PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Some stored up comments.

1.) Flyers what the heck happened? You were my choice to come out of the east. Should have tried harder in that last regular season game.. Home ice might have made a difference. Might have...

2.) Capitals hockey is fun to watch..

3.) Suspending players and coaches in the middle of a playoff run is ridiculous.

4.) Calgary and Chicago delivers game-in, game-out.

5.) Been a bucketload of shutouts so far.

6.) Pittsburgh seemed to get the better of the calls during their series.

7.) V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....

8.) Series I refuse to watch... DET-CBJ, NJD-CAR.

9.) Boston was completely dissed for TV coverage in the first round.

10.) SJ on the verge of choking on that Presidents Trophy.

Not even a sellout. They havent sold out a single playoff game yet this season

18,680 is not a sellout?

Whatever. I though the Cane fans were awesome. Everyone standing with five minutes to go? Never saw that in Buffalo. In fact, every single crowd I've seen in these playoffs sounds louder and looks more into it than almost any playoff game I can remember in Buffalo. Something's lacking in Sabre fans. There's always this sense they're waiting for doom and gloom, even when the Sabres are winning. And, IMHO, the game presentation is a big part of the problem and the reason the fans can't get into it.

18,680 is not a sellout?

Whatever. I though the Cane fans were awesome. Everyone standing with five minutes to go? Never saw that in Buffalo. In fact, every single crowd I've seen in these playoffs sounds louder and looks more into it than almost any playoff game I can remember in Buffalo. Something's lacking in Sabre fans. There's always this sense they're waiting for doom and gloom, even when the Sabres are winning. And, IMHO, the game presentation is a big part of the problem and the reason the fans can't get into it.

At 7PM last night over 400 tickets were still available and Canes always report attendance higher than actual sales

Agreed. Miller's numbers are much better the last two playoff seasons.

Lovely. I assume you are just horsing around and not seriously disputing that Lundy hasn't played as well in the playoffs over the course of his career as Miller has?

18,680 is not a sellout?

When the Jackets were swept by Detroit the other night in Columbus the fans gave them a standing ovation which I thought was very nice. New fans I guess. They were just happy to be there in the postseason. They haven't had a team rip their heart out often enough and long enough I guess. But they battled hard... it was Detroit for cripes sake. Can you see our fans giving a standing o after being on the losing end of a sweep? Hmmmmm...

When the Jackets were swept by Detroit the other night in Columbus the fans gave them a standing ovation which I thought was very nice. New fans I guess. They were just happy to be there in the postseason. They haven't had a team rip their heart out often enough and long enough I guess. But they battled hard... it was Detroit for cripes sake. Can you see our fans giving a standing o after being on the losing end of a sweep? Hmmmmm...

Yes.

Lovely. I assume you are just horsing around and not seriously disputing that Lundy hasn't played as well in the playoffs over the course of his career as Miller has?

Haven't followed Lundqvist. Miller's been pretty good in the playoffs. Just pointing out that only one of them has gotten his team in the playoffs the last two seasons.

18,680 is not a sellout?

Hey--someone's Uncle Dad was there! (There is no nudity here, but still, you probably don't want your kid to see it.)

18,680 is not a sellout?

I've been to Raliegh twice for games, one in the playoffs, and you must be crazy if you think their fans are better then our fans. One reason why their arena gets so loud is because it's a much smaller building. Their roof is pretty low. HSBC it's like a dome. If you pack Sabres fans into that arena we'd be loudest in the league too.

Yes.

As would I if they played as hard as Columbus did. They didn't stand a chance, but that didn't stop them from trying. And I can appreciate that. What I won't applaud is getting swept in a heartless effort or even just losing one game in a heartless manner. That won't get any kind of applause from me.

As would I if they played as hard as Columbus did. They didn't stand a chance, but that didn't stop them from trying. And I can appreciate that. What I won't applaud is getting swept in a heartless effort or even just losing one game in a heartless manner. That won't get any kind of applause from me.

You're right. Columbus did play their hearts out, and it seems that their fans noticed and appreciated.

Yeah, especially today. Few of those goals were totally savable. Lundqvist is a very good goalie, but far from great.

He's a great goalie. He's been beaten high glove side from right in the slot. But he more than gives them a punchers chance in game seven. That Rangers defense hasn't helped him much this series.

He's a great goalie. He's been beaten high glove side from right in the slot. But he more than gives them a punchers chance in game seven. That Rangers defense hasn't helped him much this series.

I've been watching this series pretty closely, and I think they did in the 1st half of the series, less so in the 2nd half. I don't think there's any way around the conclusion that he's had 3 lousy games out of 6, especially the last 2. I certainly agr ee that he gives them a chance in game 7 -- IF he gets his mojo back. If he plays lousy again, I think his upper-echelon status takes a real blow.

I've been to Raliegh twice for games, one in the playoffs, and you must be crazy if you think their fans are better then our fans. One reason why their arena gets so loud is because it's a much smaller building. Their roof is pretty low. HSBC it's like a dome. If you pack Sabres fans into that arena we'd be loudest in the league too.

We'd be louder with pumped in noise as well.

Some stored up comments.

1.) Flyers what the heck happened? You were my choice to come out of the east. Should have tried harder in that last regular season game.. Home ice might have made a difference. Might have...

2.) Capitals hockey is fun to watch..

3.) Suspending players and coaches in the middle of a playoff run is ridiculous.

4.) Calgary and Chicago delivers game-in, game-out.

5.) Been a bucketload of shutouts so far.

6.) Pittsburgh seemed to get the better of the calls during their series.

7.) V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....V-A-R-L-A-M-O-V....

8.) Series I refuse to watch... DET-CBJ, NJD-CAR.

9.) Boston was completely dissed for TV coverage in the first round.

10.) SJ on the verge of choking on that Presidents Trophy.

1) Ya, really, but who wants to run into Crosby and Malin? That team will be good for a decade with them two and whoever they can put around them

2) Yes, it is. Not if you are John Totorella, though

3) So is throwing water bottles at fans and threatening them with sticks

4) Yes! Chicago is the team I wish the Sabres were

5) ya

6) hmmm

7) ok

8) Oh, the game I caught was great. I think that's some good hockey there. Carolina really upgraded their defense and it shows

9) Good! lol

10) Maybe, we shall see. Boyle is such an amazing skater I hope they win just so I can watch that guy play.

Haven't followed Lundqvist. Miller's been pretty good in the playoffs. Just pointing out that only one of them has gotten his team in the playoffs the last two seasons.

I'd also like to point out that Miller had a better winning percentage, a better save percentage, and more shutouts than "King Henrik" this season.

So, let's see, guys who (right or wrong) had their reputations for not performing during the playoffs reinforced:

Joe Thornton (6 GP, 1G, 4A, -3)

Keith Tkachuk (4GP, 0G, 0A, -1)

Olli Jokinen (6 GP, 2G, 3A, -1)

Now, Joe's and Olli's numbers don't look that bad, but each had one good game (1G, 2A, +1 in Game 5 for Joe and 2G, 1A, +3 in Game 4 for Olli), but were otherwise pretty sad (5GP, 0G, 2A, -4 for both.)

Archived