The Music Thread

darksabre

WIldCard,

I understand, but one can't help but notice that reggae had a great influence on The Clash.

Mick, Joe and Paul all said that it had a big influence on their music.  They have also said that their rebel stance was based, in part, on that of the Rasta movement.

They did a great tour with Mikey Dread ...

=====

Rockers Galore has put this into my head (and speakers) now ...

UB40 was a great band ... right up until they sold their souls for a pop hit.

Sorry about the delay NS, I haven't visited this thread in awhile.

I honestly didn't know anything about the Reggae influence on the Clash. To me I don't hear a ton of Reggae aspects in their music, though it could just be I don't know what I'm looking for. Care to provide some links/articles I can read about it?

I've been on a little Thin Lizzy binge lately, cannot get this song out of my head

Of the Blue Colour of the Sky is a fantastic album.  For me, it's head and shoulders above every other OK/GO album.

This song has such deliberate texture and build.  When he screams at 2:49, ugh, makes me wanna cry.

This is the shortened version with the music video:

Edited by kvetch monstrovich

• 2 weeks later...

That is a really addictive song Callaway, nice contribution

Here's mine tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jnRcM8Qf1A

my buddy texted me to say "hey, we're going to see this guy next week at sportsmen's" with a youtube link. and now i can't stop singing the chorus of this diddy. the whole thing is super charming.

This song is awesome 

Aud, that song reminded me of this, and now I'm because this will be in my head all week  :lol:

Edited by WildComrade