see how much the refs let buffugly get away with in the crease.Should be one helll of a series.

Awesome! I love games that start at eight. The sun is way to high in the sky at seven for me to get comfortable in front of the tv

Prediction? Well....Hawks in four

Same here, 8's cool. I wish I got CBC in High def though. I'd much rather watch the hockey night guys but I can't take SD.

I was a Blackhawks fan as a kid - don't ask me why - so they have remained a WC favorite. As such, I hope they win.

However, I also love a great story and should the Flyers win, it will become one of the all-time great NHL stories. Having to win a SO in the final game of the season against the team they were competing with for the eighth and final spot, then being down 3 games to none and eventually 3-0 in game 7 and still advancing. It would be unbelievable. But, alas, it's the Flyers, so ...

However, I also love a great story and should the Flyers win, it will become one of the all-time great NHL stories. Having to win a SO in the final game of the season against the team they were competing with for the eighth and final spot, then being down 3 games to none and eventually 3-0 in game 7 and still advancing. It would be unbelievable. But, alas, it's the Flyers, so ...

Having been at game 5 the other night in Philly, I have to grudgingly admit that it was a great hockey crowd, with plenty of local tradition. They had the daughter of a local broadcasting legend sing "God Bless America" in a "duet" with Kate Smith footage -- which everyone went crazy for. They also played the "Rocky" theme, but they didn't overuse it and they saved it for the right moment in the game. And there is an awesome cheese steak place (Tony Luke's) about 3 minutes from the arena. Not only that, for the first time I can remember EVER at a pro sports event, parking was free.

Archived