PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Impressive comeback today by the Pens ... down 3-0 early ... some great play by Malkin in this game - fantastic moves on the Pens first goal.

Malkin plays physical, goes to the corners, initiates contact even when he has the puck ... hard to handle when he's on his game. Plus that scoring, passing, stickhandling, playmaking stuff. A complete player ....

Don Cherry's xenophobic colours bloom when he blasts Malkin - in my eyes he plays the game like Messier or Neely did (minus fighting, although I don't think Messier actually fought that much) except with more skill. Post game the CBC commentators noted that he was first in the mix after Fedetenko got dumped after the Pens first goal. A team player to boot!

Hey - this post might actually be in the right thread! kudos to me!

Nothing new for Torts. What an ass. He could have hit or even injured an innocent spectator.

You know, PA, I don't think he could have hurt anyone, but the rest of your post is right on. I appreciate that John Tortorella has some Sabres roots, but he really has become a hot-headed ass. And that's unfortunate.

I think I know why Avery has a place on that team, though.

You know, PA, I don't think he could have hurt anyone, but the rest of your post is right on. I appreciate that John Tortorella has some Sabres roots, but he really has become a hot-headed ass. And that's unfortunate.

I think I know why Avery has a place on that team, though.

A water bottle, presumably not empty, made of plastic, hurled at a pretty good velocity, could do some damage. What if it hit some poor person on blood thinners? They can bleed significantly from even minor bumps. Stranger things have happened...

Marc Staal looked like a complete joke today. And the New York Rangers may have played the worst team game i've seen this season of any one and i've seen a lot of games. Entering the 2nd period down 3-1, announcers said this must be the time NYR get something going. They had a PP to begin the period and really needed to show up. The intermission crew said they will "live and die" with the 2nd period..... well, took them 9 minutes to get their first shot on goal in the 2nd. Pathetic effort. A team like this doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. I do think Game 7 will be a good game but i can't bet against Washington and Ovechkin, Semin and Backstrom. Way too much fire power against a team with no real first line player.

Marc Staal looked like a complete joke today. And the New York Rangers may have played the worst team game i've seen this season of any one and i've seen a lot of games. Entering the 2nd period down 3-1, announcers said this must be the time NYR get something going. They had a PP to begin the period and really needed to show up. The intermission crew said they will "live and die" with the 2nd period..... well, took them 9 minutes to get their first shot on goal in the 2nd. Pathetic effort. A team like this doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. I do think Game 7 will be a good game but i can't bet against Washington and Ovechkin, Semin and Backstrom. Way too much fire power against a team with no real first line player.

Lundquist has kept them in this series.

But whatever happens in game 7, I don't see the Rangers going far.

They look slow and beat up....

They haven't had puck possession all series, getting killed on face-offs and have to rely on

PP's and quick counter-attacks.

They haven't had puck possession all series, getting killed on face-offs and have to rely on

I don't think the Rags have a chance in game 7. I can also see the Caps coming out of the East, but the one thing that scares me about them going all the way is the young goaltender.

Lundqvist is great, but the Rangers needed to close out the series before the Caps got rolling. The talent discrepancy has been evident the last two games. I'd be shocked if Washington doesn't roll in game 7. And I can't wait to see the reception that idiot Tortorella gets from the Caps fans. What a buffoon.

Not looking terribly promising, Blue. The Devils don't strike me as the type of team that can come back from a 3-0 deficit. I see two Game 7s on Tuesday night.

That was the kiss of death on my part. All I have to do is declare which team I would like to win and they go right in the shitter.

X, i must respectfully point out that Lundy's had some terrific games, but also THREE very ordinary ones. In fact, if the rangers get cashed out, I'd be comfortable naming him and torts as the primary culprits.

Miller is better.

X, i must respectfully point out that Lundy's had some terrific games, but also THREE very ordinary ones. In fact, if the rangers get cashed out, I'd be comfortable naming him and torts as the primary culprits.

Miller is better.

Yeah, especially today. Few of those goals were totally savable. Lundqvist is a very good goalie, but far from great.

It saddens me so much that both EC Game 7's are on the same night!

Also, advice to anyone who may get laid off from their job: Early April is this best time to do so; enjoy the wonderful spring weather by day, playoff hockey by night! :blink:

It saddens me so much that both EC Game 7's are on the same night!

Not to mention, they'll pretty much be at the same time....the Rags-Caps are starting at 7, while Devils-Canes start at 7:30. There should be enough of an overlap to see both 3rd periods, but the recall button on my remote will be worn out if they both go to OT.

Miller is better.

Agreed. Miller's numbers are much better the last two playoff seasons.

Archived