[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

Wow, they look awful today. O-Line is awful, Peters still looks like it's off-season mini-camps and OTA's, and Edwards isn't reading the defense and blitzes. They better make a lot of adjustments at halftime or they are going to fall to the Rams.

4-0 Baby...

The breaks keep coming... Boldin taken out of game on a stretcher... That sure makes them easier to defend... I watched chunks of that game... Anyone who thought Favre was done just need look at that game...

The win does not have to look pretty, but it's a win nonetheless. Dick Jauron coached teams have mastered the concept of winning ugly. This is how he did it in Chicago and now how he does it in Buffalo. It's funny, the last time a Bills team was 4-0 was 1992. Those guys played no huddle offense and scored a ton of points. This team not so much, but a win is a win is a win. Physical football, special teams, and strong defense is what this team is using to go 4-0.

Stolen from Tim Graham's blog:

"Edwards in the fourth quarter this year: 27 of 35 for 349 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions."

Those numbers bring a tear to my eyes..

That's a 136.5 QB rating according to this calculator. The best you can get is 158.3, but average is currently about 83. The record for a season is 121.1 (Peyton Manning.)

The win does not have to look pretty, but it's a win nonetheless. Dick Jauron coached teams have mastered the concept of winning ugly. This is how he did it in Chicago and now how he does it in Buffalo. It's funny, the last time a Bills team was 4-0 was 1992. Those guys played no huddle offense and scored a ton of points. This team not so much, but a win is a win is a win. Physical football, special teams, and strong defense is what this team is using to go 4-0.

The 1992 Buffalo Bills averaged 23.8 points per game. The 2008 Buffalo Bills are averaging 27.25.

Took you almost two hours to come up with that retort, and I'm the one in preseason mode. :lol: OK, whatever.

Guess you also missed the word "COULD" huh? Maybe you need a thicker set of glasses. Or maybe not. Maybe you're happiest when you've got something to piss and moan about. I don't know.

Either way, I couldn't care less anymore. I'm not going to keep getting drawn into these pissing contests with you.

I don't think that anyone on here could have stated that any better than you. That may be the general consensus about him, considering that he is the eternal pessimist in our corner of the W3.

I might venture to say that he'll find something to complain about if we ever win either the Vince Lombardi Trophy or the Stanley Cup.

Which brings me to this. Did he have something to gripe about when the Bandits won the NLL trophy a few months ago? :unsure: , but I wouldn't put it past him.

Ok, the Bills pulled a 180 at half time, yesterday. In the first half, the Bills rush defense looked like shiit! In the second half, the Rams only ran for 20 yards or so. Same went for the offense. No pass or running game in the first half. However, in the second half the Bills ran ball the way they're supposed to. I loved how they did it on their opening drive. Also, whenever Edwards looks calm and is going deep, it's easy money! He puts the ball only where Evans catch it. I think Evans only had 2 receptions yesterday, but he averaged 44 yards or so on each catch.

Just to point out something funny. When the Bills were down 14-13, I just blurted out the Bills were going to intercept the ball and run it into the endzone on the next play. And it actually happend!!! That was some funny shiit! :D

Two players almost killed the Bills yesterday, Melvin Fowler and James Hardy. Fowler was awful and is the #1 reason the running game is off to a slow start. And James Hardy is horrible. He drop what? Five passes yesterday. No wonder the Bills have been spoon feeding this kid. He has two catches all season and one should have been ruled out of bounds. The Bills might want to check out the waiver wire to get some help for Evans and Reed until Parrish returns.

Two players almost killed the Bills yesterday, Melvin Fowler and James Hardy. Fowler was awful and is the #1 reason the running game is off to a slow start. And James Hardy is horrible. He drop what? Five passes yesterday. No wonder the Bills have been spoon feeding this kid. He has two catches all season and one should have been ruled out of bounds. The Bills might want to check out the waiver wire to get some help for Evans and Reed until Parrish returns.

You're exaggerating on the 5 dropped passes. I will say there were two "jump balls" he should've boxed out and used his height to make the catch. The NFL and NCAA are two different games. It takes time to learn. On the first drive, Hardy was wide open and Edwards over threw him badly. You can't blame that one on Hardy. I agree the Bills need to pick up a slot receiver. Evans had two great catches, but he usually gets a few more decent receptions.

