The Music Thread

darksabre

• 2 weeks later...

No kidding.

It's funny, though, how this perspective changes over time ...

... when John Lennon died at age 40 in 1980, I was 16 and I thought ... at least he had a long life.

Holy Smokies Bat Man is NS OLD!

Half Century and still counting, may you go the next half century with the zest for life as your first half my friend!!! 

I knew we where very close in age because of your fondness for The Clash.  They where our generation's (that may be to broad of a time period) anti establishments sounding board, which is the shortest way but not the best way to describe it. I however was a slow learner and began my rebellion with the coming of the most detested word in music to me, Grunge.

I was a freshman in high school when Lennon was killed. I thought he was old also, he was born the same year as my Dad.

Holy Smokies Bat Man is NS OLD!

Half Century and still counting, may you go the next half century with the zest for life as your first half my friend!!! 

I knew we where very close in age because of your fondness for The Clash.  They where our generation's (that may be to broad of a time period) anti establishments sounding board, which is the shortest way but not the best way to describe it. I however was a slow learner and began my rebellion with the coming of the most detested word in music to me, Grunge.

I was a freshman in high school when Lennon was killed. I thought he was old also, he was born the same year as my Dad.

Ah, yes.  The Clash.  The only band that ever mattered.  The band that changed my life.  The album London Calling, to be specific.  Early winter 1979, when that iconic album was released in the UK.

Freshman in high school, eh.  That would put you in the ball park, but I'm guessing a year, or two, younger.

Thank you for your good wishes, my friend.  I wish the same for you.

I've had that artist and Matoma stuck in my head for awhile Heimdall. Kygo's 'Sexual Healing' remix of Marvin Gaye's original is pretty good.

Unrelated but so catchy. Not a ton of rap artists have good beats. It's all bass and "Damn son, where'd ya find this? DJ KHALEEEEEEDDDDDDD"

Chance is great though. He uses every instrument, and his tracks have so much soul and creativity. Highly, highly recommend him.

Edited by WildCard

• 3 weeks later...

I heard this song for the first time in years on Veteran's day and I cried my eyes out.  I really miss being in a Wind Ensemble.  I pretty regularly shed tears from behind the timpani because of how gorgeous the music was.

We played this one in concert band when I was in high school. I can appreciate it now, but at the time my clarinet section sat right in front of the trumpets in practice and it was always painful hearing them blast into our ears while we just sat there for an eternity waiting for our turn to join in.