[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

Sorry but i'm not as knowledgeable on football as I am on hockey, but does this mean Evans is the 2nd highest paid WR behind Fitzgerald? Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison all make less? Doesn't make sense... lol

NFL contracts are largely a joke because not all the money is guaranteed and a lot of the backend money is inflated to make the agent look good. If you go strictly by average per year (not advisable) then Evans is fourth behind Fitzgerald, Harrison and Steve Smith.

I like the Bills this week in a shootout...Buffalo 31 Arizona 27.

If its gonna be a shootout, based on Arizona's performance last week it will probably end up being more like 42-38. Not sure if the numbers add up but oh well. If Boldin is still out I expect the Bills to pull one of their usual late game comebacks. It would just be nice to be able to dominate and not have to look back. Like week 1.

NFL contracts are largely a joke because not all the money is guaranteed and a lot of the backend money is inflated to make the agent look good. If you go strictly by average per year (not advisable) then Evans is fourth behind Fitzgerald, Harrison and Steve Smith.

If it's only a 4 year deal, it seems like a safe bet that Evans sees every penny, except for some incentives that may be built in.

Sorry but i'm not as knowledgeable on football as I am on hockey, but does this mean Evans is the 2nd highest paid WR behind Fitzgerald? Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison all make less? Doesn't make sense... lol

Anquan Bolden and Roy Williams are UFA after this season. Lee Evans will be below both.

If it's only a 4 year deal, it seems like a safe bet that Evans sees every penny, except for some incentives that may be built in.

Good point and that does seem to be a new trend in contrats because of the ever increasing salary cap.

The point I was trying to make, however, is that its difficult to compare contracts because its really about the guaranteed money and what terms have to be fulfilled to earn that guarantee.

Also, like Inkman says, after the next round of contracts, Evans will likely end up around tenth.

Good point and that does seem to be a new trend in contrats because of the ever increasing salary cap.

The point I was trying to make, however, is that its difficult to compare contracts because its really about the guaranteed money and what terms have to be fulfilled to earn that guarantee.

Also, like Inkman says, after the next round of contracts, Evans will likely end up around tenth.

The Bills had to do what it took to keep the guy in town. Buffalo needs to add a very good slot receiver. If they have whoever that may be, Evans, Parrish, and Hardy, a lot of argument on him so lets stay away from it, the Bills passing game would be through the roof. They just need to get the running game going!

They just need to get the running game going!

The running game would be in better shapre right now if Jason Peters had followed Lee Evans way of contract negotiation - go to OTAs, go to training camp, play in preseason, play well during the season, get contract. :wallbash:

The running game would be in better shapre right now if Jason Peters had followed Lee Evans way of contract negotiation - go to OTAs, go to training camp, play in preseason, play well during the season, get contract. :wallbash:

The running game would be in better shape right now if Jason Peters' agent wasn't looking to make a big splash.

I know it's been popular to make Peters into the whipping boy, but honestly folks, our ability to run isn't his fault. Buffalo wants to run between the tackles and quite frankly the guards and center are underperforming. You can't pin that on Peters. Now if you want to talk about his footwork on pass blocking, lay all the blame you want on him there. He has been beat in each game he has played this year that has led to a costly sack...... oh yeah.. IMHO..

I know it's been popular to make Peters into the whipping boy, but honestly folks, our ability to run isn't his fault. Buffalo wants to run between the tackles and quite frankly the guards and center are underperforming. You can't pin that on Peters. Now if you want to talk about his footwork on pass blocking, lay all the blame you want on him there. He has been beat in each game he has played this year that has led to a costly sack...... oh yeah.. IMHO..

Well said. They're having success on the outside, but they aren't taking advantage of it.

So who has picked up their antenna for Sunday's game! Channel 4 of the air.

I had an old pair of rabbit ears in the basement. Considering TW offered to reimburse people up to $20 if they buy their own antenna, I have no idea why people were standing in line for a free pair or even worse at the West Seneca office where the line of cars was backed up as they had a "drive thru" operation while gas is at $4 a gallon.