Also, it is typical in NFL for a receiver to go 2 or 3 seasons before they start making an impact. You should pay more attention. Eric Moulds would be a perfect example. You're just too quick to judge Hardy.

You're exaggerating on the 5 dropped passes. I will say there were two "jump balls" he should've boxed out and used his height to make the catch. The NFL and NCAA are two different games. It takes time to learn. On the first drive, Hardy was wide open and Edwards over threw him badly. You can't blame that one on Hardy. I agree the Bills need to pick up a slot receiver. Evans had two great catches, but he usually gets a few more decent receptions.

Also, it is typical in NFL for a receiver to go 2 or 3 seasons before they start making an impact. You should pay more attention. Eric Moulds would be a perfect example. You're just too quick to judge Hardy.

Didn't the ball hit his hands? It is one thing to not be able to grasp the offense. Even another to work on timing with the quarterback. Not being able to catch the ball when it reaches you is a problem on a completely different level. There is a reason the coaching staff is hesitant to put him on the field. He can't catch the ball.

Didn't the ball hit his hands? It is one thing to not be able to grasp the offense. Even another to work on timing with the quarterback. Not being able to catch the ball when it reaches you is a problem on a completely different level. There is a reason the coaching staff is hesitant to put him on the field. He can't catch the ball.

It's early in his career. I do agree that he looks less than stellar at the moment. Rookies usually get in trouble by not understanding the playbook, failing to recognize the blitz, failing to block or running the wrong route. Stone hands is usually not the issue. Right now, he has stone hands. It's going to take some time to smooth out his rough edges.

Look at DeSean Jackson for the Eagles. He has committed all those failures I listed above and a few more (throwing the ball away before crossing the goal line). But having said that, he has good hands and catches what is thrown to him.

I'm willing to cut him some slack for being a rookie, but up to this point his body positioning has looked bad and he is in desperate need of some stick-em. Of course he can shut down all the talk by having a decent game next week. It would be nice to see Trent throw him a catchable slant route to see if he has good hands or not. Throwing jump balls to him hasn't been the best use of his talent so far. That you can blame on the Bills and the type of "safe" passes thrown to him (deep ins and sideline).

It's early in his career. I do agree that he looks less than stellar at the moment. Rookies usually get in trouble by not understanding the playbook, failing to recognize the blitz, failing to block or running the wrong route. Stone hands is usually not the issue. Right now, he has stone hands. It's going to take some time to smooth out his rough edges.

Look at DeSean Jackson for the Eagles. He has committed all those failures I listed above and a few more (throwing the ball away before crossing the goal line). But having said that, he has good hands and catches what is thrown to him.

I'm willing to cut him some slack for being a rookie, but up to this point his body positioning has looked bad and he is in desperate need of some stick-em. Of course he can shut down all the talk by having a decent game next week. It would be nice to see Trent throw him a catchable slant route to see if he has good hands or not. Throwing jump balls to him hasn't been the best use of his talent so far. That you can blame on the Bills and the type of "safe" passes thrown to him (deep ins and sideline).

I'm probably wrong here but I thought the idea behind drafting Hardy was to use his size. Toss him jump balls and let him use is size against smaller DB's. Hardy is in the NFL because of his size and if he can't use it he won't be around long. Teams will only put up with his off the field crap as long as he produces.

I'm probably wrong here but I thought the idea behind drafting Hardy was to use his size. Toss him jump balls and let him use is size against smaller DB's. Hardy is in the NFL because of his size and if he can't use it he won't be around long. Teams will only put up with his off the field crap as long as he produces.

It was, but then since NFL change the ruling on the push-out for when a receiver goes up for the ball so his size is a wash in that sense. So he's only really gonna be a threat on mobile routes since he's still not using his size to his advantage other than being able to reach straight up further than anyone else.

Yah that's what they said. But that can't be the only way to utilize him. That turns him into a one dimensional player, a one-trick pony so to speak. If the only thing you need to worry about is a high thrown pass, it makes defensing him so much easier.

espn.com is now reporting Terrance McGee is out for Sunday and questionable for San Diego, in week 7. Pretty big loss for the Bills.

It is but CB might be their deepest position. The only concern will be McKelvin and Corner playing nickel and dime. Youboty will do just fine starting opposite Greer.

Archived