PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Matchups are complete, now that Saint Louis has jumped up two spots in the West:

EAST

#1 Boston Bruins vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #7 New York Rangers

#3 New Jersey Devils vs. #6 Carolina Hurricanes

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

WEST

#1 San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Anaheim Ducks

#2 Detroit Red Wings vs. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets

#3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 St. Louis Blues

#4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #5 Calgary Flames

There are some good series there. San Jose-Anaheim could be something to watch (except it will drag past midnight ET for most games), Devils-Canes could be interesting, and the Blues are turning it up at the right time to possibly catch a Vancouver team that, frankly, I don't think that much of. Patrick Kane and the Hawks have home ice against a team with much more playoff experience, and Boston-Montreal should be a good series because it's Boston and Montreal.

Matchups are:

EAST

WEST

The ones I think will prove competitive/interesting in 1st round are;

EAST:

Pens vs. Flyers, Battle of Pennsylvania

Potential upset; Canes over devils

WEST:

Hawks vs. Flames

Potential Upset; Ducks Over Sharks

If the Habs had Markov and Schneider playing, I would pick them to bounce the Bruins easily. I still they can win that series if Bostons D doesn't turn it around. Boston's MO of late has usually been a solid regular season team that always makes an early exit come playoff time. They definitely won't win the East IMO. Besides, I hate them with a passion. I would like to see Washington make some noise.

Darn, the Flyers have a lot of trouble against the Pens. I bet that series goes seven games.

I'll pick Bruins to destroy Montreal

Rangers will do well against Washington. I do not trust Washington's goaltending

And Jersey vs. Carolina will probably be the best series I could care less about

The schedule is out, http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31386 , and the first pucks drop Wednesday night. Does anyone know if MSG will show Rangers games in WNY? (I don't care for the series, particularly; I can't stand the Rangers, and Washington "fanbase" certainly doesn't deserve a Cup, but the more hockey, the better.)

The schedule is out, http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31386 , and the first pucks drop Wednesday night. Does anyone know if MSG will show Rangers games in WNY? (I don't care for the series, particularly; I can't stand the Rangers, and Washington "fanbase" certainly doesn't deserve a Cup, but the more hockey, the better.)

It's fairly hit or miss for when they're on in during the season, but I'm thinking not.

I love watching Hockey Night in Canada in HD on the NHL Network but I'm guessing that they won't be showing any of the playoff games. Maybe TWC in the Buffalo area would be nice enough to add on CBCHD for the 2 months... :thumbsup:

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #7 New York Rangers yes

#3 New Jersey Devils vs. #6 Carolina Hurricanes yes

WEST

#2 Detroit Red Wings vs. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets yes

#4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #5 Calgary Flames yes

Without too much invested and being Monday, there it is folks. You saw it here first. I like upsets in the East and gonna give STL a bone!

I'll be cheering for the following teams...

Boston. I hate Montreal!

Washington. Ovechkin in the playoffs is a good thing.

Tough call but I'll go with New Jersey.

Pittsburgh. F*** Philly fans.

WEST

Anaheim. I'm trying to spare Rivet the pain of "What if..."

Columbus, but they don't stand a prayer.

St. Louis. Long time hockey market which hasn't had a lot of success.

Calgary. Me cheer for a team that has Campbell on it? Not a chance.

This isn't the dirty old Flyers teams of the past. They are a great bunch of players this year. They are the team I wish the Sabres were. I hope they destroy the Pens.

Agreed. And as much as I dislike Flyers fans, I can't let that affect the fact that I really like the team the Flyers have built. I think they will crush Pittsburgh, and if an upset of Boston or Jersey happens, I could easily see the Flyers making it.

I also want Sidney Crosby to get his sh*t wrecked.

This isn't the dirty old Flyers teams of the past. They are a great bunch of players this year. They are the team I wish the Sabres were. I hope they destroy the Pens.
Agreed.

I understand the admiration for the team they've put together -- hard not to like a heart and soul captain like Richards, for starters.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever change the way I feel about that organ-EYE-zation.

I will likely find myself cheering the misery of whichever team is losing.

I've got tickets to Game 1 in Washington tonight and I was excited at first, but as the game gets closer I feel rather sad, dirty, and pathetic. I want drastic changes this offseason. I can't take the crap that comes from Caps "fans" about the Sabres.

Agreed. And as much as I dislike Flyers fans, I can't let that affect the fact that I really like the team the Flyers have built. I think they will crush Pittsburgh, and if an upset of Boston or Jersey happens, I could easily see the Flyers making it.

I also want Sidney Crosby to get his sh*t wrecked.

This may be the ONLY reason I watch this series.

Last I looked, Pitt up 2-0 against Philly in a game where I absolutely despise both teams and, for the most part, their fans. THe ONLY good thing about this game is Biron, and, well, he's the guy down 2-0.

Wish I could look in on NJ-Hartford, but I can't. But I'm very much looking forward to the puck dropping in Vancouver tonight. That series should really be a good one, and while I don't want Vancouver beating its 1970 brother to the Cup, I also don't care that much about either team. I want to enjoy that series--can it go 9 or 11 games, rather than 7?

Here is why the NHL is dying in the US. I have bought Center Ice on-line, I have Versus, and I have NBC (obviously), but I cannot watch any Playoff hockey tonight. Although cable lists Versus as having the Pit vs. Phi game in the schedule, they are showing UFC. You cannot watch any game via CI online through the NHL site and forget about NBC.

You cannot expect your league to be followed if no one can watch it.

Frustrating!!!!!

Here is why the NHL is dying in the US. I have bought Center Ice on-line, I have Versus, and I have NBC (obviously), but I cannot watch any Playoff hockey tonight. Although cable lists Versus as having the Pit vs. Phi game in the schedule, they are showing UFC. You cannot watch any game via CI online through the NHL site and forget about NBC.

You cannot expect your league to be followed if no one can watch it.

Frustrating!!!!!

You don't have the hockey game on Versus?

Weird.

Last I looked, Pitt up 2-0 against Philly in a game where I absolutely despise both teams and, for the most part, their fans. THe ONLY good thing about this game is Biron, and, well, he's the guy down 2-0.

Wish I could look in on NJ-Hartford, but I can't. But I'm very much looking forward to the puck dropping in Vancouver tonight. That series should really be a good one, and while I don't want Vancouver beating its 1970 brother to the Cup, I also don't care that much about either team. I want to enjoy that series--can it go 9 or 11 games, rather than 7?

It's now 4-0 and Pitt is taking it to Philly and I'm fairly surprised. Who would've thunk Pitt would be the ones pushing around the Flyers and consistently winning 1 on 1 battles?

Archived