Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Got an MRI on the knee and calf today, so now I am waiting for the doc to call with the results - or at least schedule an appt so we can go over them. Kinda sucks waiting to find out what the scans revealed.

Plus side, though - I got a cool CD with all the images on there. Don't know what I am looking at but it's neat to look at.

Got an MRI on the knee and calf today, so now I am waiting for the doc to call with the results - or at least schedule an appt so we can go over them. Kinda sucks waiting to find out what the scans revealed.

Plus side, though - I got a cool CD with all the images on there. Don't know what I am looking at but it's neat to look at.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Not sure what's going on there. Thought it was a problem with the knee affecting my gait when running, but the calf feels like I'm being Tasered every time I run more than a mile or so. Can't wait to find out what's going on in there.

College visits with our 17 year old. Next on the list...U of Chicago in a couple of days.

I had a flashback today of her knee-high and running into the kitchen excited about something and wanting to tell me, hugging my legs and smiling up at me...

How did we get here so fast? :cry:

The Drudge Report is truly a despicable site, on several levels. Yet I go there multiple times a day, both because I find it useful and darkly entertaining.

I vow to stop visiting.

My favorite was when he had Obama riding a bike in suit pants and helmet and next to it Putin was doing something Putin-like.....maybe sharing a salmon with a bear without wearing a shirt, or driving a racecar while putting out a forest fire.

Just spent 2 hours in the ER trying to find out why I have blisters all around my eye and bridge of my nose and have a screaming headache. The diagnosis? Shingles. ###### shingles. OMG does it hurt.

Have to see an eye doctor tomorrow cuz if the shingles spreads to my eye it can cause permanent sight damage.

No real cure like a bacterial infection. It has to run its course. Could be a couple weeks. Sucks to be me.

Just spent 2 hours in the ER trying to find out why I have blisters all around my eye and bridge of my nose and have a screaming headache. The diagnosis? Shingles. ###### shingles. OMG does it hurt.

Have to see an eye doctor tomorrow cuz if the shingles spreads to my eye it can cause permanent sight damage.

No real cure like a bacterial infection. It has to run its course. Could be a couple weeks. Sucks to be me.

Man, that does suck. I had shingles a few years ago, but the symptoms were the blisters on my abdomen and what felt like back pain that wouldn't go away. I was lucky enough to get it caught early where some antibiotic was able to get rid of it.

Good luck - I hope it doesn't affect your eyes at all.

You can probably get a script for some pain med to dull it. I know on the body you can use a patch that dulls the nerves, but the face is tricky. Zovirax is a creme that might help the blisters speed up their course. Then if you have any left over, you can use it on that occasional herpes outbreak from the Dominican in '88.

You can probably get a script for some pain med to dull it. I know on the body you can use a patch that dulls the nerves, but the face is tricky. Zovirax is a creme that might help the blisters speed up their course. Then if you have any left over, you can use it on that occasional herpes outbreak from the Dominican in '88.

I knew there'd be a herpes joke sooner or later.

And I'm headed down to Cape Cod tomorrow after work. These last 12 work hours need to move faster.

Good luck with this.

Been there myself.

Right up there with kidney stones.

Yeah, kidney stones are the suck too. Been there 3 times.

Hydrocodone is helping with the pain but it ain't a perfect solution by any stretch. First anti-viral dose is down the hatch. Get to visit an opthamologist (try spelling that with a buzz) tomorrow to make sure it isn't progressing into my right eye.

*makes note to save extra doses for the trip to Nawlins this Spring*

This.

Even when the boss isn't in the office, she's nitpicking over email. :wallbash:

I hate, hate, hate being micromanaged, and ever since my company reorganized that's all my new boss (who was promoted despite being terrible at her job when we were at the same level) has done. Fortunately a position has opened up in my branch that is both a somewhat lateral position but also a promotion, and I have already started jockeying for it. I think I have the right people aligned with me to make it happen but this company is full of people who could screw up a free lunch, so I am not counting on anything until the paperwork is all finalized and I am in the position.

I hate, hate, hate being micromanaged, and ever since my company reorganized that's all my new boss (who was promoted despite being terrible at her job when we were at the same level) has done. Fortunately a position has opened up in my branch that is both a somewhat lateral position but also a promotion, and I have already started jockeying for it. I think I have the right people aligned with me to make it happen but this company is full of people who could screw up a free lunch, so I am not counting on anything until the paperwork is all finalized and I am in the position.

And that's precisely what's happening with me. I can't have a phone conversation with my wife w/o the boss asking what it's about.

Another complaint: the idiots sitting within 5 rows of the ice who decide to stand up and wave to get themselves on TV. I'm glad I don't get tickets that good or else...

And that's precisely what's happening with me. I can't have a phone conversation with my wife w/o the boss asking what it's about.

Another complaint: the idiots sitting within 5 rows of the ice who decide to stand up and wave to get themselves on TV. I'm glad I don't get tickets that good or else...

Same here. Thankfully my micromanager is at another branch 40 minutes away.

We're in the midst of a month-long membership campaign. The branch I work at traditionally starts out slow and closes strong. Been that way for the last five campaigns I've overseen. For some reason this campaign they jacked my goals up to levels we haven't hit in years (at least not in the 3 years I've been here) and want to know why, halfway through the month, we were exactly ONE DAY off the pace to hit our goals. So we had to do an "action plan" on Monday to make sure we hit the numbers. All this while being down three key staff due to deaths and medical issues. One of them is my branch director, so I have been essentially running the whole place and trying to manage my campaign. Oh - and they cut my hours last month, so I am doing it with less time.

Idiots.