[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

3-13

The Bills are lucky they get to play the Chiefs again. I doubt the schedule makers will load all the softer opponents in the early part of the schedule again. The Bills will be out of the playoff race real early next season. But hey, at least they have "continuity" which I guess means they will "continue" to suck for the rest of their limited days in Buffalo.

I truly hope all those that declared they would not renew their season tickets live up to their word. My wish for 2009 is that the total value of season tickets canceled is more than the value of Coach contract.

IMO, Ralph's decision to keep Jauron & Co is just as bad as the Sabres failing to re-sign Drury and/or Briere (or at least bringing in players to replace them). The difference between the Bills & Sabres is that the Sabres have one of the best coaches in the NHL, the Bills have one of the worst in the NFL.

At this point, I'm cancelling the NFL Sunday ticket. I guess the only thing that can change my mind is who we pick up in FA & in the draft.

IMO, Ralph's decision to keep Jauron & Co is just as bad as the Sabres failing to re-sign Drury and/or Briere (or at least bringing in players to replace them). The difference between the Bills & Sabres is that the Sabres have one of the best coaches in the NHL, the Bills have one of the worst in the NFL.

At this point, I'm cancelling the NFL Sunday ticket. I guess the only thing that can change my mind is who we pick up in FA & in the draft.

There isn't enough talent in the draft or in free agency to idiot proof this team for Jauron. The Bills may not have the most talented team in the NFL. Talent was not the reason the Bills are not playing a playoff game this weekend. The sole reason is Coach Dick and his inability to manage the clock and time outs. This team would have been in the playoffs with at least average coaching.

There isn't enough talent in the draft or in free agency to idiot proof this team for Jauron. The Bills may not have the most talented team in the NFL. Talent was not the reason the Bills are not playing a playoff game this weekend. The sole reason is Coach Dick and his inability to manage the clock and time outs. This team would have been in the playoffs with at least average coaching.

If we had the 85' Bears defense & the 07' Patriots offense on this team, Jauron would still screw things up. Jauron is an idiot and so is Ralph Wilson.

If we had the 85' Bears defense & the 07' Patriots offense on this team, Jauron would still screw things up. Jauron is an idiot and so is Ralph Wilson.

I think Ralph is more lazy and cheap than an idiot. I think he knows Jauron sucks. He just doesn't want to go through hassle and cost of changing the coaching staff. Hopefully fans will respond to Ralph where it will hurt him most, the wallet.

I think Ralph is more lazy and cheap than an idiot. I think he knows Jauron sucks. He just doesn't want to go through hassle and cost of changing the coaching staff. Hopefully fans will respond to Ralph where it will hurt him most, the wallet.

I think he's gun shy from the Donahoe debacle. Even though we didn't have success, we had some decent teams. The 2004 team should've made the playoffs if we could have beat Pittsburgh's 4th stringers. Again, going cheap with the coaches has killed us since Levy and to a less extent Wade Phillips. Speaking of crappy Bills coaches, I read that the Lions want to interview Mularkey.

I think he's gun shy from the Donahoe debacle. Even though we didn't have success, we had some decent teams. The 2004 team should've made the playoffs if we could have beat Pittsburgh's 4th stringers. Again, going cheap with the coaches has killed us since Levy and to a less extent Wade Phillips. Speaking of crappy Bills coaches, I read that the Lions want to interview Mularkey.

Ralph is still bitter at Donahoe with his remarks about trading up 1st rounders. Ralph needs to get a GM in here that actually knows football. I don't understand why Ralph shells out big bucks at players, but not at management & coaches.

I hate that the 2008 season's playoffs haven't even begun yet and I have no hope for 2009. I used to look forward to free agency and the draft. All I have now is the sinking feeling that no matter what they do it wont be close to enough.

Also,

What type of free agents will the Bills attract? Over paid marginal players and players looking to play for a "players coach" to avoid any type of accountability?

Maybe Jauron coming back is just to make people less angry about the 'Toronto Series'?

It may have been said in this thread already - the economy sucks, there is the second preseason home game again so the cost is going to be higher, Jauron is still the coach. There is no way that season ticket sales for the 2009 season doesn't drop significantly.

If anyone hasn't read this article SDS posted over on TBD, I suggest it.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/from..._painful_years/

Thanks for posting this article. It has pretty much summed up my feelings for the Bills. I, too, am to the point of checking the highlights of the game on internet. I cannot believe I'm saying this. I grew up a die hard Bills fan, as many of you have, but when the Bills organization, Wilson dictating obviously, has given up on the fans, I have to think about giving up on the Bills. I am on the verge of being a Bills fan no more. The Buffalo Bills, players, mangagement, etc..., have shown little concern for the fans. So why should I continue to support them? Ralph Wilson staying w/ Dick Jauron has shown his lack of interest of improving this team. It has shown Wilson's lack of respect for the common fan. Ralph hasn't done much to show he wants to put a winning team on the field. I miss those days... If and when the Bills leave, I'll be upset, but happy at the same time. I'll be happy knowing I won't be getting excited about the Bills offseason moves and their opening day weekend. The reason I'll be happy is because I know I won't be worried about another disappointing season. It'll be soon, but due to the actions of Ralph Wilson, I will eventually become a Bills fan no more. I here college football is fun to watch. (I've been watching it for years)

I do like cheering for the Bulls, though. I know they are a rather young D1-A program, but if they can make a switch to the Big East, they could become a legit program. The Big East is my hope. I'm sure they haven't given it much thought, though, but I do have my hopes. At least they appear to be a sports team in the Buffalo area wanting success. Hopefully that includes the Sabres...

Interesting article. I fit the demographic exactly. I was in New Orleans bar hoping and watching the Bills-Browns game. When it was over, I knew the season was lost. I won't disconnect from the collective because of one season, but I surely echo some of the sentiments expressed in that article. It's just plain humbling to be a Buffalo sports fan.

Interesting article. I fit the demographic exactly. I was in New Orleans bar hoping and watching the Bills-Browns game. When it was over, I knew the season was lost. I won't disconnect from the collective because of one season, but I surely echo some of the sentiments expressed in that article. It's just plain humbling to be a Buffalo sports fan.

It's been humbling for so long, it's almost depressing. I run into so many people who begin the "loser" talk or kid me about how difficult it is to be a Buffalo sports fan while they rave about how great the Giants/Cowboys/Patriots/NY Rangers are.

It's old....really old.

It's been humbling for so long, it's almost depressing. I run into so many people who begin the "loser" talk or kid me about how difficult it is to be a Buffalo sports fan while they rave about how great the Giants/Cowboys/Patriots/NY Rangers are.

It's old....really old.

Rangers?

Archived