STANLEY CUP FINALS

LabattBlue

I was a Blackhawks fan as a kid - don't ask me why - so they have remained a WC favorite. As such, I hope they win.

However, I also love a great story and should the Flyers win, it will become one of the all-time great NHL stories. Having to win a SO in the final game of the season against the team they were competing with for the eighth and final spot, then being down 3 games to none and eventually 3-0 in game 7 and still advancing. It would be unbelievable. But, alas, it's the Flyers, so ...

I would have bet the house that there was no way Philly w/Boucher would have won a shootout against the Rangers w/Lundqvist in game 82 with a playoff spot on the line.

I still think Philly is going to crash and burn in the Finals.

My "when the Sabres are out of the playoffs" rooting algorithm has me siding with the Flyers in this series (Philly having won a cup more recently than the Blackhawks). But I'm going to have to deviate here because, well I just REALLY hate Philly. Plus you have to root for the local kid Kane. Either way I'm just glad there won't be a first time cup winner this season.

Hawks in 5.

I would have bet the house that there was no way Philly w/Boucher would have won a shootout against the Rangers w/Lundqvist in game 82 with a playoff spot on the line.

I wonder if the Rangers played OT not to lose, thinking the same thing.

The draft is a little less than a month away and FA right afterwards. :thumbsup: I am not sure when player trades can begin? As soon as the finals are over?

Meant that the talk around here is as boring as watching paint dry, but yeah. "Free agent Frenzy" day is fun.

The draft is a little less than a month away and FA right afterwards. :thumbsup: I am not sure when player trades can begin? As soon as the finals are over?

It seems weird, but I think they can already make trades. Islanders and Rangers already made a minor one.

It seems weird, but I think they can already make trades. Islanders and Rangers already made a minor one.

I noticed the Rangers trade, but I believe it involved a minor league player or a prospect for a pick. Perhaps, only non-roster players can be traded before the end of the season.

I'm looking forward to a Chicago cup.... it's been too long for an Original Six team. I think they will win.

However... can someone PLEASE stuff a sock in Emerick's mouth when he's not doing play-by-play? When he's just talking without a game going on, he makes me cringe. Please... someone.... just TAKE HIM OUT.

Taking a quick break from the SabreSpace vacation to note that the Sabres--yes, the current freaking roster--would have beaten either team tonight.

Well, you would have to hope Miller would have played better than either of those two, but I have a hard time seeing how we would have generated those scoring chances.

I was at the game and the energy was electric. Danny played well but disappeared most of the game. It seemed like the Hawks knew they could score when ever they wanted. Kane never showed up - it's funny how Flyer fans walked in packs and still tried to stir up trouble when ever they could. I think Monday's game will be a much tighter defensive battle. The flyers defense on the corners sucks - a rec player can get around the edges!! It was cool to see Scotty Bowman walking the halls - he looked great!

Well, you would have to hope Miller would have played better than either of those two, but I have a hard time seeing how we would have generated those scoring chances.

I agree. There were some great assists on those goals. Interesting decision to pull Leighton.

Unusal to see a game where both teams had offensive flow.

It's been a long time since I have been this proud to be a fan of the NHL. Game One was everything you could want in a game. I just hope these two teams have six more like that in them.

Absolutely.

There were very few penalties as well. I know the Chicago fans wanted a few more but I never even really saw any that I thought they should (or could) have called.

It was a great game, all around.

You are right. Lindy would be telling us how "goals just aren't available" in the NHL anymore, and they are few and far between, and they have to be dirty-greasy-grimy-gritty-sandpapery.

You are right. Lindy would be telling us how "goals just aren't available" in the NHL anymore, and they are few and far between, and they have to be dirty-greasy-grimy-gritty-sandpapery.

Like Kristian said, he wants Vanek to be a 7 million dollar Andreychuk.

But this is for another day. Today is a day for celebration. Let us all revel in the NHL's glory today. There'll be plenty of time to bash Lindy later.

Archived