I'm in Atlanta, so I'm watching on DirecTV. For those that don't know, Edwards got destroyed on the third play and suffered a concussion and is out for the rest of the game. Losman has come in and started out as bad Losman with a fumble that directly turned into 7 points for the Cardinals, then he reverted back to deep throw Losman by connecting on an 87 yard pass with Lee Evans for a TD and then ran a score in just after the two minute warning. So, it's 21-14 Arizona and they've got the ball driving with less than 2 minutes to go. Hope it helps for those in Buffalo with Time Warner Cable.

I'm in Atlanta, so I'm watching on DirecTV. For those that don't know, Edwards got destroyed on the third play and suffered a concussion and is out for the rest of the game. Losman has come in and started out as bad Losman with a fumble that directly turned into 7 points for the Cardinals, then he reverted back to deep throw Losman by connecting on an 87 yard pass with Lee Evans for a TD and then ran a score in just after the two minute warning. So, it's 21-14 Arizona and they've got the ball driving with less than 2 minutes to go. Hope it helps for those in Buffalo with Time Warner Cable.

I know there are a lot of anti-JP people on here who will howl in protest, but that fumble was not on JP or Marshawn. Melvin Fowler, our resident turnstile center, completely whiffed on his block, allowing the NG to meet JP and Marshawn right as they tried to exchange the ball on the handoff.

Defense is absolutely sucking ass right now. They need to make some big-time adjustments at the half.

I know there are a lot of anti-JP people on here who will howl in protest, but that fumble was not on JP or Marshawn. Melvin Fowler, our resident turnstile center, completely whiffed on his block, allowing the NG to meet JP and Marshawn right as they tried to exchange the ball on the handoff.

Defense is absolutely sucking ass right now. They need to make some big-time adjustments at the half.

Seriously, our offense is going to do okay without Trent. But our D needs to show the hell up.

For me, I'm not anti-Losman per se. He's got some solid skills, but he has had a tendency to make bad decisions, and hold onto the ball too long and eventually takes sacks. But he's got a big arm and is mobile. With the way Edwards has played thus far this year, I'm definitely in the Edwards camp, but I don't have a problem with Losman as the backup so long as he can be effective. I'm interested to see how Schonert will adjust. I think he's very smart and knows what each guy brings and will adjust his game plan to take advantage of each player's strengths. We'll see.

No matter what, the defense needs to play much much better than how they are playing now. Agreed 100%

For me, I'm not anti-Losman per se. He's got some solid skills, but he has had a tendency to make bad decisions, and hold onto the ball too long and eventually takes sacks. But he's got a big arm and is mobile. With the way Edwards has played thus far this year, I'm definitely in the Edwards camp, but I don't have a problem with Losman as the backup so long as he can be effective. I'm interested to see how Schonert will adjust. I think he's very smart and knows what each guy brings and will adjust his game plan to take advantage of each player's strengths. We'll see.

No matter what, the defense needs to play much much better than how they are playing now. Agreed 100%

I've always been a fan of JP, based on his raw skills - big arms, mobility, etc. I think the Bills fugged up his development from the get-go, but that's another thread for another time. I do like what we've seen out of Trent this year, and agree that this is his team and offense now.

All that aside - I think JP has done pretty much what we could have hoped for - a passing TD, a rushing TD, 7/8 passing. The defense has been a major disappointment, the entire team did not look ready from the outset of the game, and the team has looked out-coached for the vast majority of today's game.

EDIT: As I type this JP makes his first mistake of the day, holds the ball too long and coughs it up on the big hit. Matters not, though - this defense cannot stop anyone today.

Buffalo sports fans JOLTED back to reality today...

Losman holds onto the ball too long again. And why is Jauron such a conservative coach? Has even challenged a play this year?

I won't say the Bills lost this game because Losman is in it because the defense hasn't helped the cause much, but that last fumble is not a fumble that Edwards would make cause he would get rid of the ball and not hold onto it for that long.

Losman holds onto the ball too long again. And why is Jauron such a conservative coach? Has even challenged a play this year?

I won't say the Bills lost this game because Losman is in it because the defense hasn't helped the cause much, but that last fumble is not a fumble that Edwards would make cause he would get rid of the ball and not hold onto it for that long.

And the game was 34-17 BEFORE that fumble. It was a mistake that maybe he makes, maybe he doesn't if he's been playing more. Overall, it means nothing.

They could have had Montana in his prime at QB today and still would have lost. The D has been that bad.

Archived