[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

Thanks, Taro. That's a much better explanation than "that's the rule," which is the extent of the explanations I've seen here and elsewhere. The bold part is my biggest issue with the whole thing - it just doesn't seem right that he can step out of bounds on purpose and touch a ball that appeared to be staying in play, and in the process the kicking team is penalized.

The '01 Patsie game you mentioned - was that the old "Just give it to 'em" game?

"Just give it to 'em" was 1998 or 1999 and in new England .... the Bills were good. In 2001 it was a home game and the Bills sucked but it was just one of the many crazy breaks the Pats got on their way to that first Super Bowl win.

The '01 Patsie game you mentioned - was that the old "Just give it to 'em" game?

No. It was the game in Buffalo that went to OT and it looked like the Bills had gotten a turnover in OT, but the ref ruled (correctly, but extremely farcically) that the Bills didn't get the ball because the unconscious guy was part of the sideline and the ball was touching the sideline when it brushed against him. Shortly thereafter the Pats* broke a big run down near the goalline and Vinatieri hit a chip shot for the win.

Without that win, the Pats* would have been a wildcard and we probably never would have heard about the tuck-rule or any other Cheater-related mythology.

Getting arrested for having sex in a bathroom? That's harsh.

"The call came out early in the third quarter Sunday to investigate numerous complaints of a commotion in a ladies? restroom across from Section 336 in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It didn?t take security officers long to figure out the cause of what police later called a ?public disturbance? in the restroom.

A woman, law enforcement officials said Monday, was having sex with her boyfriend in a bathroom stall.

The couple was arrested, two of 37 people arrested at the stadium by Orchard Park police and Erie County sheriff?s deputies before, during and after Sunday?s Bills-Jets game.

Police charged Alicia A. Venneman, 29, of Northville, in the southern Adirondacks, with disorderly conduct.

They also charged a man whom police identified as her boyfriend, Jeramy H. Kemper, 31, of Mayfield, with tres-

passing and resisting arrest. "

?Disturbance? at Ralph was couple having sex in ladies' restroom

Getting arrested for having sex in a bathroom? That's harsh.

"The call came out early in the third quarter Sunday to investigate numerous complaints of a commotion in a ladies? restroom across from Section 336 in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It didn?t take security officers long to figure out the cause of what police later called a ?public disturbance? in the restroom.

A woman, law enforcement officials said Monday, was having sex with her boyfriend in a bathroom stall.

The couple was arrested, two of 37 people arrested at the stadium by Orchard Park police and Erie County sheriff?s deputies before, during and after Sunday?s Bills-Jets game.

Police charged Alicia A. Venneman, 29, of Northville, in the southern Adirondacks, with disorderly conduct.

They also charged a man whom police identified as her boyfriend, Jeramy H. Kemper, 31, of Mayfield, with tres-

passing and resisting arrest. "

?Disturbance? at Ralph was couple having sex in ladies' restroom

Jeez, a lot of Canadians getting arrested. That can't be good. I think the definition of a true nightmare is to get arrested in a foreign country. I know it's the 51st state, just kidding, but you don't have the same safeguards when you are on foreign soil..

I find it extremely disturbing that a percentage of people use the Bills games as a function to act like a drunken slob, etc. I think the first game I have ever been to was a Monday night in the early 80's verse the Steelers with my grandfather, father, and brother. Why have memories ruined by a degenerate like we read about week after week. Have some sense of social responsibility. Disgusting in my opinion.

Thank god we dont read about this about every Sabre game....

Here we go again, Bills/Pats. I hope the Bills watched the Sabres last night, thats all I got to say...........for now. <_<

The Bills only need remember the last time they played... There should be plenty of motivation there..

I've been waiting for this rematch ever since the game last year. If ever a team was due for a payback, this is the game and this is the week. It isn't overly dramatic to say if the Bills lose today, their post season hopes could vanish. If Buffalo had beaten the Jets and Fins, I suspect this game would have gone into the automatic loss column. Now Buffalo is desperate and has that game tape from last year to watch.

I know it is the fan in me, but I think this game goes one of two ways today: either a Buffalo blow-out win or blow-out loss. I just don't see this as being a close 4th quarter decision. You want to take the step to the next level, look no further than today's opponent.

I dread the Patriots, every time. I feel this will be no better.

Buffalo has three house of horror: @PIT, @KC and @NE... Doesn't matter what quality of team we have/had, these games turn out just plain ugly... So if history is our judge, this will be another ugly game. I just want to hope against hope that Buffalo rises up and pays back NE for their last meeting in Buffalo. I have got have some to keep me going...

Hell it goes further than that.. I want to 'Wilfork' their QB.. See that he admitted to the Commish that his hit on JP was illegal?

I really loved him standing there like a frigging robot after the refs didn't see the flag.

If I owned the team I would be up and down my GM right this second..If you cant get a coach that can manage a game you will be finding a new job soon..That timeout abomination at the end of the half was embarassing..Belichek must be laughing his ass off at Jauron..

Archived