[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

So in other words bring the jersey but leave it in the bag? I'm sure my brother (lives down there) will convince me not to wear it.

I remember a Sabres game last year, two fans came in with big backpacks. Everyone looked at them strangely as they reached into their bags and pulled out two Sens jerseys. They got yelled at big time, they looked a bit scared and left after the first period.

Come on, Ink, it's MIAMI ... is he going to get attacked by a fan disguised as an empty seat? 30% of the crowd will be from Buffalo anyway.

I agree... don't be a wuss, freaking wear your Bills gear or don't go. Usually as long as you are polite, the polite locals will be nice to you and ignore the ones that aren't, just don't be an a$$ and you'll be fine. Let them be the ones who look foolish.

I wore my jeresy and full gear to Pittsburgh in the playoffs after the comeback game and was fine, I had to put up with a lot of comments and jerks but as long as you don't respond like an a$$, you're fine. Trust me, Pittsburgh has real fans and is much much scarier than Miami... wear your stuff!

If I was the Bills DC, I'd line a LB (K Mitchell) up on Chad Pennnington when he is in the WR slot for the wildcat. As soon as the ball is snapped I'd lay a viscious hit on Chad (within the first 5-yds) each and everytime until they stop exposing their QB to the punishment. Use the CB to rush the passer and shadow Ronnie Brown.

If I was the Bills DC, I'd line a LB (K Mitchell) up on Chad Pennnington when he is in the WR slot for the wildcat. As soon as the ball is snapped I'd lay a viscious hit on Chad (within the first 5-yds) each and everytime until they stop exposing their QB to the punishment. Use the CB to rush the passer and shadow Ronnie Brown.

Not that it's right but I wouldn't doubt a penatly being called in that situation for unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct.

Its pretty hard to lay a vicious hit someone who knows its coming and it'd also take him totally out of whatever play is going on...

Anyway, the people in Miami aren't nearly as ruthless (classless) to other fans as some of the over-consumed buffalonians. Talking trash and mouthing off is fine in my book, but spitting on people and throwing beer is another. We've all seen it. Anyway, really unlikely to happen in Miami, especially with nice weather and people are generally happy. Also as mentioned before, the stadium, though their attendance is way better this year, is pretty empty you could probably move around a bit if you were getting harassed too much anyway.

Its pretty hard to lay a vicious hit someone who knows its coming and it'd also take him totally out of whatever play is going on...

I'm guessing he wouldn't expect it the first time. He's not really running a route from what I've seen and doesn't venture too far from the line of scrimmage. He takes a few steps and stops. Just like Favre did against Oakland. Although Favre actually got about 10 yards down field. I honestly believe that the HC would have his heart in his throat if he saw a linebacker line up at the line of scrimmage immediately across from his QB. I'd bet he could get some shots in that would be within the legal scheme of the game. Pancake him a time or two and that would be it. Think about it, do you really want your QB handfighting a LB at the line of scrimmage? Just knock him on his keester a few times and see what happens. Heck it might even tempt Ronnie to try and throw to Chad. I'd take my chances with a Mitchell covering Pennington all day.

I agree... don't be a wuss, freaking wear your Bills gear or don't go. Usually as long as you are polite, the polite locals will be nice to you and ignore the ones that aren't, just don't be an a$$ and you'll be fine. Let them be the ones who look foolish.

I wore my jeresy and full gear to Pittsburgh in the playoffs after the comeback game and was fine, I had to put up with a lot of comments and jerks but as long as you don't respond like an a$$, you're fine. Trust me, Pittsburgh has real fans and is much much scarier than Miami... wear your stuff!

Some of the San Diego fans at the Ralph last Sunday took a lot of abuse from the guys in front of me, but proudly wore their LT jerseys and stuck it out.....until Mitchell's INT. :chris:

As for those Sens fans, that's a little wimpy to me. They hide their jerseys until they come into the arena, then leave after the 1st period??? I hope they just moved to the far reaches of the 300 level, as that would have been a waste of money....even Canadian money.

I'd line a LB (K Mitchell) up on Chad Pennnington
Think about it, do you really want your QB handfighting a LB at the line of scrimmage? Just knock him on his keester a few times and see what happens.

I'm guessing the Bills might need that LB actually involved in the run play as their is an extra tackle on the field. Moving a LB completely out of the play would be exactly what Miami would want.

I'm guessing the Bills might need that LB actually involved in the run play as their is an extra tackle on the field. Moving a LB completely out of the play would be exactly what Miami would want.

