PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

I hate NJ but I feel sorry for them. I could see that happening to Buffalo. One could say they lost "buffalo style."

I'm sorry, but a playoff without the Devils is a better playoff.

As much as I hate the canes as an organization, they're much more fun to watch than paint drying.. err.. i mean, the Devils.

I hate NJ but I feel sorry for them. I could see that happening to Buffalo. One could say they lost "buffalo style."

Same with Philly. They've been a no-show from what I've been able to see of that series.

Ugh.

I actually like the Devils...Brodeur is one of my favorite hockey players. Trying to look at it objectively (hating the Canes doesn't help, either), I think Brodeur had an argument. Doesn't matter whether Jokinen did it intentionally, it should have been a penalty.

There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I will EVER feel sorry for NJ. Live by the no-call, die by the no-call. The team that clutches, grabs, hooks, holds, interferes, etc, more than any other team and NEVER gets called for it, the same team that almost single handedly killed hockey because of it's boring style, and forced rule changes because of it, is now complaining because of a borderline call anyway. I hate the Canes, but I hate the Devils more and you have to respect the way the Canes fought at the end of the season to get in. Last nights win was not luck.

There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I will EVER feel sorry for NJ. Live by the no-call, die by the no-call. The team that clutches, grabs, hooks, holds, interferes, etc, more than any other team and NEVER gets called for it, the same team that almost single handedly killed hockey because of it's boring style, and forced rule changes because of it, is now complaining because of a borderline call anyway. I hate the Canes, but I hate the Devils more and you have to respect the way the Canes fought at the end of the season to get in. Last nights win was not luck.

I really dislike NJ don't get me wrong, but I will forever wish illness and plague against the 'Canes. It is funny because I don't think Blo and Carolina have a great rivalry or anything. I think it is just pure hate.... (and jealousy :cry: )

You're right....Jokinen clearly tried to interfere with Brodeur and happened to get away with it.

I agree 100%

One point to keep in mind about Montreal, they have at times booed the Canadian National anthem and on mass sat as it was played. No matter the local, most unfortunate it does happen and those involved deserve nothing but scorn.

Great couple of games for tonight with Rangers - Washington, Calgary - Chicago.

Well, Saint Louis is out. Message is, karma is a bitch; don't boo anthems. Montreal, you're next.

Ugh.

I actually like the Devils...Brodeur is one of my favorite hockey players. Trying to look at it objectively (hating the Canes doesn't help, either), I think Brodeur had an argument. Doesn't matter whether Jokinen did it intentionally, it should have been a penalty.

Intent doesn't really play into the rules, as they are written. It's incidental contact, or "otherwise." Incidental contact is never a penalty. It will negate a goal, however, if it occurs in the crease.

Gotta love the NHL rules. Can you imagine being tasked with putting them into written form? No wonder they are so murky, even obtuse. Did you know if a goalie is, in effect, clearing his own crease -- moving an attacker player who's in the crease out of the way -- and a goal is scored, the goal does not count?

Would I be the only person who LOVES those third Philly jerseys they wore last night???

I also enjoy them. I watched them play a game against the leafs, in Toronto, wearing those jerseys. It was nice to see Toronto in whites at home, and Philly in the retro oranges.

Hawks and Flames is a great game for anyone still up and bored. 4-4 hockey game. Flames were up 4-1. 15min to go in the 3rd. Game is on versus.

This game is terrific. I don't really want the series to end. Every game has been hockey the way it's meant to be played.

Archived