PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

What I've seen so far of Detroit-Anaheim (I'm just settling in at home now, but I was able to catch bits of the 1st and 2d) reminds me a lot of Sabres-Flyers and Sabres-Sens from '06. Detroit will win the series, but they may be too beat up for it to matter.

Canucks will beat Chicago in 5, maybe 6. No questions asked.

Khabibulin is now 0-10-1 in his last 11 starts vs Vancouver. The Canucks won last night despite having 9 days off. I thought they'd lose, not score the first 3, then win it 5-3 after Chicago tied it. Chicago should have beaten Vancouver and last night was their best opportunity.

Canucks were rusty, yet still managed to win despite the 3 goal Chicago 3rd. They know now to not let their foot of the gas.

Eager should be suspended. I see no difference in his hit over Brashear's hit, in fact Eager was even later.

Will be fun to watch, but the Canucks will win this series.

PS Thank goodness Campbell isn't a Sabre anymore. He is not very good. Truthfully, in his own end he's weak. He's the 3rd pairing on defense. The Sabres did the right thing. He's not worth cash he makes.

Khabibulin is now 0-10-1 in his last 11 starts vs Vancouver. The Canucks won last night despite having 9 days off. I thought they'd lose, not score the first 3, then win it 5-3 after Chicago tied it. Chicago should have beaten Vancouver and last night was their best opportunity.

Canucks were rusty, yet still managed to win despite the 3 goal Chicago 3rd. They know now to not let their foot of the gas.

Eager should be suspended. I see no difference in his hit over Brashear's hit, in fact Eager was even later.

PS Thank goodness Campbell isn't a Sabre anymore. He is not very good. Truthfully, in his own end he's weak. He's the 3rd pairing on defense. The Sabres did the right thing. He's not worth cash he makes.

It may have been a shot to the head(which I'm not even sure of), but that was NOT a late hit. It's only because he passed the puck backwards and not forwards that it looked that way. He should not have been admiring his pretty pass. Again, That hit was NOT late.

I was quite surprised at how well Vancouver played given the time off. They certainly cannot be taken lightly at this point, but Chicago has the capability to make a series of it. It will be a an interesting series for sure.

I'm curious as to whether Carolina will be able to make it a series with Boston. They did not show much last night but we will see how the next game goes.

I am hoping for the best from the Pens-Caps series. All in all I like the second round match-ups in both conferences.

Oh, I love this Chicago team! Nice seeing Campbell again, too!

Anyone see how pissed Bowman was that Campbell didn't stay at the point with :30 left in the first game?

It seems in all these games, just watch the last 5 minutes and you'll see some magic.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hawks look impressive, i won't lie. They just never give up. Game 1 they were down 3-0 and came back to tie it 3-3 before losing it with a minute to go. Tonight, down 2-0, they come back with awesome play in the 2nd period and win 6-3. Patrick Sharp 2 goals, just like in game 1 when Kane scored the first two goals in their come back, this time it was Sharp. Kane also scores. His 5th of the playoffs. Hawks have looked unbeatable at home, so we'll see what Vancouver will do the next 2 games.

Hawks look impressive, i won't lie. They just never give up. Game 1 they were down 3-0 and came back to tie it 3-3 before losing it with a minute to go. Tonight, down 2-0, they come back with awesome play in the 2nd period and win 6-3. Patrick Sharp 2 goals, just like in game 1 when Kane scored the first two goals in their come back, this time it was Sharp. Kane also scores. His 5th of the playoffs. Hawks have looked unbeatable at home, so we'll see what Vancouver will do the next 2 games.

Ya, gotta love those Hawks. They are not a big team either.

Does it seems to anyone else that the league now is dominated by younger players?

Living in DC, it's not hard to get caught up with the Caps...The Varlamov save yesterday was large part skill, little part luck, but a great save nonetheless. Cindy thinking she scored a goal was the best part of the replay! :nana:

Watching the game yesterday, did anyone notice the guy sitting behind the Caps bench with a Bisons red bottlecap jersey on? I've seen a few when the Sabres come here, but it was nice to see Buffalo represented here in the playoofs.

I am very impressed with Quineville's moves. Especially on Defense.

He platoons defense based on the score and the puck pressure is

reminiscent of the Sabres 2006. That team is young and loaded.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Crosby totally whiffed on that shot.

I am very impressed with Quineville's moves. Especially on Defense.

He platoons defense based on the score and the puck pressure is

reminiscent of the Sabres 2006. That team is young and loaded.

Sami Salo was injured on his goal and didn't travel to Chicago. His absence will really hurt Vancouver. During their slump in January they lost 11 times in 15 games. They then went on to lose just 11 games in the next 38 that Salo played in. He will be clearly missed!

I still think the Canucks will win, but it's gonna be interesting.

Sami Salo was injured on his goal and didn't travel to Chicago. His absence will really hurt Vancouver. During their slump in January they lost 11 times in 15 games. They then went on to lose just 11 games in the next 38 that Salo played in. He will be clearly missed!

I still think the Canucks will win, but it's gonna be interesting.

Yikes. That's a nightmare. (Salo) Who do they have? Ossi Vannaneen still around?

They are already having trouble with forwards taking their blue line with speed.

They are going to have to get a lead and pack it in and do a much better job of clogging up the middle.

'Canes just got hosed on a "no goal" after a review. The puck went off the crossbar, hit on edge just behind the goal line and then as it bounced, landed back on the goal line, where it was cleared. The call on the ice was no goal and it was very close, but there seemed to be two conclusive views that it landed on edge all in the white. I want Boston to win, but I would have overturned the ruling on the ice.

'Canes just got hosed on a "no goal" after a review. The puck went off the crossbar, hit on edge just behind the goal line and then as it bounced, landed back on the goal line, where it was cleared. The call on the ice was no goal and it was very close, but there seemed to be two conclusive views that it landed on edge all in the white. I want Boston to win, but I would have overturned the ruling on the ice.

I wouldn't call those views conclusive at all. Watched it on a huge HD screen, and I couldn't tell whether the front edge of that puck was on the back of the line as it landed. If the original call had been "goal," though, it would have stood.

Plus, Carolina already got their breaks this playoff season, when their interference with Brodeur was completely ignored.

Watching the game yesterday, did anyone notice the guy sitting behind the Caps bench with a Bisons red bottlecap jersey on? I've seen a few when the Sabres come here, but it was nice to see Buffalo represented here in the playoofs.

Indeed.

What I've seen so far of Detroit-Anaheim (I'm just settling in at home now, but I was able to catch bits of the 1st and 2d) reminds me a lot of Sabres-Flyers and Sabres-Sens from '06. Detroit will win the series, but they may be too beat up for it to matter.

I'm tellin' everyone....I really think this series is going 7 games. Anaheim just doesn't look like an 8 seed. I didn't think they'd dispatch the Sharks (much less in 6 games), but they can smell a win every time they're on the ice.

Even if Detroit wins, they will be beat up and have even more issues with Vancouver or Chicago.

What a surprise...I just tried to buy 4 tickets to the Canes v. Bruins game # 3 and up pops 4 seats together in the lower bowl. I guess the Caniacs are bored with what could be a decent playoff run. <_<

many tickets available and my guess ya can walk up to the game and get them as well. Its only round 2 the bandwagon hasnt fully started yet

many tickets available and my guess ya can walk up to the game and get them as well. Its only round 2 the bandwagon hasnt fully started yet

All disdain aside, credit to Paul Marice for handling this team and Rutherford for bringing in Pikanen, Jokkinen, and getting Cole back. This team sucked in December.

Archived