Yeah maybe. I thought of that. It's a risk reward strategy. That's why you need to move the CB into the shadow role. Again, I come down to the idea that you won't have to do it all game. If you gain ten yards on the rush, but your QB is getting abused, any sensible HC would back out of it. A QB lined up in an eligble position is no longer entitled to the QB safeguards imposed on the game. He's just a 7M dollar receiver at that point without the receiver skills. Miami runs more than they throw from the wildcat. That allows you to also gamble with the FS.

I rarely get to go to my favorite teams home games let alone away games but based on how I see Buffalo fans treat the enemy, I would really have to hesitate brandishing the enemies gear. I know bad incidents are few and far between but why chance it?

I completely agree inkman. It kind of is a shame that you cannot go watch your team on the road anymore in peace.

I agree with Ink, I want Mitchell worrying about stopping the play. The Ravens shut it down last week and Miami basically had to abandon it. And really, is Pennington such a threat that they need to take him out of the game with a borderline cheap shot? he can't move or throw deep ... cover tight and tee off ... I am much more worried about brown breaking a big one than I am Pennington beating them.

I completely agree inkman. It kind of is a shame that you cannot go watch your team on the road anymore in peace.

Come on, I wore Sabres gear to a Flyers home game two years ago. If I can do that, how bad could Miami be? I did the same at Carolina, but that was the initial rape-and-pillage game (ECF game 1) so they might not be as friendly now. Most of the people were pretty cool about it*.

* When I parked my car, the guy across from me said (in a perfect Southern drawl), "You sure did drive a long way to see your team lose." My reply was, "Nah, I live near Philly so it was only a 8 hour drive, not 13.".

So here is what Baltimore did against the Wildcat:

From the Buffalo News:

"Baltimore pulled a safety off the field and replaced him with a linebacker last week for a 4-4-3 look against the Wildcat and the fast and athletic Ravens were able to smother Brown."

Interesting idea... Too bad we are thin at LB... Maybe Buffalo's solution is to commit Whitner to a run-first responsibility and bring him closer to the line of scrimmage.

What a disaster. Pissed away a third-quarter lead on some shaky blocking, failure to secure the ball, and failure to block Joey Porter. The defense couldn't cover Ted Ginn, who came in with 20 catches for 177 yards on the year, and somehow torches our secondary for 7-145 today. We couldn't get near Pennington for most of the game, and Trent had a rough game, which is to be expected now and then from a young QB but still stings.

On the day we lose a division game, the Jests and P*ts pull out wins. :doh:

Oh, and quick update - Robert Royal still sucks.

What a disaster. Pissed away a third-quarter lead on some shaky blocking, failure to secure the ball, and failure to block Joey Porter. The defense couldn't cover Ted Ginn, who came in with 20 catches for 177 yards on the year, and somehow torches our secondary for 7-145 today. We couldn't get near Pennington for most of the game, and Trent had a rough game, which is to be expected now and then from a young QB but still stings.

On the day we lose a division game, the Jests and P*ts pull out wins. :doh:

Oh, and quick update - Robert Royal still sucks.

Ginn went off for 7-175... If it was 7-145 maybe it wouldn't have been so bad :rolleyes:

Ginn went off for 7-175... If it was 7-145 maybe it wouldn't have been so bad :rolleyes:

Looks like you're right. I got the 7-145 from the AP story posted on Yahoo last night, but it looks like it was updated/edited.

Either way it's still unacceptable. If McGee was too banged up to cover him the coaching staff needed to make an adjustment and move McKelvin or Greer over to Ginn.

Marshawn has a new neighbor!

10/27/08 06:28 AM

Erie County Real Estate Transactions

Following are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Erie County clerk?s office for the week ending Sept. 12.

HAMBURG

? 5295 Briercliff Drive, Eric S. Moulds to Leodis McKelvin, $519,900.

Marshawn has a new neighbor!

10/27/08 06:28 AM

Erie County Real Estate Transactions

Following are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Erie County clerk?s office for the week ending Sept. 12.

HAMBURG

? 5295 Briercliff Drive, Eric S. Moulds to Leodis McKelvin, $519,900.

I wonder how many square feet this house had. Must have had at least 3000-3500.

I went to the game in Miami...

- What a comedy of errors...the ball being snapped over the punters head, turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, bad replay challenge, leaving an injured CB in the game despite the fact that he clearly couldn't cover anyone, etc...

-Miami fans walking out of the stadium like they had won the super bowl...seriously! What a bunch of tools. <_<

-The only good thing about the game was the weather. It was completely overcast, temp around 80 and a nice breeze(I would have baked in the sun).

Archived