The Music Thread

darksabre

If you like bluesy music, I highly suggest these

White Stripes will always hold a special place in my heart. They're from Detroit, and I remember when I was in 7th grade going to a local Toledo divebar/stage to see some friends play. It was some amateur battle of the bands competition, and then these two kinda grungy kids were up at the end as judges or something, and played "Fell In Love With A Girl". They'd started to make it by then, having just released White Blood Cells. I decided I loved them then, bought all of their albums and was rather heartbroken when they broke up.

And I'm not really a huge solo Jack White fan.

Black Keys also hold love for me- they went to high school with some of my cousins/friends from college.

Here's one of my original favorites:

thanks to rick rubin's spartan twitter content, this:

these guys are apparently a bit of a thing among musical undergrounds, and have been for a long time. i just learned of them.

they are also apparently a legit political force in their homeland in northern africa, whence they've been exiled.

this stuff is so exotic, yet also familiar.

and check that bassist walk it out - god-like on the low-end.

Fast fact. Jimmy Page listed Royal Blood and Rival Sons as the two bands out there that he is excited about. Said he went to see Royal Blood recently and they were fantastic. Its no surprise that they were both influenced by Zep. Figure it out by Royal Blood especially comes to mind for me as it borrows heavily on the Zep formula.