Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Either way, we'll see if they can convict him of murder 2 I guess. If they can't, then I hope we find out why.

In regards to your string of posts here: couldn't have said it better myself.

People who don't flip on their turn signal until they've come to a full stop in the intersection.

Oh, and pancreatic cancer (stage 2).

hey, best wishes to whomever is affected by the above :(

I ordered mustard on my sandwich but they used mayo. I hate mayo!

That sucks dude. Have you ever mixed the two? It's pretty decent.

In regards to your string of posts here: couldn't have said it better myself.

You should see my string of posts on a certain social networking site. It's a work of art, right down to the finishing move. It felt like Mortal Kombat on the easiest setting. :P

Watching the first game of the NHL playoffs and the refs deciding they need to call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for a snow shower on the goalie.

Guys are out there finishing every check in the hardest tournament to win and the refs decide it's their time to shine too.

I'm sorry but I don't know where this rule came from but that is all part of the gamesmanship that goes on. If you call snowshowering penalties, then why aren't you calling the retaliatory slash the goalie gives back across the opponents ankles?

I think it's a joke and embarrassing that this call is/was made. And to boot, while shorthanded for this awful deed, the Canucks put the puck over the glass giving the Kings consecutive 2 man advantages.

Refs - call penalties that affect the game. Don't make yourself out to be something more than you are. You don't win the Stanley Cup for being a ref. Don't spoil it for the fans and the teams. Making up calls is a disgrace and has no place in the game. This is the freakin Stanley Cup playoffs and snow showering should never, ever be a penalty.

I'd rather see the spearing call made when Mike Richards shoves his stick into Luongo's upper chest. Please refs, please, call real penalties.

And while I'm at it. Snow showering is 2 mins, just like the elbow that Sedin rec'd from Duncan Keith. How'd Daniel look last night? Oh wait, he's still out. Crazy.

Edited by rickshaw

Watching the first game of the NHL playoffs and the refs deciding they need to call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for a snow shower on the goalie.

Guys are out there finishing every check in the hardest tournament to win and the refs decide it's their time to shine too.

I'm sorry but I don't know where this rule came from but that is all part of the gamesmanship that goes on. If you call snowshowering penalties, then why aren't you calling the retaliatory slash the goalie gives back across the opponents ankles?

I think it's a joke and embarrassing that this call is/was made. And to boot, while shorthanded for this awful deed, the Canucks put the puck over the glass giving the Kings consecutive 2 man advantages.

Refs - call penalties that affect the game. Don't make yourself out to be something more than you are. You don't win the Stanley Cup for being a ref. Don't spoil it for the fans and the teams. Making up calls is a disgrace and has no place in the game. This is the freakin Stanley Cup playoffs and snow showering should never, ever be a penalty.

I'd rather see the spearing call made when Mike Richards shoves his stick into Luongo's upper chest. Please refs, please, call real penalties.

And while I'm at it. Snow showering is 2 mins, just like the elbow that Sedin rec'd from Duncan Keith. How'd Daniel look last night? Oh wait, he's still out. Crazy.

I think, to be honest, that the snow-showering penalty was the refs way of saying that they wouldn't tolerate any funny business with goalies. I'm sure the league told them to make sure that goalies were off limits, and calling a penalty like that is a good way of getting the point across early.

Maybe we're finally seeing a return to the "goalies are off limits" concept?

That sucks dude. Have you ever mixed the two? It's pretty decent.

You NEVER let them touch! ;)

You should see my string of posts on a certain social networking site. It's a work of art, right down to the finishing move. It felt like Mortal Kombat on the easiest setting. :P

HAHA fantastic. I too am getting fed up with the ignorance of a lot of people, especially the more famous people that are stepping in as if they know all of the facts (i.e. Rev Sharpton...).

I think, to be honest, that the snow-showering penalty was the refs way of saying that they wouldn't tolerate any funny business with goalies. I'm sure the league told them to make sure that goalies were off limits, and calling a penalty like that is a good way of getting the point across early.

Maybe we're finally seeing a return to the "goalies are off limits" concept?

INCONCEIVABLE! :rolleyes:

You NEVER let them touch! ;)

HAHA fantastic. I too am getting fed up with the ignorance of a lot of people, especially the more famous people that are stepping in as if they know all of the facts (i.e. Rev Sharpton...).

It's so bad I'm forcing myself to call a truce. I don't want it to get any uglier than it already is for him.

