PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

And Cindy responds in kind.

Edit: Caps hold on for the 4-3 win. 4 goals in two games each for Crosby and Ovechkin. Sick; just sick.

Yup. Great series so far. Both games kept me on the edge of my seat which is pretty cool for two teams I don't care much about. It's good for hockey. However, unless Pittsburgh's defense steps up and Malkin, it could be a short series. Washington just seem to want it more, are quicker and look tougher. Anything can happen, but I don't see Washington losing two in a row in Pittsburgh.

Holy mackarel. OV is a force of nature. Crosby is great too, and maybe a better all-around player than OV, but still. I think OV is what Rocket Richard must have been like.

The games have been great, but where have both supporting casts been? Semin? Backstrom? Green? Malkin? Staal? Gonchar?

Also, Varlamov, who has essentially saved the Capitals' season, has outplayed Fleury.

I have to wonder. If Buffalo had won the Crosby lottery, would we still be calling him Cindy?

See, now, that's not what I'm wondering. I wonder, if we had won the Crosby lottery, would we be talking about the Sabres in the playoffs, right now?

Seriously, though, I'd trade every member of the current Sabres roster and their first born sons to have a player with the talent and passion for the game that OV has. Did you see him celebrating the second Caps' goal (the only one he didn't score) while on the bench? He was just as excited by that goal as he was by any of his three (which he was as excited as I've ever seen anyone after scoring a goal.)

I can't recall ever seeing two hat tricks in one game with each team getting one. Pretty good series. I wanted to see Pittsburgh take one in Washington. I want this series to go 7.

All disdain aside, credit to Paul Marice for handling this team and Rutherford for bringing in Pikanen, Jokkinen, and getting Cole back. This team sucked in December.

Sure looks their front office made all the right moves. The press and fans moaned about Maruice hiring but the new players have made significant difference for them.

I'm so jealous of Caps fans it hurts. Ovechkin is ridiculous.

Absolutely the most exciting player to watch in the game today. I don't know what else I can say about him. It's all been said.

Jeez, tho...I know what you mean...I'm jealous too...

Green has been everywhere.

I don't agree. He's laid out a couple of big hits but hasn't done anything offensively. In 2 games he has one shot on goal. Last night he had zero shots and was a minus-1. He also made a mis-play in game 1 that led to a Pittsburgh goal. I'll grant you that he's playing big minutes and so deserves some of the credit for Malkin's no-show, but I can't agree with your description.

With Crosby don't you have the feeling that he takes all this whiney girl stuff seriously? He just seems like the type of person that it would bother him. Other guys like Avery for example you just think they are too into themselves to care about what others think.

I'm just guessing but he's kind of like that friend that we all have who gets made fun of,and the only reason they are targeted is because we know it gets to him.

I obviously have no idea but it smells like it.

That is really funny. Seriously, they just got scored on with time starting to run out 2nd round of the playoffs, and he's worried about hats on the ice?

If I were a Pens fan I'd be a tad bit worried, but I'm not so I'll enjoy it... woot.

They talked about this with Matthew Barnaby on ESPN's Sports Center, and they said Crosby said that during the game only as a joke.

I don't agree. He's laid out a couple of big hits but hasn't done anything offensively. In 2 games he has one shot on goal. Last night he had zero shots and was a minus-1. He also made a mis-play in game 1 that led to a Pittsburgh goal. I'll grant you that he's playing big minutes and so deserves some of the credit for Malkin's no-show, but I can't agree with your description.

I totally agree with you and not sure when Eleven means when he said he's been "everywhere". I think Green has been a huge disappointment, although not as big as Malkin, but like you said, he's mishandled a few pucks, made several key errors in the games and offensively, which is what he's most known for, he's been invisible. One shot on goal for Green? Come on.

Archived