Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Schools that close the night before. What happened to waking up at 6AM to the radio alarm and listening for your school's name? My kid misses enough school because she's sick, she doesn't need to miss any more because there might be some snow.

We missed all the snow here in Maryland.. All we got from the storm of the decade is some ice and wind.

Albany got all hyped up about it and we got a whopping 8 inches...tops. I was disappointed.

Official complaint: I wish some people I work with would invest in breath mints. :sick:

And Pegula's regime hasn't begun yet.

All good and well, but it still doesn't mean the miserable behavior should be tolerated by management.

Agreed, but what recourse do employees have for miserable behavior by management, kinda of hypocritical don't you think? All part of the tug and pull of power... once again it is all B.S.

Think it's time to start moving on to a new job....the company I am at doesn't seem to value me at all. I consistently hit all my goals, am way underpaid and they keep dangling promotions in front of me that I think they have no intention of giving me - but I keep hearing things like "they really like you and have plans for you." Now when I see a different position in my company they don't want to even consider me for it because it is overseeing the biggest branch in that department and they don't think I can handle it.

When I got to work yesterday, I was waiting to walk across the street to grab something to eat. The roads were pretty much abandoned because no one wanted to drive... except one single cab. This a-hole decided to swerve towards a puddle and intentionally spray me. So I got to spend the entire first half of the day covered up to my waist in sandy water. So much fun.

I know the above is an old statement, but it is still a trueism. Why do the most misearable people become managers?

Or do they just receive some indoctrination session by Donald Rumsfeld in the basement of the Pentagon.

In my case, my manager was forced into it. Our previous manager retired and she was second in charge of our unit. Because of the economy, we never re-filled the old manager's position, so she's been in charge ever since. She admittedly never wanted it, but had no choice.

Waiting on my doctor's office to fax the all clear to my employer. Been off of work for 2.5 weeks thanks to this stupid shingles outbreak. I am dying to get out of this house but I have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs until Dr office staff gets that all clear sent to my employer.

I am very impatient at this point.

Think it's time to start moving on to a new job....the company I am at doesn't seem to value me at all. I consistently hit all my goals, am way underpaid and they keep dangling promotions in front of me that I think they have no intention of giving me - but I keep hearing things like "they really like you and have plans for you." Now when I see a different position in my company they don't want to even consider me for it because it is overseeing the biggest branch in that department and they don't think I can handle it.

I hear you on that. I just received a "promotion" and got a fancy new title with more responsibility, but didn't get a whiff of a pay increase. Apparently I'm great at what I do, but when it comes time for my boss to show his appreciation with a raise, it's not quite good enough. I'm currently doing the workload that two idiots used to do (and I'm outselling them by a lot), and now I have to oversee the sales efforts in two other departments (we have 3 sales departments) in addition to handling all of the sales in my department, the largest of the three. I straight up told him I didn't have time to do everything I need to do, and he said we could "look into getting a part-time, unpaid intern." Ugh.

I hear you on that. I just received a "promotion" and got a fancy new title with more responsibility, but didn't get a whiff of a pay increase. Apparently I'm great at what I do, but when it comes time for my boss to show his appreciation with a raise, it's not quite good enough. I'm currently doing the workload that two idiots used to do (and I'm outselling them by a lot), and now I have to oversee the sales efforts in two other departments (we have 3 sales departments) in addition to handling all of the sales in my department, the largest of the three. I straight up told him I didn't have time to do everything I need to do, and he said we could "look into getting a part-time, unpaid intern." Ugh.

Sounds like our respective upper management staffs went to school together.

Sounds like our respective upper management staffs went to school together.

You work for a French guy too? Problem #1 here is that "upper management" consists of two people - Frenchie and his American wife, the EVP, who spends most of her time at their 2nd home in Hilton Head, and really has no clue what's going on. There's another VP who hates Frenchie with a passion. She's been here for ten years, but despite her disdain for the boss and his wife, she doesn't have the stones to go move on to something else. With the new promotion, I'm next in line after her.

Waiting on my doctor's office to fax the all clear to my employer. Been off of work for 2.5 weeks thanks to this stupid shingles outbreak. I am dying to get out of this house but I have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs until Dr office staff gets that all clear sent to my employer.

I am very impatient at this point.

Hopefully that won't happen until about 1:00.

You work for a French guy too? Problem #1 here is that "upper management" consists of two people - Frenchie and his American wife, the EVP, who spends most of her time at their 2nd home in Hilton Head, and really has no clue what's going on. There's another VP who hates Frenchie with a passion. She's been here for ten years, but despite her disdain for the boss and his wife, she doesn't have the stones to go move on to something else. With the new promotion, I'm next in line after her.

bonne chance!

Oatmeal. Why does it take so long to cool down.

For some reason, I now have the mental image of the scene in Old School where Blue is in the pool wrestling. Except this time instead of KY it is filled with oatmeal, and it's PA and you that wrestle.

Sorry, but sometimes the unbridled mind takes me to unexpected destinations.

When I got to work yesterday, I was waiting to walk across the street to grab something to eat. The roads were pretty much abandoned because no one wanted to drive... except one single cab. This a-hole decided to swerve towards a puddle and intentionally spray me. So I got to spend the entire first half of the day covered up to my waist in sandy water. So much fun.

Cab drivers, especially when I don't recognize them from the other team I played in my pick up hockey league.