If you hope that Zimmerman is innocent because you have reason to believe he is the victim, based only on the information the public currently has, then there are more things influencing your reasoning than just the facts of the case. Racial prejudice, prejudice against the criminal justice system, prejudice against law enforcement. Essentially, a fear of things one does not fully understand.

Frightening. :(

It's so bad I'm forcing myself to call a truce. I don't want it to get any uglier than it already is for him.

If you hope that Zimmerman is innocent because you have reason to believe he is the victim, based only on the information the public currently has, then there are more things influencing your reasoning than just the facts of the case. Racial prejudice, prejudice against the criminal justice system, prejudice against law enforcement. Essentially, a fear of things one does not fully understand.

Frightening. :(

exactly! I don't know all of the facts, and I'm not going to pretend I do. From I what I do know, there a few options for courses of action for either party that would not have ended the same way, so from what's been presented, I can't really assign fault from my desk chair.

I hate NHL.com comment section fans that think they are smarter than everyone, and that Crosbys sexual preference jokes are hilarious.

Kind of like the people who don't like a player so they start calling them by a female first name? There's no one more classy and sophisticated than those cavemen.

Kind of like the people who don't like a player so they start calling them by a female first name? There's no one more classy and sophisticated than those cavemen.

Yes, like those people. They usually have flyers logos next to their names. I just decided to never comment on that website again, they are unbelievable over there.

As I have flaunted in the past, occasionally I would get suite tickets for a few Sabres games every year. The sales rep who generously doled them out passed this weekend at 50 years of age. I didn't realize he only had tickets for 5 games a year. I was floored at the respect and generosity he showed by giving over half of

those to me. I am not upset about losing the

ticket hook up but I am upset about humanity

losing a good person. RIP Bob you'll be missed.

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

The pluralization of regard. "...in regards to.." Its singular--In regard to.

But give my regards to broadway.

irregardless

As I have flaunted in the past, occasionally I would get suite tickets for a few Sabres games every year. The sales rep who generously doled them out passed this weekend at 50 years of age. I didn't realize he only had tickets for 5 games a year. I was floored at the respect and generosity he showed by giving over half of

those to me. I am not upset about losing the

ticket hook up but I am upset about humanity

losing a good person. RIP Bob you'll be missed.

Sorry, man.

My dog is a pooping machine. I get out of the shower this morning and find that he's crapped all over the hallway carpet and tracked it around. (He'd already been outside earlier in the morning for 5-10 minutes, but I guess he forgot to go then.) So I get to put him in the tub while I spot clean the carpet because my Bissel is out of cleaning solution, then clean him up before I can finish getting ready for work. Ugh.

Come home from work tonight (no later than usual), and oh yay, more poop. This time it's smeared into the carpet AND the kitchen tile, and there's a little trail of poop-prints from the carpet to the back door. Awesome. Just how I wanted to spend my evening.

it was open prior...just no one went looking for it haha

If so, I retract my shot at the mods with a full apology. I didn't see it but then again, I was pretty bleary-eyed this morning after little sleep last night.

So, you wake up, go downstairs, have some coffee, and then the thing happens. You get up, go to the room where you remove some morning problems. You do your business and grab some paper to prepare to clean yourself. Only you grab three sheets instead of four. While cleaning yourself, you apply too much pressure for the insufficient sheet count and break through, giving yourself a fine "How's Your Morning?"

Man, I hate that.

So last night I was driving home down a relatively narrow two way street. For whatever reason, this girl driving the other way comes to a full stop in the middle of the road, straddling the yellow line. You see these cars coming in the in the opposite direction? Yeah, we kind of want to keep going.

It reminds me of all the idiots around here who are so insanely cautious when going around a parked car. They'll cross over the yellow line just to give that parked car a 5 foot buffer. They're so worried about brushing the parked car that they cross over into opposing traffic, not the least bit worried about the cars coming the other way. Call me crazy, but if I have to choose between brushing a parked car or hitting a moving car, I don't think it's that tough of a choice.

So, you wake up, go downstairs, have some coffee, and then the thing happens. You get up, go to the room where you remove some morning problems. You do your business and grab some paper to prepare to clean yourself. Only you grab three sheets instead of four. While cleaning yourself, you apply too much pressure for the insufficient sheet count and break through, giving yourself a fine "How's Your Morning?"

Man, I hate that.

that's pretty bad...