[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

And the game was 34-17 BEFORE that fumble. It was a mistake that maybe he makes, maybe he doesn't if he's been playing more. Overall, it means nothing.

They could have had Montana in his prime at QB today and still would have lost. The D has been that bad.

Not saying the Bills comeback from 17 down, but with the way Edwards has played the last few games, especially in the fourth quarter, I at least had a glimmer of hope that he would get hot and score some points in the fourth to win the game. Especially when it's like the first play of the fourth quarter that Losman fumbles it. Again, I'm not putting this loss on Losman, but there are some things that Losman does not bring that Edwards does and that's calm and cool in the pocket and the ability to get rid of the ball quickly. And as I write this, the offensive line has decided to stop playing and Losman is sacked twice.

Not saying the Bills comeback from 17 down, but with the way Edwards has played the last few games, especially in the fourth quarter, I at least had a glimmer of hope that he would get hot and score some points in the fourth to win the game. Especially when it's like the first play of the fourth quarter that Losman fumbles it. Again, I'm not putting this loss on Losman, but there are some things that Losman does not bring that Edwards does and that's calm and cool in the pocket and the ability to get rid of the ball quickly. And as I write this, the offensive line has decided to stop playing and Losman is sacked twice.

Would not have mattered one bit if Trent was in there. Not one bit. This defense has made ONE stop all game. Arizona has moved the ball at will on them all afternoon.

Trent could have come in, had a perfect game and they still would have lost by 14.

It's a good thing the Bills have next weekend off. Hopefully Edwards and other players who are out will be ready to go for the San Diego game. You know the Chargers are going to be hungry for a win. They, too, lost yesterday.

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen a Bills defense play that bad before. Arizon was 4 for 4 on their drives in the first half!

Well we had to lose at some point, might as well be a non divisional conference game.

I didn't expect them, to win. It's a tough trip to make, and the Cards losses in Washington and NY are evidence of that. I didn't expect TE to get hurt, though. Hopefully he'll be ok for SD.

It's a good thing the Bills have next weekend off. Hopefully Edwards and other players who are out will be ready to go for the San Diego game. You know the Chargers are going to be hungry for a win. They, too, lost yesterday.

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen a Bills defense play that bad before. Arizon was 4 for 4 on their drives in the first half!

Let's hope they get that win next week. ;) The last time the defense played that bad? There was a game at Candlestick where a guy named Kelly and a guy named Young played in a game without a punt... The Card's offense is in that class. Too bad ours isn't.

Game thoughts...

-No sacks & no turnovers against Warner. In fact I believe the only time he was hit was when Mitchell bloodied his chin.

-Same old JP. One trick pony(the bomb to Evans).

-I'm not sure what was worse. No pressure on Warner or the inability to cover the short routes.

-This OL is terrible in terms of run blocking. No excuses this year boys. Same 5 from last year...same result. When was the last time you said..."look at that hole Lynch just ran through!".

-The Bills are paying Evans the big bucks. Now someone tell the coaches they need to get him the ball more than 4 or 5 times a game.

-Another slow start and this time there was no 4th quarter comeback.

Other than the one obvious difference, would anyone even notice at this point of Jason and Andrew Peters swapped teams?

And Jason Peters wanted more money. What a joke. I'm glad management ignored the guy. I wonder how much longer the excuse of him getting back into the swing of things will last.

I wonder how Jason would do on skates... <_<

And Jason Peters wanted more money. What a joke. I'm glad management ignored the guy. I wonder how much longer the excuse of him getting back into the swing of things will last.

I wonder how Jason would do on skates... <_<

I expect him to have a strong game against San Diego. We'll see.

I expect him to have a strong game against San Diego. We'll see.

I hope so. I'm going to the Bills game in Miami and I'd like them to be 5-1. I'd also, but it's questionable, like to see Edwards play. Mainly because he's the hopeful next Kelly, but I'd also like to see the guy in person. It feels kind of weird seeing a player or coach in person when you've only seen them on TV. I went to Mississippi State, and Florida was ranked number 3 or so. It was incredible to watch Steve Spurrier, in person, slam his clipboard on the groud, after we upset them in 2000. It didn't seem real.

I haven't been to a regular season Bills game in 16 years! Grew up as a Military brat. So I am counting down the days!

I think its pretty astounding to see how poorly organized the offense looked without edwards. Take away the 80 yard deep ball and you end up with a lot of 3 and outs and one good hurry-up drive at the end of the 2nd against a cardinal defense that gave up 56 points to the Jets.

Saying that the loss last sunday is placed solely on the defense. can't give up points on the first four drives and expect to win.

I think its pretty astounding to see how poorly organized the offense looked without edwards. Take away the 80 yard deep ball and you end up with a lot of 3 and outs and one good hurry-up drive at the end of the 2nd against a cardinal defense that gave up 56 points to the Jets.

Saying that the loss last sunday is placed solely on the defense. can't give up points on the first four drives and expect to win.

Your comment about the offense sounds just like the offense in the first half of the previous two games.

Your comment about the offense sounds just like the offense in the first half of the previous two games.

i know - but these blue and red glasses and my man-crush on Trent Edwards makes my post make perfect sense. Want to try them on? I have an extra pair or two...

Not me. That's the beauty of pessimism. :thumbsup:

Everyone's different. I prefer to be optimistic. Easier to keep a smile on your face knowing there's always another season or whatever else you have on your mind.

KCTV channel 5 in Kansas City is reporting Bills and KC deal is almost done.... Tony Gonzalez to Buffalo for a 3rd and 6th round pick. If true, this is HUGE for the Bills.

NFL.com said the Chiefs were negotiating w/ the Giants. The Bill were not mentioned, but I would extatic if the Bills acquired him. He's only 32 and Buffalo hasn't had a good TE in a long time.

Archived