The Music Thread

darksabre

• 2 weeks later...

I think Bowie's lyrics are incredible in this song. Love Nirvana's cover.

Big fan of Kurt. I remember the day he died. Huge humble talent IMO. The unplugged brought me around to the Meat Puppets. We used "Shine" at our wedding reception. "In the middle of a battle is a little of the way you talk...and you shine...." It seemed to fit us.

Long Way Down by the Goo Goo Dolls. 

My 5 year old son recently heard it while in the car and now he repeatedly ask to hear it when going somewhere. Pure awesomeness! Long Way Down is one of my favs by The Goo.... Like father like son! 

Edited by Thanes16

• 2 weeks later...

The Munsters?

Huh?

Really? You've never heard that theme song?

I willingly submit that I've never had any interest in The Munsters. I can't say I know anything about the show.

Loving that song without having The Munsters riff as a point of context is ... well. I guess I'm (we're) just getting old.

I'll also say: The tune does nothing for me.

Nothing on the radio has grabbed me (in a cotton candy sort of way) this summer either, as it has in years past (e.g., Call Me Maybe  or Fancy (I'm neither proud nor particularly sophisticated when it comes to windows down, kids in the van, summer jams)).