PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

^^ I have center ice and i love watching the Hawks play. They skate so well. And when they need to slow it up and hit and fight, they are as good as any team in the league. They almost never get out skated or get out hit. Very fun to watch. But Flames are giving them a good fight. This next 40+ minutes should be real good.

Does anyone else think that watching a game at MSG is like what it would look like if they built an ice rink in a prison? The lighting is dingy, the colors are always muted, and there are all those bars along the sideboards. Are they trying to keep the players on the ice or the crowd off of it? HSBC is way better.

The Youngblood effect

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfg3nOAAfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfg3nOAAfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^ I have center ice and i love watching the Hawks play. They skate so well. And when they need to slow it up and hit and fight, they are as good as any team in the league. They almost never get out skated or get out hit. Very fun to watch. But Flames are giving them a good fight. This next 40+ minutes should be real good.

I'm really glad that the Blackhawks-Flames game is on in full tonight, too. (But can I last to the third period? Probably not.)

Does anyone else think that watching a game at MSG is like what it would look like if they built an ice rink in a prison? The lighting is dingy, the colors are always muted, and there are all those bars along the sideboards. Are they trying to keep the players on the ice or the crowd off of it? HSBC is way better.

Ever been in the corridors at MSG? They make the corridors at the Aud look spacious. Still, the sightlines in that rink are surprisingly good, and the crowd at the game I went to (against the Sabs, in early 2001) was largely respectful of Sabres fans. I do think the crowd was a little disengaged, though (see Swamp's comment).

agreed. and if they play like this next game, I could see this going to 7.

and btw, not to rehash the wood vs. composite stick thing, but I've never seen so many sticks breaking resulting in slashing penalties than I have in the first round of the playoffs so far. There have been at least 3 or 4 in this Chicago game alone.

I go to just as many Sabres' games at MSG as I do at HSBC. It's not even close. The atmosphere at HSBC is WAY better, Unless of course you like watching hockey next to some douche in a three piece suit, talking on his cell phone while eating sushi(yes, that happened).

mmm Sushi.. Sushi and hockey.. sounds great.

mmm Sushi.. Sushi and hockey.. sounds great.

shh...Don't let LQ hear you! Maybe the slug is really just an F 'd up peice of Sashimi (raw fish no rice).

On the other hand, They already play the emotion of raw dead fish, why not serve it as well.

Last night's Chicago-Calgary game was hot. A REALLY good hockey game. The 08-09 Sabres would never have stood up to either team. I'm looking forward to Wednesday's game. Before the game last night I still didn't have a favorite in this series, but afterwards I think I'm favoring Calgary. Iginla makes a good captain.

Last night's Chicago-Calgary game was hot. A REALLY good hockey game. The 08-09 Sabres would never have stood up to either team. I'm looking forward to Wednesday's game. Before the game last night I still didn't have a favorite in this series, but afterwards I think I'm favoring Calgary. Iginla makes a good captain.

While I was watching that game I thought the same thing. Both teams wanted it bad. Great game to watch, but B-lo wouldn't have had a chance. Hits were too hard, and not alot of space to move with the puck before someone was on them.

While I was watching that game I thought the same thing. Both teams wanted it bad. Great game to watch, but B-lo wouldn't have had a chance. Hits were too hard, and not alot of space to move with the puck before someone was on them.

I don't really think that's too fair to say. The Sabres are a huge disappointment but they have had several big games and many times have showed they could play with the big boys. It wasn't their play against the big clubs that was their epic fail though, it was our horrid record against the weak clubs that why we kept fighting for 8th place. Could the Sabres beat the Hawks or Flames in a 7 game series? Probably not. But could we win 2 or maybe even 3 games? Sure.

I don't really think that's too fair to say. The Sabres are a huge disappointment but they have had several big games and many times have showed they could play with the big boys. It wasn't their play against the big clubs that was their epic fail though, it was our horrid record against the weak clubs that why we kept fighting for 8th place. Could the Sabres beat the Hawks or Flames in a 7 game series? Probably not. But could we win 2 or maybe even 3 games? Sure.

And I think that's exactly his point, that there's no way the Sabres could have hung with teams like this all season long. We have the fortune of playing Eastern Conference hockey, which has not been as hard hitting in the playoffs this year than the West Coast by a mile. If we were in the West, I have no doubt this team would have been sitting in last place.

The Chicago - Calgary series has been fantastic. I was hoping after the first game of Vancouver - St. Louis that that series would follow the same trend but it hasn't. Either way, I didn't expect Chicago to have a chance against Calgary, but they do, and I want this series to go to 7, because it's hockey that I can't take my eyes off of.

Oh and Cam Barker :wub:

But that is kind of the point. Why would they only win 2(ish) games in the series, and in my opinion it is because they don't have the physical aspects to hold up in a 7 game series with a team that is hitting as hard as they are AND have the skills to match. Sure they might get up for a game or 2, but overall the sabres at their very best would be a good game against 'em. The Hawks or Flames at there very best beats Buff everytime.

What D-man is going to knock Toews off the puck, which one of our forwards can win a fight in the corner with Phaneuf? Besides Vanek who can score a goal scorers goal against Kipp? I would love to see how the sabres could do, but I just doubt what they have right now because they haven't showed me otherwise.

Which of the early games are people waiting for tonight?

Red Wings/Jackets

Pens/Flyers

Devils/Canes

Canucks/Blues

I personally am looking for Flyers and Pens. I think that series is going the distance. But i'm really looking forward to the 1030 game.... Ducks and Sharks might kill each other tonight. lol

Which of the early games are people waiting for tonight?

Red Wings/Jackets SWEEP

Pens/Flyers GO PENS - DIE PHILLY!

Devils/Canes Pretty much hate both teams, but I have the Canes in my parlay. Need to even it up tonight.

Canucks/Blues SWEEP. Blues kept it close (on the scoreboard) but not the series. Mckee is a shadow of himself out there. Luongo is very good!

I finish typing this, and they pot one to make it 2-1.. Maybe they have some life?

6 minutes and they are attacking like hell. Thats a lot of time for one of those last second Danny Briere goals.... haha

Fluery is playing really sharp though so idk.

WOW :blink: .2 sec what a heart breaker for NJ !!!!!!

A little controversy on the goal too .... Brodeur was bumped (while outside the crease) a few moments before the screened point shot went in. Looked like intentional incidental contact .... Brodeur was not happy afterwards (throwing the stick, bashing the stick against the boards - not in that order - and generally being classy).

Archived