STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

Ratings are REEEAALLLY good.

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/breaking-nbc-draws-4-1-overnight-for-game-2/

The NHL On NBC coverage of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final drew a 4.1/7 overnight rating on Monday night, up 15% from last year’s Sunday night broadcast between Detroit and Pittsburgh, which drew a 3.5/6.

Thanks for posting the ratings. I wonder what kind of a drop they will take now that the series is moving to Versus? Also, Game 5 is head to head vs. NBA Finals game 2.... both start at 8pm. I wonder what kind of hit the NBC has.

Back to the series, Niemi was a beast last night. It's crazy to see these teams with such mediocre goalies do so well in the playoffs. Detroit in the past had to play Legacy until late when Osgood got hot, Carolina was switching Gerber and Ward all year, the Hawks had Huet #1 and Niemi steals his job and now has a 2-0 lead. And obviously Philly with Boucher and Leighton. Crazzzzy.

Pronger is a POS. Always has been. I absolutely hate him. As one NHL guy on twitter said, he's the ONLY player in the league that gets loud BOOOOs in every single rink he plays in except Philly. He's always been dirty and always been a POS.

One player who caught my eye last night was Kopecky from the Hawks. The guy was everywhere and he was hitting everything. He's gritty, goes into the boards and battles and doesn't shy away from anyone. Seeing him go face to face with Carcillo was great.

Eleven,it was Pronger taking the pucks,the towel was something that happened in response to Prongers actions.Its all over the news,everywhere.Strange you would miss that?

My post was right after it happened live--and today was crazy, so I have not had the opportunity to look around for details. I've dropped in on this site here and there, and that's (sadly) about all the non-work contact I had all day.

Thanks for posting the ratings. I wonder what kind of a drop they will take now that the series is moving to Versus? Also, Game 5 is head to head vs. NBA Finals game 2.... both start at 8pm. I wonder what kind of hit the NBC has.

I hope this goes 5 games so I don't have to resort to watching a Celtics-Lakers pituitary fest on Sunday night. I'm sure the ratings will favor ABC/ESPN, but if Chicago has a chance to win the Cup in Game 5, NBC might get a few extra viewers.

Looking forward to the game tonight, for a change.

Can anyone tell me, with Al & Tipper divorcing, who gets custody of the internet?

I believe that, like everything else, it now falls to Homeland Security.

Anyone see Carcillo hit his own team mate in game 2? I think it was Carter? Nailed him good enough to knock his helmet back on his head. That was enjoyable to watch. He's a loose cannon.

I really hope that when the other team taunts him, they keep mentioning how ugly he is. My god, that cannot be mentioned enough.

Can't b2 embarrassed, he's put them on craigslist. :doh:

That is one of the funnier craigslist postings I've seen, especially this part: "I'm hoping to have two more pucks by Friday if you are interested and possibly more to come but not if an unnamed individual can't stop a wrist shot from the top of the circle taken by a guy who has less career points in 255 games than I had this past season. "

That is one of the funnier craigslist postings I've seen, especially this part: "I'm hoping to have two more pucks by Friday if you are interested and possibly more to come but not if an unnamed individual can't stop a wrist shot from the top of the circle taken by a guy who has less career points in 255 games than I had this past season. "

Call me a doubting Thomas. I don't believe this. Just don't. If this was true, they'd have a microphone in his face by now.

Back to the series, Niemi was a beast last night. It's crazy to see these teams with such mediocre goalies do so well in the playoffs. Detroit in the past had to play Legacy until late when Osgood got hot, Carolina was switching Gerber and Ward all year, the Hawks had Huet #1 and Niemi steals his job and now has a 2-0 lead. And obviously Philly with Boucher and Leighton. Crazzzzy.

Pronger is a POS. Always has been. I absolutely hate him. As one NHL guy on twitter said, he's the ONLY player in the league that gets loud BOOOOs in every single rink he plays in except Philly. He's always been dirty and always been a POS.

One player who caught my eye last night was Kopecky from the Hawks. The guy was everywhere and he was hitting everything. He's gritty, goes into the boards and battles and doesn't shy away from anyone. Seeing him go face to face with Carcillo was great.

whats pos? is that anything like pms?

whats pos? is that anything like pms?

Nope. Not even close. It stands for Piece Of $h!t.

Come to think of it, POS reminds me of a few Schneider National trucks I've driven in the past, which, for coincidence's sake, is the same color as Flyers Orange.

I was admittedly conflicted before the series started. I wasn't exactly sure whom I would root for. I was actually contemplating rooting for the Flyers cause of the East vs West thing. And that bothered me. Could I actually root for the Flyers? I admit, I love the makeup of their team. Their nasty swagger is appealing. When the series actually started, I found myself rooting for the Hawks. After the first two, it's now clear, I'm not capable of rooting for the Flyers. Go Hawks...

No offense, but I could have cared less about the East vs. West thing, given that it's the Flyers from the East. I can't stand the Flyers for one, and the Hawks need to break their Cup-less streak. The only thing I'm not going to like about the Hawks winning it is when Patrick Kane comes home for his date with the Cup. Then again, that might be a good thing, because it would be great to embarrass LQ and DR enough into actually putting together a contender. I know that's asking a lot, but we can only hope.

BTW, end of the 1st in Game 3 and the Floppers lead 1-0.

it was a goal that never should have been. Pronger should have been in the box for cross-checking.

And that overhead view is not truely overhead. Any other game, any other building, that one falls under the inconclusive label. I've seen that same exact thing a couple times and the goal doesn't count.

No offense, but I could have cared less about the East vs. West thing, given that it's the Flyers from the East. I can't stand the Flyers for one, and the Hawks need to break their Cup-less streak. The only thing I'm not going to like about the Hawks winning it is when Patrick Kane comes home for his date with the Cup. Then again, that might be a good thing, because it would be great to embarrass LQ and DR enough into actually putting together a contender. I know that's asking a lot, but we can only hope.

BTW, end of the 1st in Game 3 and the Floppers lead 1-0.

Sadly, there's no way that LQ and DR can be embarrassed by the product they put on the ice. They have no shame.

Sadly, there's no way that LQ and DR can be embarrassed by the product they put on the ice. They have no shame.

Like I said: it's asking a lot. Most of us can't expect more from hockey's version of Merv Griffin.

I haven't seen this much clutching, grabbing and interference since the Sabres played the Flyers in 98. Yeesh.

Yeah, how coincidental. It involves the Floppers/Broad Street Beavers. Hmmm, a quote from Terry Murray comes to mind: "We choked".

Archived